General > Introductions

Holiday of a lifetime

(1/7) > >>

areyonga:
Hello fellow swaggers, I have been lurking around the site for a short time and find its an excellent forum for gaining experience and help from fellow travellers.  My wife and I have been caravaners for many years but with a large amount of long service leave and a yearning to go back and travel the red centre we have decided to sell the van and have just purchased a camper trailer and 4x4 and planning on a few short breaks around the local area before heading to the centre for 12 weeks early next year.  

We used to live in Alice Springs and travelled the centre extensively, and like many say, once you have been there its hard to get it out of you system.  So we are planning on about 11,000klm with about half being dirt ie Plenty Hwy, old Gunbarrel, Tanami Track and Oodnadatta Track to name the main ones.  

I will try and load some pics of my rig and trailer, which I hope will do the job without problems.  I also hope to meet other swaggers along the trek and it would be good to have some company on some of the tracks like toe old Gunbarrel but I expect its reasonable busy these days.  Will put some more info as time goes by.

Cheers
Wil

BigJules:
G'day & Welcome Will.

That's a good setup, can't go part a Cruiser.

areyonga:
I expect the cruiser will cost me for fuel but its a 2000 model petrol 4.5L and only done 120,000klm, its also on Lpg but still thirsty.  The upside is it was only used to run the kids to school by one owner and has never been off road, so I dont expect many mechanical issues, drives like a new car.

Wil

Paul and Bern:
 :D Welcome Wil and Wife.  Looks like a nice setup, hope you get to fulfill your dreams.  If you ever get bored don't forget to say hi to those of us left swagging it at home  :cheers: Paul

graylyn:
Hi Wil, and welcome to the forum.  I am from Mackay but I am presently sweating it out at Darwin in my Jayco Dove Outback, but on Tuesday I will be off to Daly Waters for 4-5 days, and then to Borroloola and King Ash Bay for 6-8 weeks fishing.

Cheers mate and happy travels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version