Author Topic: Theft from CP  (Read 2222 times)

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
Theft from CP
« on: July 04, 2023, 09:24:26 PM »
Hi,
A Victorian family spending the school holidays caravanning through Queensland has been left stranded and penniless after young thieves allegedly stole their car and dumped it in a river.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-04/vehicle-300k-allegedly-stolen-dumped-queensland-river-holiday/102558862

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Theft from CP
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 10:49:34 AM »
In a statement, they confirmed the boys had been "dealt with".

Define "dealt with".... beaten, jailed, fined, or slap on wrist... bet they are the people that the cops dont bother arresting
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: NZMarkb

Offline Rowlie

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 11:43:12 AM »
Car theft generally is treated as a minor offence in our society. Something akin to a victimless crime. It isn't. If the vehicle is insured we all share the cost. The inconvenience to the owner is immense whether it is insured or not. I have been stranded a long way from home when my car broke down. We were insured for the costs of repatriation but the knock on effect was significant. I can only imagine how tough it is for this couple with their young family. Fortunately they were not remote.

We have to take a tougher stand on the offence and treat it more seriously. There are inevitably further charges laid when offenders are apprehended so the car theft isn't isolated.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 07:08:54 AM »
so the car theft isn't isolated.

& you can be just about guaranteed that as soon as it was reported the cops said "That'll be him, him & him - go pick 'em up, again" >:(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday