Author Topic: New Hiace van build  (Read 16512 times)

Offline jeeves01

• Sleeping Bag User
New Hiace van build
« on: July 01, 2019, 01:31:03 PM »
Long time since I have been here but my camping style is changing soon so this site is more relevant than in the past.
I hope by tomorrow I will be putting a deposit on a new model HiAce SLWB petrol van and will be getting it done up inside as my new camping home.
I will be getting the V6 auto petrol and the inside will be a bit of a custom job by Inside Rides at South Nowra. They pretty much sit down with and we both throw around ideas of what I want and they go about the pros and cons etc.
I think this style of vehicle will more suit me and I can still tow my tinny around.
I have made up my mind about a couple of items....Redarc for the battery charging, Engel for the fridges, sticking with AGMs for the batteries over Lithium and a couple of other things.
I will get a pull out awning on the outside and not sure what to buy hear and any suggestions would be welcome about this.
Anyway...as time goes on I will update the progress...I am not planning on delivery of the van much before October as this will give me time to sell my slide on and ute....I think the slide on has sold but nothing is finished until I get the money!!
I'm looking forward to having a nice comfortable mobile home by this Christmas or thereabouts. :cheers:
Just noticed I put this in the wrong place...mod could you move it to General Discussion please.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 01:34:34 PM by jeeves01 »