Author Topic: Thermomix  (Read 63230 times)

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
Thermomix
« on: March 10, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
i was just wondering does anybody have one ....and if you take it camping.....and how do you store it so it travels?
have you ever noticed, that whenever you run into a spiderweb, you turn into a ninja?!

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Thermomix
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
We've got one.  Well....my wife TOLD me we are buying one :(  No debate, no win...

But, really, after using it for a while it is brilliant!  We use it for heaps of stuff.

There is NO WAY we would take it camping.  Too much money to have stolen IMO.

Use it to pre prepare a lot of frozen food and then take that away.
You can't spell 'funeral' without 'fun', nor 'manslaughter' without 'laughter'

Offline Moto Mech

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
We done a trip last year with another couple who had one of these things, pretty much used it every day to do all their cooking. Pretty amazing machine except for one thing......it required the generator to run EVERY night :'(
ARB, the only gear for my Landcruiser 105
Red Earth Camper Trailer

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 06:15:20 PM »
Can anyone tell me what one of these things cost?

Thanks

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:24:46 PM »
You really don't want to know.  Really....

Truly you don't.....I didn't.....

.....just shut my eyes and handed over the......

....$1939 to my wife....

Happy wife, happy life......

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »
Faaaaark.

Not letting my Mrs anywhere near that website.

:cheers:
Nomad

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:36:27 AM »
Fun police ....they are brilliant little numbers and ....happy wife, happy life.... is an awesome motto.   :cup:

Moto Mech .... i hate that !!!! we went camping at the Fletcher (outside of charters towers) and a pair of old geezers run a generator to fill their pop top with air-con at night. i swear it sent my PMT through the roof ..and i guess it was a blessing that they were on the other side of the creek cause i reckon i was reaching a hormonal peak  >:D >:D >:D.

Nomad .... there is a spin off you know ...you get to eat like a king and it cleans out the kitchen cupboards of so many appliances, cause you only need the one. (oh and they make perfect alcoholic fruit slushies).....and my theory is "how much did those mags cost? or what about the winch, or that evacool, or a 2in lift kit with those 33 in muddies accompanied by those "oh so necessary diff locks" lets add up the average list of boys toys and compare them to the thermo .....(((is my plea case starting to look good yet???)))  :cheers:

have you ever noticed, that whenever you run into a spiderweb, you turn into a ninja?!

Offline kiva

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 11:58:17 AM »
Yep, we have one. Happy Wife, Happy Life ... and all that.

Honestly though, the Mrs thinks it is brilliant.

LandCruiser GXL 105 Series. Complete Campsite Exodus 14.

Offline Trackaprado

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 12:43:29 PM »
There is a cheaper version called the Thermochef, only around $800

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
Thermomix
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »
Tried that avenue. Was told "I'm not buying the Chinese copy"

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 03:49:20 PM »
Hey Phatass,

I think you are perfectly justified to go and purchase it. Sounds like you'll need a Honda or Yamaha 2kw gennie to go with it also.

Don't worry about telling Barra about buying either, he wont mind................

Cheers
Nomad
 ;D

Offline Kevo

• Sleeping Bag User
Thermomix
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 04:06:12 PM »
My wife bought one, I nearly had a heart attack at the price, but I've been eating like a king ever since so I've gotten over it. Wouldnt take it camping though, too expensive to risk it.

Enjoy! 

liney

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 04:41:51 PM »
My wife bought one, I nearly had a heart attack at the price, but I've been eating like a king ever since so I've gotten over it. Wouldnt take it camping though, too expensive to risk it.

Enjoy! 

My sentiments exactly- felt like my b^%@$ were squashed but noe eat like a king and every meal is like master chef TV lol.

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »
Hey Phatass,

I think you are perfectly justified to go and purchase it. Sounds like you'll need a Honda or Yamaha 2kw gennie to go with it also.

Don't worry about telling Barra about buying either, he wont mind................

Cheers
Nomad
 ;D

yeah that is what i am afraid of ... i am not really interested in running a gennie cause i reckon it wrecks the whole serenity of camping... so i was wondering if there is some sort of converter that would work ....but i don't want to guinea pig with mine ... i was hoping maybe someone out there had a solution ...... and how i got mine  --   i just mentioned thermo, the price and celibacy all in one sentence, Barty was writing the check and shoving it my hand. win win i reckon (i get the thermo ..and he gets fed like a king)

FUN POLICE ... i for got to say i like the idea about prepping and freezing before camping trip

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »
My sister sells them in Townsville, they're bloody brilliant.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline two+four

• Tent User
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 09:18:12 PM »
My sister sells them in Townsville, they're bloody brilliant.

Will she do a my swag discount :) we are thinking of getting one
2008 V6 GXL Prado slightly modified. WA made Tuart Camper

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 12:33:28 AM »
yeah that is what i am afraid of ... i am not really interested in running a gennie cause i reckon it wrecks the whole serenity of camping... so i was wondering if there is some sort of converter that would work ....but i don't want to guinea pig with mine ... i was hoping maybe someone out there had a solution ...... and how i got mine  --   i just mentioned thermo, the price and celibacy all in one sentence, Barty was writing the check and shoving it my hand. win win i reckon (i get the thermo ..and he gets fed like a king)

Now I know for sure that they take you females aside at school sometime and tell you EXACTLY how to manipulate your husbands in the future.  That damned word celibacy comes up every time my wife wants something.....it is simply not fair.  Females do not need to learn that word until they are 65, except of course my grandkids and nieces, they can learn it when they learn to speak.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline Jaashjr

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 10:06:14 AM »
Big Jules, it's a small world, my Sister in Law sells them in Rockhampton!! She never stops going on about them.  I agree they are great and boy they must make some $$$$ from selling them, so far she has been sent to Dubai and Hawaii for conferences, all at Thermomixes expense.

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »

I will ask her.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline kiva

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »
Big Jules / Jaashjr - Is there any chance you could find out where (and how much) to obtain a replacement clear cover that sits in the top hole to stop food escaping? I failed to notice that the "hole filler" was resting inside the blender and when I turned the machine on, the clear cover ended up somewhat dice up  :'(  The Mrs wasn't impressed, so I would like to track down a replacement.

Any help appreciated!

LandCruiser GXL 105 Series. Complete Campsite Exodus 14.

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »
Tjupurula... you ever heard of secret womens business ?  :cheers: we just are not allow to chat about those sorts of tips 'n' tricks !!!

you will not regret it ..... i no longer buy mince .... i make my own ...all types and it is just so yummy and flavoursome but anyway i could rave on and on

Big Jules / Jaashjr - Is there any chance you could find out where (and how much) to obtain a replacement clear cover that sits in the top hole to stop food escaping? I failed to notice that the "hole filler" was resting inside the blender and when I turned the machine on, the clear cover ended up somewhat dice up  :'(  The Mrs wasn't impressed, so I would like to track down a replacement.

Any help appreciated!

O M G ..... now that is sticking your head into the deep end there Kiva..... i hope you get a replacement sooner than later  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
Thermomix
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 09:57:49 PM »
We've had home made butter chicken from scratch two nights in a row.

Takes 20min and is as good as an Indian restaurant.

As was said earlier, "chef" style meals all the time now.

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »
Tjupurula... you ever heard of secret womens business ?  :cheers: we just are not allow to chat about those sorts of tips 'n' tricks !!!

Not allowed to chat about them, secret business should remain a secret, and never be used......that's what I reckon.
Tjupurula

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 11:14:48 PM »
I failed to notice that the "hole filler" was resting inside the blender and when I turned the machine on, the clear cover ended up somewhat dice up  :'(  The Mrs wasn't impressed, so I would like to track down a replacement.

Any help appreciated!

Geeezuz Kiva................ You broke your Mrs's Thermomix, and you're still breathing.................. Are you like a self defence master or something?.... Or are you just really fast at running and really good at hiding??? :laugh:
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 11:47:39 PM »
Is someone going to post a picture of these thermomix contraptions at some stage.  Be nice to know what some poor buggers have been forking out an arm and a leg for.  Yes I googled it, and came up empty.
Tjupurula
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:23:11 AM by Tjupurula »