Author Topic: Clive Palmer  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Clive Palmer
« on: July 26, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »
We are getting inundated with adverts trying to tell us what a great bloke clive palmer is and how we should let him get QNI back up and running.  Some people have very short memories. Just proves  how stupid some people are..

Excerpt from 1 month ago..

In the past 24-hours, Clive Palmer has announced he will spend $100,000 in sponsorship deals in a bid to boost his popularity.

Palmer is seeking to sponsor North Queensland football club and other local sporting clubs but Member for Herbert in Townsville Cathy O’Toole says “it would be like rubbing salt in the wounds of former workers”.

“It’s outrageous,” she tells Ross Greenwood.

“Clive is trying to do everything he possibly can to get the community on side except do the one thing that he should and that’s pay those workers their entitlements.

“People in our community have very long memory, so they don’t forget easily the devastation that was caused by the collapse of Queensland Nickel and the ripple out affect into our community.

“If Clive wants to ingratiate himself into our community, he would be best advised to pay the former [Queensland Nickel] workers their entitlements.”

Clive Palmer’s elusive nephew Clive Mensink has also lost an appeal against two warrants issued to bring him to the federal court for questioning over the collapse of Queensland Nickel Refinery.

Mensink, who ran the refinery, disappeared overseas in June 2016.

Liquidators now allege he was running the company alongside Clive Palmer, despite Palmer not being allowed to run the refinery while he was in federal parliament.

They’re alleging Palmer acted as a shadow director, and have sought to freeze Palmer’s assets.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: Clive Palmer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »
Maybe there should be a united front from all concerned that are owed  and invite themselves to Clives place for a good old fashioned party, Where out of the apologetic mending of his ways he authorises full payment of monies owed ....
In return for not being the Party Pinata toy swinging from the nearest tree.  :D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 07:57:44 PM »
Sounds like a job, for Bob.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 08:21:43 PM »
Just a big fat grub
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 09:33:48 PM »
Another one that really doesn’t care who they hurt along the way
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 09:34:35 PM »
Just a big fat grub

Who happens to be rich and has no understanding on how to be an upstanding citizen .
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Merts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »
In return for not being the Party Pinata toy swinging from the nearest tree.  :D

You'd need a pretty substantial branch to swing Clive from.
Towing a a National Campers 'Hermit 10' hybrid with an MQ Triton. Previously towed an Outback Campers 'Sturt' softfloor. (PM me if you want to buy the Sturt!)

Offline MattNQ

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • The smartist formerly known as Skypig
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 02:16:33 PM »
I found the flurry of ads quite surprising and amusing. They must think we are goldfish.

He has not a skerrick of credibility or respect left in Townsville and yet the ads are pushing him as some sort of economic messiah. 

They talk of Clive pumping millions of his own money into the refinery......and yet he has not seen fit to use any of his own money to pay the workers what they were owed.   

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »
yeah, we have them down these parts too.

I reckon, it'll be part of a grand scheme to dodge some tax.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline KieranR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »
For the sake of Townsville, i hope the refinery gets up and running again, whether that be by Clive or some other company, people need to work, Townsville is a struggling community, the refinery provided jobs for many many people both directly and indirectly.

I worked at the refinery for 5 or  6 years, it gave me my start, but im so glad i left there over 10 years ago now

Refinery needs to re open
Clive needs to pay back his former employees their entitlements
they need plenty more good wet seasons
crime needs to be reduced as its out of control
real estate prices need to rebound so i can sell my place at bushland beach and forget about Townsville once and for all