Author Topic: Who leaves their soft floor annex roof on when packing up?  (Read 10614 times)

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
Re: Who leaves their soft floor annex roof on when packing up?
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »
We do, sometimes. Depends on if we need it straight away at the next stop/trip. If yes, it stays on. If it's not going anywhere for a bit, or we don't know what the next stop/trip is, then it comes off and is folded up, and sits atop the folded-down tent under the cover..

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »
Yep left on the trackie full time , just use the longer main annex pole to help flip it off the roof. For the amount of time it takes to set up we wouldn't be without it!

:cheers:

Disco teddy.
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Who leaves their soft floor annex roof on when packing up?
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »
I found I could also leave on the kitchen end wall but packing it was then a bit harder. Not too tough, but not easy peasy.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »
We've left ours on, but the weight of it becomes a bit much for wifey, so in future we'll be unzipping it separately.
You can't spell 'funeral' without 'fun', nor 'manslaughter' without 'laughter'

Offline Chriso100

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 08:20:48 AM »
We currently take ours on and off....but this Easter when we pack up from Cobram, I might try this idea of leaving it on.  I have a lot of stuff on top of our tent when it is packed up, solar panel, walls, ground sheets and bedding inside the tent etc.  anyway I'll give ths new idea a run!
Chris

Offline rossow

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 10:01:02 AM »
We used to, but we started doing more 1 or 2 night camps instead of 3 - 4 nights so we now dont put the roof on at all.  If we put it on we usually leave it on, but then if we are only doing a 1 nighter, we usually zip it off and pack it away.

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »
We leave ours on and on our last trip also left our storm cover on too which ours is a sort of tent fly material made it a little bit heavier but still managable and then it was there for next set up I think we will stick with doing this. The other things that we have under the trailer cover are our waffle mats for under tent floor, the side walls, ladder, our 2 chairs and still on bed the drifta table and back rest even with bedding on can still fit cover on over the top.

We've left ours on, but the weight of it becomes a bit much for wifey, so in future we'll be unzipping it separately.

Depends what sort it is I guess but I am not very tall I use one of the awning poles to help lift it over and we usually do ok this way. :cheers:

Offline haywas

• Swag User
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »
Hey Nick, I would love to her how you go with the annex sides on.  I have thought about the same thing but haven't tried it. Steve
Steve

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Offline chriso57

• Swag User
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 09:22:36 AM »
Hey faulky, did your Austrack come with the annex roof already fitted to the main tent? I'm just unpacking my new one to make sure everything is there and can't see the annex roof separate (I can't fold the whole thing out yet as its not on the trailer)

Yep pretty sure mine did.

Chriso
2012 D4D Prado towing
Custom built 7x4 Soft floor

Offline faulky

• Swag User
  • nissan navara and austrack camper
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 01:17:26 AM »
Hey faulky, did your Austrack come with the annex roof already fitted to the main tent? I'm just unpacking my new one to make sure everything is there and can't see the annex roof separate (I can't fold the whole thing out yet as its not on the trailer)

Hey grafy82

Um I. Think from memory it came separate and i had to put the annex on the first time I used it then pulled it it of then from then on I left it on . Then I brought the roof cover that goes over the main tent and the annex .

I have since brought the extra annex aswell but have only used it once and there is heaps of room with them both set up .

I see your from Townsville if you like to come have a look at the  camper set up drop me a line and we can organise for you to come have a look .

Cheers faulky
EVERY THING HAPPENS FOR A REASON !

Offline Camping Grant

• The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Such Is Life
    • Grant & Kerryn's Camping Adventures
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 06:03:38 AM »
I do. I fold it back over the main roof & pack it away as one unit.
Heap easier than taking it on & off.
Cheers, Mike.

X2. Mine came with it attached (by zip and Velcro), and I've never taken it off. Its too easy to leave it on.

Cheers
Grant

Offline pooky

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »
We have a annex front and back. We fold over the hoops onto the bed  then with the annexes folds to match the main roof pull the front and back annexes over the trailer. Also have just put a sun roof on and folds up easily with the main roof area. We have found that if it is packed up neatly without a lot of creases it still sits flat enough to fit under the transit cover with extras on top.

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »
All I can say is thanks for this thread because we tried this in Dubbo and left the annexe roof and solar blanket on and it worked a treat and cut down setup time by a fair bit!
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

Offline MarkUnit

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
Yep, ours has been zipped & velcro'd on as long as we've had our camper (4yrs). Nil issues so far.

Offline Ynot

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Tony. Prado 150 GXL, Coromal 632RTP
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »
Just goes to show, i felt a bit silly when i first posted this thread but the response has been amazing and it looks like a few others have got some value too!

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?  (Homer J Simpson).

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 08:15:24 PM »
Just goes to show, i felt a bit silly when i first posted this thread but the response has been amazing and it looks like a few others have got some value too!

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think there are too many silly questions epsecially if your camper is new to you, I read posts all the time that have info in them that is useful to me and so many great ideas on here

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 09:06:18 PM »
I zipped the annexe roof on my Tracky the day i bought it....... and have never unzipped it, just fold it back over the tent when packing up........ no trouble. :cheers:
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!