Author Topic: Old skool camper moving to the dark side :D  (Read 2368 times)

Offline eventyr

• Tent User
  • What do I write here?
    • jamesholbeachpics
Old skool camper moving to the dark side :D
« on: August 15, 2016, 11:13:32 PM »
Hi,
Wife and I are long time campers through scouts, venturers and our respective parents (ok, mine more than hers). With some LSL coming up we decided to take the plunge and move to a more "serious" camping exercise. Current plan is to take the rug rats (6 & 7 YO) out of school next year (term 2) and spend 3-4 months driving up north. Our current CT involves a 9 man tent which, while great and spacious, takes about 45min-1hr to properly set everything up ...

Some pices from one of our recent adventures to Shark bay with it here:
http://www.jamesh.com.au/Easter-Camping-Trip-Kalbarri

it also takes ~45-1hr to pack up, sometimes longer ... for our big trip next year, this is just too much and we need a bit more luxury too. So after a lot of research we bought a 2nd hand Goldstream storm, named "Harry" http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=49238.0

Both wife and I were born in Melbourne, moved to Norway for a few years where miss 7 yo was born, and then returned to Australia transferring to Perth where mr 6yo was born and we are now.

SO that is us. I've got a passion for fishing, photography, Motorsport and RC helicopter flying - Mrs Eventyr has a passion for reading! :)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 12:10:37 AM by eventyr »
CT: "Harry" a Goldstream Storm RL Vacationer Series III  MY2015 - Mods: 250W PV - Victron Regulator - Perm. B.E.S.T. Water filter - External water, storage, lighting, 12V power ... 
Tow: "Pearl" a MY13 LC200 Sahara
1 Husband, 1 wife, 1 miss teenager, 1 mister growing up

Offline landbarge

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Old skool camper moving to the dark side :D
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 11:17:56 PM »
Good choice in camper. Not that I am biased in any way... Have fun with it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk