Author Topic: New Truck and CT  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Twinpiston

• Swag User
New Truck and CT
« on: August 04, 2014, 08:16:10 PM »
Hi All,

Just got a new truck so decided I need something to tow behind, seeing as though its my birthday soon, I decided to give myself an early present. Picked up a 2012 MDC camper trailer in VERY condition and only used 6 times in its life. Going out for the maiden voyage this weekend.

A few questions about the MDC, can you easily replace the outer cover (looks like a small rub or tear where previous owners have put a bike on top) as much as it is in good condition I don't want any water to get in and I would like to change to black or even white if possible to colour match the rig.

Also I noticed the axle is offset and I could flip it over to get a little more height out of it, is there any way to adjust the tent height or is it set at this and that's that....

Here are the obligatory pics.....

Cheers
'13 BT50 GT - '16 Swan Outback.

Offline McTavish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: New Truck and CT
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:42:34 PM »
Welcome - nice Truck !
Vacation Camper & McTavish surfboard - what more does a guy need??

scarps

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 10:04:22 PM »
Welcome to myswag, great to have you on board. Can't really assist with your CT q's, but nice truck.

Offline Green rv

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • SAND CAR-SELS @ FRASER
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 12:27:22 PM »
nice set up mate
ute looks a bit naked though might need to get a bar on it
give mdc a call should be able to help with that info also i would give a auto trim or canvas repairer a call get a quote on the ct cover
Hilux 2002 LN167 + Stockman POD

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 07:56:36 AM »
Welcome to the Forum mate. Nice blank canvas to begin with  :cheers:

Ive organised a Mod sheet for the Truck :

Front and rear ARB bars
Duel Batts
Warn Winch
GME TX3540 UHF
17x8 Black steelies with 265/70R17 Mickey T  ATZP3 x5
Beaudesert Mandrel Exhuast
McGirr LED Lightbar 
Lightforce Blitz HID spotties

Just to begin with, let us know when your done and dont forget the pics  :cheers:

;D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:05:04 AM by Black Diamond »
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline Ratbag

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
Gidday TP

Hi All,

Just got a new truck so decided I need something to tow behind, seeing as though its my birthday soon, I decided to give myself an early present. Picked up a 2012 MDC camper trailer in VERY condition and only used 6 times in its life. Going out for the maiden voyage this weekend.

Congrats, mate ...  ;D .

A few questions about the MDC, can you easily replace the outer cover (looks like a small rub or tear where previous owners have put a bike on top) as much as it is in good condition I don't want any water to get in and I would like to change to black or even white if possible to colour match the rig.

Take it to a canvas maker and have them patch it properly for you. Sure as heck don't want any moisture getting through the travelling cover.

My OzTrail Camper 6 Owner's Manual also recommends tying the travelling cover down when travelling any distance to prevent ballooning that can and will tear the cover to shreds. I agree with this sentiment, and had planned to do it this way anyway. I plan to have at least two straps crosswise and two lengthwise. I decided against using rope, as this could easily chafe the travelling cover. I also plan to have a big PE tarp that's folded on top of the travelling cover. This will serve as an underfloor protector for the vinyl floor when camped.

You may also be able to get one from MDC, perhaps?

Also I noticed the axle is offset and I could flip it over to get a little more height out of it, is there any way to adjust the tent height or is it set at this and that's that....

Not likely. A 'problem' with trailer tents is that the lip to ground distance is relatively critical. It was one big worry I had with mine when I ordered it back in March. It is designed to fit a nominal 850mm high trailer. My trailer has 215/60 16" tyres, so sits around 890mm to the bottom of the base board. When I finally fitted it the day before yesterday, it fitted like a Proctologist's finger ...  ;D - thank the CT Gods!

Here are the obligatory pics.....

Cheers

Hope this helps a bit, and good luck with it all  :) .

Offline Market Direct Campers

• Tent User
  • www.marketdirect.com.au PH: 1300 4x4 4x4
    • MDC Camper Trailers & Caravans
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 12:42:02 AM »
Hi All,

Cheers

Hi Twinpiston,

Replacement cover is $399 and is available through any of our stores in Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth or Sydney.
Video below on how to remove the cover completely, reinstallation is a reversal of the removal process.
You can have a go at it yourself or we'll have one of our workshop guys do it for you for FREE.

Just mention the MDC Insider & MySwag forum, and we'll get it done for you.

Small | Large

Happy Camping ;)
MDC Insider
[img width= height=]http://www.importersandwholesalers.com.au/forum/myswaglogo2.jpg[/img]