Author Topic: ezimover jockey wheel  (Read 6859 times)

Offline jagfromaus

• Swag User
ezimover jockey wheel
« on: May 02, 2013, 06:59:18 PM »
Has anyone got one of these ratchet type jockey wheels on their CT? Are they a worthwhile upgrade?

Offline ehsc

• FIRE EARTH MOON STARS THATS LIVING
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • JUST DO IT
Re: ezimover jockey wheel
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »
Hi Jagfromaus

I use one just for putting the camper in and out of the shed I find with the handle its a bit easier to maneuver the camper where the room is a bit tight also the ratchet takes a bit of the effort out of pushing the camper up the slight hill into shed but only use the standard wheel when on the road hope info helps

:cheers: ehsc
2017 Isuxu D-max
2003 Jayco Freedom Outback

Offline heath74

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »
I tried one, but bought one of the very cheap ones, paid about $90 for it. it was no good, hard to describe but, the whole thing wouldnt stay in alignment when you put it under any real pressure. given i have to push mine uphill on grass, I was unable to do it by hand. I bought an electric  for about $300 and its excellent.

Offline Memem284

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:15:23 PM »
where did you get the $300 from?

Offline ehsc

• FIRE EARTH MOON STARS THATS LIVING
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • JUST DO IT
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »

:worthles:
x2  ehsc
2017 Isuxu D-max
2003 Jayco Freedom Outback

Offline baldheadedgit

• Hard Top Camper User
  • your shout.?.. I'll ave Arf.......!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »
He sold the CT to finance it  ;D

BHG

Poverty Pack.!

Offline heath74

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 08:31:48 PM »
this is the one.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-electric-mover-jockey-wheel-suit-caravan-boat-trailer-camper-/280769684389?pt=Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415f2d63a5

I've got this very model, but from a bricks and mortar shop in sandringham.

my application is about a 15m push, making a right angle turn, rising maybe 500mm over that distance, on thick kikuyu grass. also has to cross from concrete drive to grass to paved path back then grass. So its a pretty difficult little run that this wheel has to do.

certainly too hard for 1 man to push. So Im really happy with it.

Offline JB

• Soft Floor Camper User
ezimover jockey wheel
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »
I got one from Repco last year for under $100.  I only use it at home to get the Jayco Finch between the backyard and our  back lane.  They do a great job, but are pretty big and take up too much space to take away with me.   I have a separate swing up jockey wheel whilst away (i.e. two jockey wheel clamps - one on each side of the drawbar). 

Cheers

JB
NW Pajero - 'Kat'  The Canopy Camper

Marschy

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 09:19:21 AM »
I've got one on my EzyTrail.

The only issue I have with it is because the wheel axle is in line with the worm gear, when it is lowered down as far as it can go, it raises the height of the draw bar by a couple of inches more than a jockey wheel that has an offset axle.

When the jockey wheel is wound down as low as it will go, losing those couple of inches means I have to get the bottle jack out to swing the jockey wheel up after the trailer is connected to the car. The same thing happens in reverse when removing the trailer from the car, to get the jockey wheel to swing down, I have to jack the trailer up to get sufficient clearance.

Other than this inconvenience, it works a treat.

Cheers Marschy

Offline Just some guy

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 11:23:27 AM »
I've got one on my EzyTrail.

The only issue I have with it is because the wheel axle is in line with the worm gear, when it is lowered down as far as it can go, it raises the height of the draw bar by a couple of inches more than a jockey wheel that has an offset axle.

When the jockey wheel is wound down as low as it will go, losing those couple of inches means I have to get the bottle jack out to swing the jockey wheel up after the trailer is connected to the car. The same thing happens in reverse when removing the trailer from the car, to get the jockey wheel to swing down, I have to jack the trailer up to get sufficient clearance.

Other than this inconvenience, it works a treat.

Cheers Marschy

Gidday Marshy,

If it bothers you enough, you could bung another jockey wheel onto the other side of your draw bar.
Please keep in mind - I'm just some guy.  I don't know nothin about nothin!

Marschy

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »
That is a great idea, thanks

Offline Chippy76

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • :D
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 09:30:07 PM »
Jag

I have an ezimover on my CT that I was given by a friend. I would have to say it is much easier than the old Ark jockey wheel. I find it useful to align the hitch the small amount needed when lining it up with the car.  The downside it that it doesnt work very well on wet ground or grass. I have struggled a few times after rain to move it. My way around this is to place a piece of plywood under the wheel when I set up. Problem solved!

Cheers Chippy :D
"All ice is thin ...cross only when necessary" - Buck Tilton