Author Topic: Melbourne Leisurefest  (Read 951 times)

Offline Traveller

• Soft Floor Camper User
Melbourne Leisurefest
« on: October 06, 2022, 02:14:40 PM »
Just back from Sandown to have a look at Leisurefest. We went to have a look at all the gadgets more than vans, but had a good sticky at quite a few of them as well.

I was surprised that none of the big fourby accessory crowds turned up, ARB, TJM, OL, etc,  were missing, in fact there was obviously a conscious decision to split the 4x4 show and this one. In the past they crossed over a bit, particularly at this show. I don't like going to the 4x4 Show for various reasons, and really missed them today. One good thing is that at least it saved me from temptation and I came home with more money than I thought I would.

I would hate to turn up at this show with the thought of buying a new van without doing a heap of homework first. The number of new manufacturers is amazing, and of course they all look bling. The wife and I had a few good laughs at some of the concepts, but each to their own.

There were quite a few camper trailer crowds present with their latest and greatest, and I think the rain and wind due over the next few days should be a good test for prospective buyers.

Overall it wasn't too bad but certainly isn't the show it used to be.

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
Re: Melbourne Leisurefest
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 06:54:19 AM »
We went yesterday only because we thought it would be quiet , how wrong were we. Looked at a few hybrids and tear drops. Some of the welds I saw was sub standard, some had been hit with a grinder, cold welds,  etc.
We have always liked the track T4, but did see a new one added to our list, Urban Titanium.
Ultimate LC79 Combo