Author Topic: AFL 2023  (Read 10900 times)

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: AFL 2023
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2023, 10:32:40 AM »
Hi,
    I did not know that the AFL has a tax free status.
It was revealed by our local Federal MP at the rally, which seemed totally ridiculous, no way, unbelievable.
He was right, for at least 3 decades according to Mr Google.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2023, 10:33:16 AM »
Foxtel commentary last night...

CARLTON, CARLTON, CARLTON, CARLTON, BLUES, CARLTON, CRIPPS, CRIPPS, HARRY, HARRY, CHARLIE, PADDY, PADDY, CARLTON, CARLTON, BLUES, VOSSY, BLUES, BLUES, CARLTON, ........................................................dogs
they were asking if they were actually on the field... nobody could see them anywhre
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2023, 10:31:00 PM »
Foxtel commentary last night...

CARLTON, CARLTON, CARLTON, CARLTON, BLUES, CARLTON, CRIPPS, CRIPPS, HARRY, HARRY, CHARLIE, PADDY, PADDY, CARLTON, CARLTON, BLUES, VOSSY, BLUES, BLUES, CARLTON, ........................................................dogs
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2023, 10:10:51 AM »
Trial by media....
If those accusing him wont give over the documents with the details of the issue - then case closed.

Alastair Clarkson taking indefinite leave from North Melbourne role

North Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson is set to walk away from his role as the fallout to the Hawthorn scandal continues.

North Melbourne released a statement confirming the news of Clarkson’s departure

“Effective immediately, North Melbourne Football Club senior coach Alastair Clarkson will step away from the club to focus on his physical and emotional wellbeing,” the statement read.

“Current club assistant coach and former AFL senior coach, Brett Ratten, will take on the role of senior coach in the interim.

“The club is providing its full support to Alastair and we commend him for making this important decision to put his health first,” North Melbourne President Dr Sonja Hood said.

“Everyone involved has been deeply affected by the Hawthorn investigation and the burden on Alastair has been significant.

“We will give Alastair whatever time he needs to restore his health and look forward to welcoming him back when he is fully fit.

“We have strong leaders at our club who will step up and support and coach our team while Alastair spends time focusing on his health.

“We are fortunate to have someone of Brett Ratten’s experience and capability to coach the team in the interim.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/alastair-clarkson-taking-indefinite-leave-from-north-melbourne-role/news-story/9ec6c2bf09ba9823b5b652423070188e
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 10:13:15 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2023, 03:18:41 PM »
Yep, about time those making the allegations front up to the investigation and give evidence of any alleged wrong doing. The independent panel of investigators appear to be dragging their feet on this.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2023, 08:13:22 PM »
Yep, about time those making the allegations front up to the investigation and give evidence of any alleged wrong doing. The independent panel of investigators appear to be dragging their feet on this.
Who ever the tasmanian kangaroos play this weekend I hope they wipe them off the field....

they wont, they will go down by 10 goals or more.... but would be nice to see
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2023, 04:15:18 PM »
West coast... LMAO!

but you think that was bad... Carlton... hold my beer
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2023, 08:15:55 PM »
silly season already?

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick, the man who guided the Tigers out of the wilderness to win three premierships in four years, is set to quit, The Age has confirmed.

The Tigers will hold a press conference on Tuesday to make the announcement, which will be effective immediately.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/damien-hardwick-to-depart-tigers-20230522-p5daf0.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2023, 07:43:01 AM »
silly season already?

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick, the man who guided the Tigers out of the wilderness to win three premierships in four years, is set to quit, The Age has confirmed.

The Tigers will hold a press conference on Tuesday to make the announcement, which will be effective immediately.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/damien-hardwick-to-depart-tigers-20230522-p5daf0.html

Sad day for the club, well respected by everyone. He will definately be back at our reunions etc in the future unlike Clarko at Hawthorn which is sad.
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2023, 11:41:47 AM »
lol
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2023, 11:27:04 AM »
Nobody be tippin 9 this week
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2023, 01:29:42 PM »
No surprise

Lance Franklin has retired on the spot
Swans champion Lance Franklin has reportedly made a snap decision to never play professional football again

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/lance-franklin-has-retired-on-the-spot-ending-famous-career/news-story/a52cc7c4d44ce01cd082c5328bab96c2
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2023, 01:31:41 PM »
Yep, no surprise really.

You don't use magic to disappear, ya use a 4x4 & Swag.

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2023, 07:18:46 PM »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 07:24:32 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2023, 02:25:12 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2023, 03:20:14 PM »
Wasn't the Swans day.
Next year, Hey.

You don't use magic to disappear, ya use a 4x4 & Swag.

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2023, 11:01:31 AM »
Did Port just play the ultimate Premiers? Port's early set shots didn't help keep critical scoreboard pressure on and the late injuries didn't help either but they were a good team simply beaten by a very class outfit. Brisbane have to believe they can hold up the cup now  :cup:
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2023, 05:07:23 PM »
Did Port just play the ultimate Premiers? Port's early set shots didn't help keep critical scoreboard pressure on and the late injuries didn't help either but they were a good team simply beaten by a very class outfit. Brisbane have to believe they can hold up the cup now  :cup:
I’m a Port fan, can’t see us beating GWS with our injury worries and lack of strong defence. I think it will be a Brisbane, Collingwood gf, with Brisbane to win hopefully.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2023, 10:39:28 AM »

« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:45:19 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2023, 07:09:46 PM »
RIP legendary Ron Barassi....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2023, 08:29:51 PM »
Bookin me grand final tickets ...
called it early
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2023, 02:09:51 PM »
I’m a Port fan, can’t see us beating GWS with our injury worries and lack of strong defence. I think it will be a Brisbane, Collingwood gf, with Brisbane to win hopefully.
Yes went to the match and it was obvious Port were missing a decent fit ruckman ever since Lycett went down in the last quarter against Collingwood in the rounds and that match turned. So in the second quarter GWS onballers got going and as you say a stricken defence struggled without their earlier season system and method. Would have been all over at half time if GWS had converted better. After half time port threw Dixon into the ruck to simply compete and Port players got desperate with tackling and had GWS fans worried at one stage but then it was their turn to catch up with the points scoring and the result became obvious.

On the performance GWS can certainly make a game of it against Collingwood and the rest week Pies won't want to let GWS jump them early and get their confidence up. The home crowd and better percentage should see the Pies progress though. OTOH good luck Carlton against Brisbane at home as I expect the game will be over at half time and the Lions are my tip for the flag now (injuries providing). With ticketing allocations GFs are full of neutral crowds so it will be a fair test in that regard but none can afford to waste their opportunities in front of goals now.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2023, 12:05:45 AM »
Yes no doubt why the crowd was only 45,500 as some Port fans feeling the pinch would have saved the admission money knowing if it wasn't GWS it would have been the Pies comfortably the week after-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-league/port-coach-hinkley-ready-for-scrutiny-after-finals-flop/ar-AA1gONNh
They gave us a good run when fit during the season so most fans seemed philosophical and now for the trade season to bolster the stocks with minimum Jonas Lycett and Boak salaries to spend you'd expect.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2023, 09:45:53 AM »
Has anyone figured out why Max Gawn touched the ball on the way through to make it a behind instead of a goal for his team?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2023, 05:39:09 PM »
Judging it's touched by the defenders on the line anyway and if he can tap it back to a loose teammate it can become a goal?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/thats-a-goal-otherwise-max-gawns-brutal-late-blunder-proves-costly-in-finals-thriller/news-story/9bfade8fa9cfdabd5bf77b7f7105ff68