Author Topic: Thanks for the hospitality  (Read 6217 times)

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Thanks for the hospitality
« on: July 31, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
Well, my Fraser trip is over and the trek back to Sydney is in progress.

Laith and I are so glad we made the effort to get up there and meet everyone, what a terrific crew. Very hospitable and lots of fun.

I'll be trying to bring my family up for the next QLD meet for sure.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Thanks for the hospitality
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »
What a cracking few days.

We had an absolute ball and really appreciate all the work that Yogi and Booboo, and everyone else,  had put in.  :cup: effort.

Cheers Nomad  :cheers:

Offline bullfrog

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 06:30:48 PM »
Thanks for the visit on the way up to Fraser mate, it was great to catch up again. Hope the big fella behaved for you  >:D >:D. How are you 2 traveling today ?? :cheers:
GQ 4.2d;usual off road goodies;h/made fridge slide /roller draw system;cago barriersetc. Tows a '06 trackabout deluxe tourer with some safari options.

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Thanks for the hospitality
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 07:21:37 PM »
It was great to catch up Bullfrog, and with Hairs as well.

I've been to MySwag camps in NSW, Vic, SA and now QLD, and every time I meet such fantastic people. People I'll look forward to catching up with again.

Couldn't believe all the Queenslandera were so rugged up. I didn't know they even sold beanies north of the border :D

And I know this will come out from everyone, but the generosity of those who donated to the ongoing raffle was amazing, and well appreciated and supported by the attending members. I hope a few of my numbers come out over the next few nights, there is some terrific prizes.

Yogi & Booboo deserve mentions on Australia Day for pulling it all together.
Julian

Offline nick 08

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 07:43:39 PM »
Hope you made it home alright Jules, nice to meet you and Laith as well and have a few  :cheers:
I can't believe you sitting in shirt and shorts at night  when my fridge monitor was showing 6 deg a few of the nights. We had the pigs cranking the last couple of nights cause the ranger couldn't make it up the beach, high tide was coming over the dunes last 2 nights. Dave and yogi camps got flooded last night.  :cup:

Nick
08 Triton GLX R with all the gear
Trackabout Deluxe tourer camper

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
Hope you made it home alright Jules, nice to meet you and Laith as well and have a few  :cheers:
I can't believe you sitting in shirt and shorts at night  when my fridge monitor was showing 6 deg a few of the nights. We had the pigs cranking the last couple of nights cause the ranger couldn't make it up the beach, high tide was coming over the dunes last 2 nights. Dave and yogi camps got flooded last night.  :cup:

Nick

Nick, thanks so much for your hospitality, very much enjoyed sharing your fire. Super impressed that you managed to get away with 1yo twins.

Wow, that is a big tide, can't believe that the Rangers weren't still driving through it  ;D, but that is good news.
Julian

Offline Rusty

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
Was a good trip thanks yogi and boo boo wish we could have stayed longer. Special thanks to boo boo for teaching the kids all about the dingos and jet crew for keeping his pants on this time
2018 200 series landcruiser
2021 Jayco silverline outback

Offline Blueroo

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »
Yep it sure was a great trip. It was great to meet Jules and Laith and thanks for coming up. It was a mighty effort. We look forward to seeing more of you guys and your families. Many many thanks to Yogi and Boo Boo for putting in such hard work to organise the event and keep us all from getting lost on the island during our trips.  :cup:
We met a lot of incredible swaggers, made new friends and we had a ball. Now for the big clean up and unpack. Pics to follow later.
Cheers
Stue and Jean

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 08:46:42 PM »
Great trip was had by all. We met some new friends and some old.  Caught up with some fellow New South Welshman, Big Jules and Laith.  Great to chat and have a few beers guys.  It was a pity you missed the last few days, but there is always next time. As everybody has said, Yogi and Boo Boo need to be congratulated for their effort in organising a great gathering.  Also all the swaggers who donated prizes for the event, should also be congratulated on their generosity.

http://frostysadventures.blogspot.com/

Offline paul4nat

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 12:42:53 PM »
Thanks you my swaggers for a truly awesome time at Fraser, we all had a ball and thank you to yogi and boo boo for all the preparation that went into it!! We will be back again and thank you all for making us feel so welcome

Nat
"The Bucket list just keeps on going, and going, and going"

Offline UTE 701

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • " QUEENSLANDER ! "
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 05:04:31 PM »
Sandy Creek was my first My Swag event and it was the best time ever ....  so it was a no-brainer to go on another as I had a fair idea on what great people the Swaggers are .

Fraser Fiasco '12 was a great week , and proved once again My Swaggers are the best bunch around .

We met some new people , made new friends , and caught up with old friends , and everyone was great .

Let me tell you that I had a problem , in my Rodeo lost it's electronic ability to engage 4wd . And within no time of coming home that day , a couple of people were in under my car having a look and getting their hands dirty . Then the offers to take my family along for the last two days trips came from everywhere . Then on the last day when I was still stuck in 2wd , Yogi towed my camper south past all the back tracks , so I would be ok . And then everyone was on hand and offering to help if I had problems at the barge . I even had text messages from Yogi later on asking if I got off the Island ok .

What a top bunch of people . :cup:

And thanks so much to Yogi & BooBoo for all they did . Great Work guys !

If I start talking about all the great things , we will be here for another hour ( or two ) !!!

And if anyone wants another stress ball .... just let me know ! ! !

So if anyone is sitting back thinking , I'm only new on here , I won't go along just yet ... Rubbish ! get along to what ever and which ever My Swag event you can ... You will have  a great time .

" OWZITGAARN ? "

Offline Trackabout Off Road Campers

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Trackabout Off Road Campers
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 08:51:45 AM »
What an awesome and relaxing week!! A huge thanks once again to Yogi and Amanda for all their efforts in organising the week.. Great to see Jules and Laith make it up from down south too! Looking forward to the next trip  :cheers: now back to hosing the salt water out of the Extenda....

www.trackabout.com.au

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Smarter than the average Bear
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 09:13:06 AM »
It was a really good turn out considering we had members from as far south as Sydney and as far north as Makay.

Look forward to heading south and hooking back up with BigJules, Laith and the rest of the recalcitrants down that way (yes you know who you are guy's .... Redback, Bullfrog ect ect) Oh and look out in the mail Julian for something specail form the raffle.

These meets are also great to help put faces to names so was nice to meet Niley, Blueroo, Trackabout Offroad Campers, Nomad, BigJules, Laith and "buewgone" ;D

yogi

(Spelling corrected I think)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:33:02 AM by yogi »

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 09:16:44 AM »

These meets are also great to help put faces to names so was nice to meet ... bBigJulies

Did I really seem like a girl?  ;D Was it the skirt I was wearing?
Julian

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Smarter than the average Bear
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »
Thanks not what you said after Laith went to bed :cup:

yogi

PS(Doh .... I never said I could spell)

Offline Niley

• Tent User
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 05:36:34 PM »
Thanks Yogi and Boo Boo for a great introduction to Fraser. Were already planning the next trip there!

Thanks to everyone who we meet and look forward to catching up at the next gathering.

Niley
Landcruiser Prado & ?????