General > Introductions

Lets talk about walk up trailers

(1/3) > >>

craigmelanie:
Gday all
Unfortunately our Tru blu ct will be on the market soon as my wife has recently had back surgery and can no longer get up to the bed unassisted, my solution at this point is to purchase a walk up style ct. The questions I have at this point--
(a) as the axle is set back about 400mm what increase to ball weight?
     Tru blu mount the spare wheel off the tailgate to counteract but still believe there would be an   increase
(b) durability and bellying out with the increased length between coupling and axle?
(c) How well dust sealed are the stairs?
(d) Is a hard floor ct a better option?
     Hopefully there are some people out there that can assist
     Please any advice greatly accepted as I am trying to avoid the dreaded Jayco!!!!!

darren:
G'Day Mate
 I have had a Jayco and now have a Kimberley. They both require a bit of effort to get on the bed. I woud suggest with either, you would need to come up with some sort of step. I can help ou on the other q's
 hope that helps

Beachman:
Both myself & my mate have the same brand CT except he has the staircase option and I don’t. If I could have afforded one I also would have preferred the stair option.

His trailer is 500mm longer than mine due to the stairs. I have my spare on the drawbar where the stair trailers have the spare behind the tailgate to help offset the trailer.

As for dust sealing he has a small door on the side of the trailer which he hasn’t had any problems to date.

davo69 and the Nurse:
I picked up a new Trackabout SV Extenda (this model has the walkway), and travelled from one side of Australia to the other, without any dust ingress through the seals especially on the drop down door (this forms the step).... but the vehicle towing the trailer leaked dust like no tomorrow, all over our furniture!

the Nurse

CRW:

--- Quote from: davo69 and the Nurse on November 23, 2010, 04:41:54 PM ---I picked up a new Trackabout SV Extenda (this model has the walkway), and travelled from one side of Australia to the other, without any dust ingress through the seals especially on the drop down door (this forms the step).... but the vehicle towing the trailer leaked dust like no tomorrow, all over our furniture!

the Nurse

--- End quote ---

Nissan isn't it >:D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version