Author Topic: Career change time?  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Career change time?
« on: August 16, 2018, 03:00:50 PM »
Wheres Speewa

'True Aussie icon': Birdsville Hotel listed for sale after 40 years

One of Australia's most beloved outback pubs is for sale for the first time in 40 years.

The 134-year-old Birdsville Hotel was purchased by its current owners Kym Fort and David Brook in 1980 and refurbished, becoming an award-winning tourism destination.

The Birdsville Hotel was built in the 1800s and has operated ever since.

The sandstone walls hold plenty of history and the hotel is known as the centre of a town more than 1600 kilometres from Brisbane.

First built by William Blair, the pub became part of the town's heritage on the old droving tracks at the edge of the Simpson Desert.

The hotel is listed for sale by expressions of interest until the end of September, with the sale including the liquor licence, intellectual property, business name, equipment and stock in trade.

The property also includes two detached residences, an industrial block and an aviation fuel supply business.

Knight Frank's Guy Bennett said the listing of the "true Aussie icon" was expected to attract international interest  :-[.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/true-aussie-icon-birdsville-hotel-listed-for-sale-after-40-years-20180816-p4zxrb.html
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:34:56 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
Re: Career change time?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 03:34:45 PM »
Dick to the rescue..
hows the cans on the road LMAO!!!!!!!!

One of Australia’s most iconic pubs, the Birdsville Hotel, is up for sale – and entrepreneur Dick Smith is considering putting in an offer.

The beautiful sandstone pub, building in 1884 on the edge of the Simpson Desert, 1600 kilometres from Brisbane, is legendary as a symbol of the outback and is a focal point of one of the country’s most celebrated race meets every year, the Birdsville Races.

“I love the pub, even though I don’t drink, but it’s a wonderful place and I love Birdsville,” said Mr Smith, who most famously owned the hotel for one day in 1979 when his offer to buy it was accepted, only for the building to burn down the next day. He then rescinded the contract.

“I don’t know much about pubs, but I’ll be talking to my friend Singo [businessman John Singleton] who does and, although it’ll depend on the price, I’d love us to buy it.

“It would be such a disappointment if it didn’t sell to an Australian. It doesn’t bear thinking about if it was bought from China.”

The Birdsville Hotel, after the annual race meeting. The heritage-listed hotel was built bout 1884. Photo: Fairfax Media

Mr Smith paid $62,000 for the hotel back then and as little as 10 years ago there was speculation it was worth more than $5 million. Today’s agents, Darren Steele, director of Steele & Associates Hotel Brokers, and Guy Bennett from Knight Frank, however, refuse to disclose the price.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:36:16 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 04:22:49 PM »
Maybe they would start selling DICKINSCIDER  if he bought it
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 12:38:54 PM »
Dear customers and friends of the Kevington Hotel.

Due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to open the hotel in the foreseeable future.

However If there is anyone out there that would like the opportunity to operate their own business. We are prepared to lease the hotel to interested parties.

The successful applicant would have the opportunity to operate the iconic Kevington Hotel in a high tourist area on the banks of the stunning Goulburn river, lined with poplar trees and a gorgeous beer garden and mud pit for a campground..

If you think you are the person/persons that have the drive and ambition to operate the Kevington Hotel Please contact Wayne on (03) 57770543 or Bruce on 0400519670

https://www.facebook.com/kevingtonhotel/
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 07:21:25 PM »
Wheres Speewa
[                                        Been away  but am always there in sprit  .      :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 08:05:08 AM »
Quote from: speewa158
Been away  but am always there in sprit  .      :cheers:
Well the Kevington awaits... Then Skipworth for accommodation  for the swag get together.
Let us know when you've taken over :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline loanrangie

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 02:51:01 PM »
Well the Kevington awaits... Then Skipworth for accommodation  for the swag get together.
Let us know when you've taken over :D

Nah, you just roll down the hill at the back of the pub and into your swag.
MY08 TDV6 SE D3,
2003 Dingo Offroad Camper Trailer.
1974 Kombi microbus
1958 FC special sedan
1998 Triumph Daytona T595

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 03:01:20 PM »
Quote from: loanrangie
Nah, you just roll down the hill at the back of the pub and into your swag.
Woods Point has new owners .... again in last few weeks... lets see how it goes this time.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home