Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 2496 times)

Offline ITSATD

• Learning the Ropes
Hi all
« on: August 07, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »
Been looking around here for a little while now and finally took the time to become a member.

Currently owning a well setup patrol for camping and doing the tuff stuff up the high country, I'm now a lot more interested in doing the big long trips your remember for a life time and can hopefully tell and take my kids on one day when i have a couple.

Even though i have a well setup patrol and there is only me and the misses i think the short wheel base just isn't going to be big enough.
I'm wanting to build a camper trailer / jetski trailer. with tent kitchen etc not having seen one done before Ive got a pretty good picture in my head i need to start getting pictures from my head into some steel.

thinking

4 link triangular or some say A frame suspension setup with disconnect able swaybars 

you might think I'm crazy and can tell me if i am but i don't like the thought of a big 3 seater jetski sitting on some big angles when off road.

want to sit it on 35" mud terrains just because that's what the car will be on for a big trip and can use the spares for car or trailer.

big kitchen on the A frame of the trailer

and a big tent up on top.

any ideas or suggestions will be a great help

here are a few pic of my car just because it feels like the only reason i get out of bed to got to work is to think about where i want to take it next

Just started the first step of mods for those long remote trips

And playing on the dunes when i went over to tassie a year or so ago

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
Welcome mate and the Patrol...

Greg
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline gunna

• Could End Up Anywhere
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Don't leave your run to late
    • A Few Pic's
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:07:45 PM »
welcome to myswag
 :cheers: sheeds

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 05:26:22 AM »
G'day and welcome.
Good looking patrol there mate. 8)
Look forward to following your camper trailer construction.

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 08:49:14 AM »
G'day & Welcome.

I was considering your trailer requirements in my mind, but every permutation was truck down by the thought f you reversing it into the water to retrieve your jetski. For sure you could build a jetski trailer wth 35" wheels, but you might need to make it a tipper so as the get the back lowe enough to pull the ski on without having to back it so far into the drink. You could build a frame over this with a roof topper on it. I had initially though of two long drawers down either side for a kitchen and storage, but sealing them against regular immersion might be hard. Would you reallt travel much offroad with a jetski, maybe an inflatable rib would be easier?

Anyway, welcome and good luck with your build.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline ITSATD

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:44:26 PM »
G'day & Welcome.

I was considering your trailer requirements in my mind, but every permutation was truck down by the thought f you reversing it into the water to retrieve your jetski. For sure you could build a jetski trailer wth 35" wheels, but you might need to make it a tipper so as the get the back lowe enough to pull the ski on without having to back it so far into the drink. You could build a frame over this with a roof topper on it. I had initially though of two long drawers down either side for a kitchen and storage, but sealing them against regular immersion might be hard. Would you reallt travel much offroad with a jetski, maybe an inflatable rib would be easier?

Anyway, welcome and good luck with your build.

Thanks everyone and I was thinking about the height of the jetski and getting into the water witch had me worried untill I was in america and every 2nd f250 had 40 inch tires and twin jetskis on the rear tubs they just had a simple ramp with rollers and a small winch.

Reason I want a jetski is i love them the speed can use ski tubes off them fish off them and just enjoy them anywhere you travel on the coast up north.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:39:38 PM by BigJules »

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 10:05:58 PM »
G'day ITSATD,

To MySwag,
What you be able to modify something like what is in this thread?
Motorbike trailer come camper, Just a thought. I reckon there is potential to modify this for a few different needs.
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Happy & Safe travels.
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:35:13 AM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »
Hi and welcome to My Swag

:cheers: bubba
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback