Author Topic: Long time stalker, first time writer  (Read 5315 times)

Offline foxbat

• Learning the Ropes
Long time stalker, first time writer
« on: October 16, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »
Hi all,
My wife and I have been wanting either a caravan or camper trailer for a while now but had never got around to taking the plunge. .......well we finally did it!
Have purchased a new Isuzu Mu-x 4WD and ordered a camper trailer called the Jellybean. It's made by a company in Newcastle, NSW by the name of Opalite and is similar in size etc to Jayco Swan and the like. We pick it up next week and my wife already has wonderful ideas on how to turn it into our home away from home!

As we use it and find little things we would like to change, there's no doubt that I will be perusing this forum for the great ideas that others have done on their trailers.

If you're interested the link to the camper is http://www.opalite.com.au/camper-trailers/

We have already added quite a few mods to the Mu-x in preparation for our travels and are now shaking with excitement to get the camper and go exploring!

David

Offline discomac

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Long time stalker, first time writer
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 02:50:28 PM »
Hi David and welcome. I just joined yesterday and am a few weeks away from being a first time pop up camper owner! We ordered a Swan a while ago. I've never heard of this one and it looks great! How does it compare price wise to the Swan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline foxbat

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 03:12:47 PM »
Hi Discomac,

We are getting one they had in the yard as we didn't want to wait too long and is a few k cheaper than the Jayco offerings. That includes water, electric pump, battery and 12/240v setup, all flys and annex. We were looking at Jaycos for a while but this one is just that little bit different and just 'spoke' to my wife and I. We had a very good look at it and had a go at putting it up etc and is extremely easy, especially pulling the bed ends out. We needed ease of use as my back is kaput and if I had troubles it's nice and easy for my wife to do.

I bet you're like me and just chomping on the bit waiting for yours to arrive!  ;D

David

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »
G'day and welcome David.
Congrats on the new camper and the awesome Isuzu. :cup:

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline JungleJohn

• Swag User
  • Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 04:16:39 PM »
Congrat's on the Isuzu, If I replace my 100 series, it will be an Isuzu Mu X also. Your CT looks good mate, I am a bit worried about the tires though. If it was me I would change them out but that's me, they might suit the places your going to. Most importantly get out and use them both, Aussie outback is great!! :cheers:
100 Series Sahara, all the ARB gear.
Supreme 1660 Territory Executive Caravan
The following users thanked this post: foxbat

Offline foxbat

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 04:31:02 PM »
Congrat's on the Isuzu, If I replace my 100 series, it will be an Isuzu Mu X also. Your CT looks good mate, I am a bit worried about the tires though. If it was me I would change them out but that's me, they might suit the places your going to. Most importantly get out and use them both, Aussie outback is great!! :cheers:

Thanks mate,

I've already got my mechanic lined up to swap the the wheels and hubs on the camper to match the Mux. That will be done as soon as I get her home. It will also add more ground clearance too.

Sol and JungleJohn,

I absolutely love my Isuzu. Great vehicle to drive and very comfy. I had a few mods done to it, these include, long range tank, suspension lift, wheels and tyres, colour matched bullbar, winch, drawers, second battery and inverter, fridge, drop down slide, lights etc etc. she's and absolute beast of a car and goes anywhere. Did a few thousand ks around Victoria not too long ago and only used 10L per 100kms.

KingBilly

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 05:32:23 PM »
Welcome to myswag.  Congrats on the Jellybean.  Looks great in the weblink.

Yep, those Isuzus are good gear  :D

Happy camping
KB

Offline discomac

• Learning the Ropes
Long time stalker, first time writer
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »
Hi Discomac,

We are getting one they had in the yard as we didn't want to wait too long and is a few k cheaper than the Jayco offerings. That includes water, electric pump, battery and 12/240v setup, all flys and annex. We were looking at Jaycos for a while but this one is just that little bit different and just 'spoke' to my wife and I. We had a very good look at it and had a go at putting it up etc and is extremely easy, especially pulling the bed ends out. We needed ease of use as my back is kaput and if I had troubles it's nice and easy for my wife to do.

I bet you're like me and just chomping on the bit waiting for yours to arrive!  ;D

David

Sounds great! I wish we'd had a look at those.
Yes, we are very very impatiently awaiting its arrival!

Offline foxbat

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 07:16:36 PM »
Mate, i reckon the right decision is whatever makes the wife happy! Lol

Seriously though at the end of the day, we all have different needs and likes and the right decision is whatever you decide on and end up getting. 😊

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline discomac

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
I AM the wife! Lol!
I'm confident we've made the right decision...I think if we had looked at many more vans my head might have exploded!

Offline foxbat

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »
I AM the wife! Lol!
I'm confident we've made the right decision...I think if we had looked at many more vans my head might have exploded!

Whoops, sorry about that. I certainly didn't mean anything by it. Emma, my wife, is always saying I put my foot in it somehow! 

I know what you mean about head exploding! We looked at that many it got very confusing towards the end. It just happened that when we both saw the Jellybean we both felt the connection with it so we decided that that would do.

David

Offline discomac

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 06:53:07 AM »
Haha, no drama. It's probably safe to assume that most members here are male!

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 06:55:58 AM »
That's a good looking camper guys, congrats :cup:

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 10:54:49 AM »
Welcome Dave we look forward to seeing some pics when your new toys arrive. 
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 11:33:10 AM »
Welcome to MySwag, great looking camper, keep us updated on its travels

GG

Offline foxbat

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 12:00:28 PM »
Hi all, was going to be picking it up on Thursday but ive had to have a small back op yesterday so thats thrown this week out. Sooo, using the extra time, i just rang them and asked for another water tank and a couple of other goodies added to it. Will now pick up next week.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk