Author Topic: Aire River West campground  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Homerj

• Sleeping Bag User
Aire River West campground
« on: February 23, 2015, 10:18:24 PM »
Really nice campground spoiled by mouthbreathing ferals.  I stayed there on the weekend with my missus and after arriving on Friday night and sharing a fire with people at the site next to us, Saturday went downhill when the place filled up a bit more with two groups deciding they were going to party.  It started in the afternoon with the music which we could tolerate given it was daylight and we could go elsewhere to avoid it, but at 3am I decided the music, yelling and swearing should probably stop.  I made my opinion pretty clear and to my surprise the music was turned off and nearly all of them went quiet.  I think I'm like a lot of people and have avoided national parks since the rise in prices but the girlfriend wanted to go to Blanket Bay which was booked out. The weekend reminded me why I avoid the easily accessible places and I'm still steaming about paying $75 dollars to stay there.  If I was in a caravan park I could've left it to the manager to deal with them and they might've got kicked out.  This could probably have gone in the Daily Rant thread but I'd like to know what others think about Parks Victoria's fees, because I don't think we're getting value for the money they charge to camp in most national parks now and in most cases I don't like the caravan park option.  I'm also unhappy because the b@#$*&^%s got out of bed before me and my plan to make a heap of noise was foiled. 
2005 Pajero with a few bits and pieces.

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
Re: Aire River West campground
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:12:41 AM »
We had a forum meet there a couple of years ago and it was pretty busy but we scored a spot way from others which was good before the fees were introduced. Great area but $75 for a weekend sounds pretty steep to me ???
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....