Author Topic: Under 30's  (Read 10600 times)

Offline Greeny

• Swag User
Under 30's
« on: October 05, 2016, 08:45:42 PM »
Hi all, the wife and I are looking at getting out more in the trailer over the summer, mainly one nighter weekend trips to fit in with work.

We're both in our late 20's with an 8 month old, which makes it hard to get out, so we're looking to meet some new like minded, like "aged" people (nothing against the oldies)

We're based in Jimboomba QLD and have turned down the remoteness of our trips to fit in with having a baby, mostly bush camps now around SEQ/northern NSW.

Feel free to pm me or reply here.

Cheers
Greeny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Re: Under 30's
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:42:15 PM »
hey mate. if your willing to head north a little i'm in the fraser coast, theres a nice camp ground in gympie with awesome play grounds for the kids, and its cheap as with hot showers and toilets, just no power. its called cob and co nine mile.
https://t.me/pump_upp

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 08:39:35 AM »
Sorry mate I'm to old ;D
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »
I don't I've met anyone under 60 on here 😂😂

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 12:51:42 PM »

Swannie
oi... :'(
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 01:15:24 PM »

Swannie

i just feel that old somedays.

Offline Greeny

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »
hey mate. if your willing to head north a little i'm in the fraser coast, theres a nice camp ground in gympie with awesome play grounds for the kids, and its cheap as with hot showers and toilets, just no power. its called cob and co nine mile.

Thanks mate, looks like a nice spot. We've been up to Kenilworth over Easter which is about the same distance away from us.

Do you go to Nine Mile often? What's it like on long weekends?

Offline Greeny

• Swag User
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »
Yeah I didn't think there were too many "young" people here.

Not intentionally trying to be ageist, just want to meet some people around our own age, might have to up the age limit to Under 35's, 40's or 80's

Offline Merts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »
I'm in my 50s, but everyone I know thinks I've never grown up.... ;D
Towing a a National Campers 'Hermit 10' hybrid with an MQ Triton. Previously towed an Outback Campers 'Sturt' softfloor. (PM me if you want to buy the Sturt!)

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »
Just think of the wealth of expearince your missing out on.....Ahhh Welllll.....I guess you will have to make the same mistakes we older people did at your age..... >:D >:D >:D >:D

Cheers Tracker.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:25:11 PM by tracker »
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline Ben.Archer

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 04:10:28 PM »
I get confused, either me or my son is 4.  The other is closer to 40 - Just checked with the wife she insists I am the one who behaves like a child with a credit card.... (Me thinks she has just seen the CC bill again and has just worked out who ARB are....  :-[)
2015 Land Rover Discovery 4
2000 90 Series Toyota Prado RV6
2013 MDC Off Road Step-Through V3 - Heavily modded and I am only just starting :-)

Offline Coiled

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 10:41:20 PM »
Each to their own, I am 37 and Mrs 34 so probably considered old but we have a 3 year old and another on the way.

I think first it is most important that you are with people sharing your interest, second at a similar life point (eg young family in your case) and third similar aged. Having moved a bit with work we have made friendships based on the above and mostly in that order in both motorsport and camping/4wding circles. Whilst our closest and longest lasting friends from this are similar in age we have had great times with some younger and many older who are still pretty young at heart. You learn stuff along the way with the oldies too just don't admit it to them or it goes to their heads!  ;D

It's funny my wife and I have joked before about creating a friend finder 'dating site' for couples to find other couples seeking friends with similar interests. Sounds like there is a market.
2013 Nissan Patrol Y61
2015 Kimberley Karavan Eco Suite

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 11:09:01 PM »
Thanks mate, looks like a nice spot. We've been up to Kenilworth over Easter which is about the same distance away from us.

Do you go to Nine Mile often? What's it like on long weekends?

We haven't been often. But we plan on going again. We went on a long weekend and it wasn't that busy. They dont let it get to full. But it's just park where you want. No sites. So if one area is too busy. Set up somewhere else. Another good one is paradise dam. But that might be a bit of a drive for you. Also not a lot to do apart from swim and boat.

Offline rsteedman

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 04:49:51 AM »
I live in Jimboomba and have 2 kids under 3. But I turn 30 this month. Sorry we can't be friends  :-P

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 07:43:02 AM »
Having moved a bit with work we have made friendships based on the above and mostly in that order in both motorsport and camping/4wding circles. Whilst our closest and longest lasting friends from this are similar in age we have had great times with some younger and many older who are still pretty young at heart. You learn stuff along the way with the oldies too just don't admit it to them or it goes to their heads!  ;D

So much truth here.

We're in our late 30's with 2 kids under 8.
I also moved interstate for work, we found some great friends when we joined a local 4wd club.
But to go against the grain of this conversation, our closest friends from the club have no kids and are almost literally twice our age.

We can drive all sorts of tracks with them during the day and have a blast, then sit around the fire and chat all night.
It's not the age, it's the person.

And by the way, we're on the Sunny Coast now and our family is usually camping somewhere at least once a month (often more then that). Put a shout out if you're planing a trip somewhere, we might tag along if we can.

Offline Greeny

• Swag User
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 08:05:29 AM »
Each to their own, I am 37 and Mrs 34 so probably considered old but we have a 3 year old and another on the way.

I think first it is most important that you are with people sharing your interest, second at a similar life point (eg young family in your case) and third similar aged. Having moved a bit with work we have made friendships based on the above and mostly in that order in both motorsport and camping/4wding circles. Whilst our closest and longest lasting friends from this are similar in age we have had great times with some younger and many older who are still pretty young at heart. You learn stuff along the way with the oldies too just don't admit it to them or it goes to their heads!  ;D

It's funny my wife and I have joked before about creating a friend finder 'dating site' for couples to find other couples seeking friends with similar interests. Sounds like there is a market.

Couldn't agree more, we have older friends that share the same interests and while we love getting out with them being at different stages in our lives it's hard to tee up something. They have all the time in the world and we have to squeeze something in over a weekend, they want to go remote and we still want to be close just in case.

"Tinder for couples (not swingers)" I think it's got some legs haha

Offline Greeny

• Swag User
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 08:18:45 AM »
We haven't been often. But we plan on going again. We went on a long weekend and it wasn't that busy. They dont let it get to full. But it's just park where you want. No sites. So if one area is too busy. Set up somewhere else. Another good one is paradise dam. But that might be a bit of a drive for you. Also not a lot to do apart from swim and boat.

I had a look at their website and rules yesterday, looks like they're very family and kid orientated, which is good. When she's older I'll be trying my hardest to get her and keep her interested in camping, places like this will definitely help

Offline Greeny

• Swag User
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 08:20:13 AM »
I live in Jimboomba and have 2 kids under 3. But I turn 30 this month. Sorry we can't be friends  :-P

Yeah sorry mate you're out haha.

Whereabouts in Jimboomba are you? We're in the new side of the Woods estate.

UIZ733

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 08:37:28 AM »
Adolescence for males is a cruel hoax.  ;D

Offline rsteedman

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 06:45:59 PM »
Yeah sorry mate you're out haha.

Whereabouts in Jimboomba are you? We're in the new side of the Woods estate.

I'm at Cedar Grove. But work in Coopers Plains.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 07:20:42 PM »
Greeny  lm a bit over 30somethingishormore  get out there & meet Swaggers  . They will put you to bed . Don't ever underestimate the fight in an old dog    ,,,,,               :cup:     :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Greeny

• Swag User
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 10:44:02 AM »
I'm at Cedar Grove. But work in Coopers Plains.

You're just down the road from us then.

Have you found any decent local campsites? We're pretty familiar with most of the ones out past Beaudesert.

Offline Greeny

• Swag User
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016, 10:50:13 AM »
Greeny  lm a bit over 30somethingishormore  get out there & meet Swaggers  . They will put you to bed . Don't ever underestimate the fight in an old dog    ,,,,,               :cup:     :cheers:

Yeah might have to do just that, when's the next meet!?

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016, 04:09:50 PM »
Organise one greeny, i would, but i have to go have a cup of bonnox and hit the hay. Jeepers is organising one at summerset dam soon, check out the trips and destinations section.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Cheers

Justin

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 04:14:19 PM »
I'm sure Jeepers, will love to organise the fairy bread and cordial JD.   
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback