Author Topic: Mitsubishi Replacement Key  (Read 3427 times)

Racer

Mitsubishi Replacement Key
« on: December 12, 2010, 04:41:55 PM »
A little off topic, I have lost one of my genuine Mitsubishi keys for my Triton. The key controls the central locking..I anticipate to contact the local dealer during business hours about costings  :'( but I thought someone on myswag will know the deal....cost, anywhere else to go?

Offline jimsiron

• Swag User
  • 2010 Challenger LS manual, 2011 Discovery OB
Re: Mitsubishi Replacement Key
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »
I priced a spare key for our new challenger from a key cutting shop and was told $170, I would expect the dealer to be dearer!
regards
Jimsiron

Offline morgue

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Mitsubishi Replacement Key
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 07:08:41 PM »
Taking this off topic, but adding to this rip off by the car manufacturers, a friend needed his HSV Maloo key replaced, $1500.00, a basic VE Commodore...$800.00, with Merc...depending on model, from $1500.00 to $3000.00. Ferrari...you are looking at $6000.00 as a base price.

Now these costs are for the key and the electronice security keyless mechanism that is attached to the key, for with some manufacturers, you buy the key body(electronic bit) and the key(metal bit) all in one piece, for you can not seperate. There are others that can be seperated, but be aware there are security coding costs as well to include in the replacement.

So, the bottom line, don't key your keys wet and look after them like gold...