The Trader > Vehicle Classifieds

Hints on selling your vehicle.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Paul (SA):
I agree with your post McGirr. I have been looking for vehicles for a while now and with some of the photos and comments you just shake your head and think, "How do you expect someone to want to buy that!"

At least run it through a car wash if you are too lazy to detail it!

Marcus73:

--- Quote from: champin on September 30, 2014, 05:48:11 PM ---Why not?

--- End quote ---

Any type of silicone product on dashboards etc will eventually dry out the plastics rather than protect them as they'd like you to believe, a bit like the old tanning oils.
Other than that it gives a greasy, dust attracting finish. Also with majority of dashboards these days protruding further forward the shiny, greasy finish reflects quite badly on the windscreen when driving into the sun. There are much better non silicone products on the market which actually do what they say they will.

Sent from your iPad using Mental telepathy

Marcus73:
Being a detailer I quite often get told that it's not worth spending the money to have a professional do it and I'm sure when the yards give appraisals on used vehicles they totally agree. Much better for them to have it done and make all that extra money for themselves.

Marcus73:

--- Quote from: Marcus73 on September 30, 2014, 08:43:30 PM ---Any type of silicone product on dashboards etc will eventually dry out the plastics rather than protect them as they'd like you to believe, a bit like the old tanning oils.
Other than that it gives a greasy, dust attracting finish. Also with majority of dashboards these days protruding further forward the shiny, greasy finish reflects quite badly on the windscreen when driving into the sun. There are much better non silicone products on the market which actually do what they say they will.

Not having a dig at McGirr's post at all here and realise that more often than not Armourall is often just a term used due to clever marketing.

--- End quote ---

McGirr:

--- Quote from: Marcus73 on September 30, 2014, 08:54:22 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Mate all good, it's the only thing I could spell  ;D

The idea of the thread was to assist people selling. Buyers expectations will always vary.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version