Poll

Who will win this years series???

Queensland
83 (76.9%)
New South Wales
25 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Author Topic: Origin 2012  (Read 50970 times)

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Origin 2012
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 07:22:09 AM »
I think this says it all.......
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline Rod Camping

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2009 Lifestyle Extenda-2011 Nissan Patrol ST Wagon
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2012, 07:32:18 AM »
There is a noticable lack NSW supporters on here.

i love the fact the NSW players are blaming the refs instead of the dropped ball and bad decisions made during the game, like going for a penalty goal they missed instead of applying pressure and most likely scoring. they had Qld going backwards at the time and even Ricky showed it was a stupid call....lol
Jennings deserved 10 minutes, it was a grub act and anyone who says it wasn't needs to have a hard look at themselves IMHO, saying it's ok because it's Origin is B.S...... a grub act is a grub act. Farah instinctively threw his foot out to stop the try, it's the reason the ball was dislodged and if he didn't do it GI would have scored anyway. did it go forward off Farahs foot, yes....but if he'd stripped the ball by hand and it did that we get the ball and it'd be ok, so how's the foot differant?

When the video ref looks at a reply that many time he is looking for a reason to award the try. That has been a knock on since 1908 to quote the great Peter Sterling and Jennings sin binning was dispicable. How can some be sin binned for being the third man in when there was already 5 QLD there, 3 of which had already thrown punches.

Also the dangerous lift tackle that was given against Greg Bird in the first half whaen NSW was all over QLD, then in the 2nd half he gets lifted and slammed on his back just the same way he did the QLDer and wait no penalty, not only that he lands on his neck which forced him from the field. So now whose was more dangerous.

Congrats to QLD for winning the game, however the game is in a bad way if this is the best they can do with the referees. If they had game like that in the NRL they would be dropped to NSW or QLD cup.

Disclaimer. I am from NSW. I only watch 3 games of rugby league a year, having said that I played for NSW school boys and had a contract with the now defunct gold coast giants. I live in Townsville. Rubgy Union isnt quite as bad I will watch super rugby. Football, (soccer) is the game I now play and support.

Offline Big Nath

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 07:38:35 AM »
There is a noticable lack NSW supporters on here.

When the video ref looks at a reply that many time he is looking for a reason to award the try. That has been a knock on since 1908 to quote the great Peter Sterling and Jennings sin binning was dispicable. How can some be sin binned for being the third man in when there was already 5 QLD there, 3 of which had already thrown punches.

Also the dangerous lift tackle that was given against Greg Bird in the first half whaen NSW was all over QLD, then in the 2nd half he gets lifted and slammed on his back just the same way he did the QLDer and wait no penalty, not only that he lands on his neck which forced him from the field. So now whose was more dangerous.

Congrats to QLD for winning the game, however the game is in a bad way if this is the best they can do with the referees. If they had game like that in the NRL they would be dropped to NSW or QLD cup.

Disclaimer. I am from NSW. I only watch 3 games of rugby league a year, having said that I played for NSW school boys and had a contract with the now defunct gold coast giants. I live in Townsville. Rubgy Union isnt quite as bad I will watch super rugby. Football, (soccer) is the game I now play and support.

All of that plus the fact cooper cronk went out of his way several times (as did a few of the QLDers) to impede the blokes contesting for the ball in kicks. As a NSWelshman im sick of the double standards involved with origin. Third man thiadog has been "thirdman" in to all the fights in history, yet NSW do it its a send off.......Not Happy. Rant over :-)

Cheers!!
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline markbos

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 07:45:07 AM »
my 2 cents worth Rugby Union is looking very good NRL has lost me .

X2

Until the referees improve!

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 07:49:06 AM »
All I'm hearing from NSW supporters is wah, wah, wah.......

Fact: Farrah played at the ball with is boot and dislodged the ball which he can do even with more than one in the tackle as Inglis was in the process of scoring a try. Yes, the ball went forward due to the strip but it is still play on as the ball was stripped by NSW. Pretty simple if you know the rules........

Fact: Jennings ran 20mtrs to throw a hay maker over an incident Bird started on Scott and then NSW cry foul.......You have got to be joking........
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 07:53:58 AM »

It was a good game and NSW had some great opportunities but you can blame the ref and everything else but that's the way games happen. Its easy to analyse after the fact but taking a shot at goal with qld on the back foot was a bad decision.

I hope NSW win the second game so I can watch the decider at Archer River at the Cape like last year.

Mark

Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
my 2 cents worth Rugby Union is looking very good NRL has lost me .

Yep, it has always been the better game, go the Tahs, well maybe next year 8)

Go the mighty Woods :cup:

I'm sorry but the NRL lost me with the Super Leage debachle and the fact that money means more than the game >:D

Baz.
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline Big Nath

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »
All I'm hearing from NSW supporters is wah, wah, wah.......

Fact: Farrah played at the ball with is boot and dislodged the ball which he can do even with more than one in the tackle as Inglis was in the process of scoring a try. Yes, the ball went forward due to the strip but it is still play on as the ball was stripped by NSW. Pretty simple if you know the rules........

Fact: Jennings ran 20mtrs to throw a hay maker over an incident Bird started on Scott and then NSW cry foul.......You have got to be joking........

watch it in normal speed, didnt strike at ball. Billy slater does that weekly.

I dont care if he run from Sydney, if its good enough for thiaday to run in why cant we??

Fact. there were already 5 QLD blokes there before Jennings run in to give NSW 3 Blokes there...

Cheers!!

Offline Teabag

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »
watch it in normal speed, didnt strike at ball. Billy slater does that weekly.

I dont care if he run from Sydney, if its good enough for thiaday to run in why cant we??

Fact. there were already 5 QLD blokes there before Jennings run in to give NSW 3 Blokes there...

Cheers!!

Boohoo.........

In patches, NSW played some great aggressive football, especially the first 20mins. I think NSW confuse the aggressiveness with being a grub at times. Hayne and his punch to the head of Thurstons was another NSW grubby act so I find it humerous NSW commenting on Thiaday who did nothing wrong last night......RAIFOL
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:22:25 AM by Teabag »
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2012, 08:16:42 AM »
Disappointed that poor refereeing once again changed the momentum of the game.
 >:(

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline cardinal28

• Tent User
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2012, 08:26:08 AM »
cry cry cry - qld 6 1/3 series wins - heading for 7!!! :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
Growing old is inevitable - growing up is optional.

Offline BrindiCruiser

• Soft Floor Camper User
Origin 2012
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:03 AM »
Two good Qld tries made them a worthy winner. NSW tries not that impressive just a typical league lottery tries from kicks.
2010 Kia Sorrento, 2013 Outback Swan

Offline markbos

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 08:47:44 AM »

Not sure on the length of the suspension Thaiday got for his stupidity. But it was at least 2 weeks.  Will Jennings also get a suspension?

As a Qlder I'll now duck for cover  :cheers:  still reckon the refereeing was pathetic but it was nice to see it wasn't against the Broncos for a change.

Hope my camouflage gear works.  >:D

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 08:50:14 AM »
I thought the referees were spot on in their work last night. Gutsy calls but correct. They had a great game and had no influence on who was the deserved winner.

Well done Qld. Just too good again.
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 09:40:11 AM »

Classic  ;D

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

Offline dooguss

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Prado Power
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 09:58:15 AM »
Pmsl I love the way all you rugby league fans bag out your team, your ref,and your game and that's why AFL is head and shoulders above league IMO. Good to see the best team won again don't get upset it's just a game  ;D ;D
2006 Toyota Prado
2014 Stoney creek rear fold.

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 10:03:33 AM »
Pmsl I love the way all you rugby league fans bag out your team, your ref,and your game and that's why AFL is head and shoulders above league IMO. Good to see the best team won again don't get upset it's just a game  ;D ;D

A GAME !!! ITS NOT A GAME !!!   ITS WAR !!!!  ;D ;D

Mark

Offline Campa

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 10:14:17 AM »

:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

Yep.  Now get all that NRL nonsense off the Etihad turf.

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »
AHAHA

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 02:01:01 PM »
Ray Price just assuring us why he is still regarded as the biggest douche going around in rugby league. Move on old timer....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/blues-legend-ray-price-says-he-would-have-walked-team-off-field-after-greg-ingliss-try/story-fn31yxah-1226365666205
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB

Offline Big Nath

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 02:20:58 PM »
Ray Price just assuring us why he is still regarded as the biggest douche going around in rugby league. Move on old timer....

Good on him. least he as a set of balls.

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 02:27:47 PM »
Funny he should of said that.
last night, I mentioned to the guys I was watching the game with that Gallen should of done just that. Walked!
Three of the blokes were QLDers and agreed it was a shocker, and the Blues should of walked.
The officials have made the game a bloody joke.
 >:D

Offline Teabag

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 02:52:17 PM »
And how childish is that? Let's teach our children that when a decision doesn't go our way we quit and walk.......No wonder the world is going backwards......That is sport, take the good with the bad and move on.

Childish is an understatement........

Offline Big Nath

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 03:09:07 PM »
And how childish is that? Let's teach our children that when a decision doesn't go our way we quit and walk.......No wonder the world is going backwards......That is sport, take the good with the bad and move on.

Childish is an understatement........

Why childish? let me guess, you have never got the sh!ts and walked off?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/referees-boss-bill-harrigan-admits-video-referee-should-not-have-awarded-greg-inglis-try/story-e6frf9if-1226365409920

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:11:07 PM by campingwithkids »

Offline Teabag

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 03:25:17 PM »
Why childish? let me guess, you have never got the sh!ts and walked off?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/referees-boss-bill-harrigan-admits-video-referee-should-not-have-awarded-greg-inglis-try/story-e6frf9if-1226365409920

No......Who cares what Bill Harrigan says or doesn't say....I also read an article that Ricky Stewart said it was a try, again who gives a toss. By the letter of the law it was a try and correctly given accordingly, doesn't mean I agree with the law since they changed it........