Author Topic: ARB Fridges  (Read 12787 times)

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
Re: ARB Fridges
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 09:04:24 PM »
Yes it may be plastic however, from what I have seen of them it is very durable when compared to other plastic lids that are used on fridges.  

Also I had a Waeco fridge for a number of years and I used to sit on it, stand on it (given I am vertically challenged  :laugh:) and it never warped or suffered from ill effects.  

The only down side of the Waeco plastic lid was that the nodules that hinged the lid were flimsy and broke off, this issue however, is not of concern with the ARB design and in fact is a better hinged lid IMO then the Engle Fridge (which I now own).

So in short the issues with the lid warping may or may not occur with the ARB model.

:cheers:

Thank-you...

Also I had a Waeco fridge for a number of years and I used to sit on it, stand on it (given I am vertically challenged  ) and it never warped or suffered from ill effects. 

I didn't want to take this off track but I going crazy her and have started injecting stuff to calm down. We also stand on the plastic constructed fridges. While I have Waecos I have seen plenty of well loved ARB fridges, I think they are both really good and it's almost down to the best special on the day these day IMO.They have some very good designs. The compressor is great (Dainfross as you all know) and they perform really well. I'm not sure if the ARB use the variable motor speed stuff but it will use a bit of juice while getting those beers to -1c
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline LC

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: ARB Fridges
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 09:18:46 PM »
We have a waeco that has been running almost non-stop for the last three years, it has survived corrugations in central australia and the cape as well as numerous trips to the beach. Couldn't be happier with it. Our neighbours have a ARB, it is also well travelled and has not had any problems.

As Steve has said its probably almost down to which one is the cheapest on the day and whether you want one that has a side opening lid (which can be swapped from one side to the other), or one that has lid that opens from the end.
MY 2016 200 series Sahara
2016 Lifestyle Reconn