Author Topic: How do you rate our politicians  (Read 6566 times)

Offline mynance

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: How do you rate our politicians
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »
Tony Abbott ruined politics in Australia by putting personal interest which were bad for our economy, ahead of the interest of Australia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NT Pajero Avan Cruiseliner

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2018, 08:36:03 PM »
I think that those who try to oversimplify the complexities of the job probably don't have a great understanding of what is involved and wouldn't last for long in the job. I think if we paid them peanuts then we would really get to see what incompetence really looks like as opposed to what many think it looks like, I certainly don't think they are all good but I'd rather we pay a comparable wage to what a capable individual is worth and end up with a few over-entitled pollies, than I would pay peanuts and end up with a whole swag of incompetent people running the country.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 08:59:17 PM »
Like all parts of the community, some are good, some are bad and some switch between the two.

More importantly, I wonder how much of a material impact any pollie actually has on our life? Do they really have anywhere near as much impact on our future as our families, employers, teachers, doctors, nurses, church leaders, other public servants (at all levels from the postie to the head of the reserve bank), business leaders or a myriad of other people both here and abroad?

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »
I think that, if you look at the gas and electricity situation, we'd all have to agree that we have not been adequately served by the political classes.
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 09:44:10 PM »
Rate against what?
Against what the world have to offer or what the different parties offer?
Also, rate them only base on their integrity and honesty, not their political view because that can be personal. So rate them on merit.

Against the world
For me, if I rate them against my country of birth and it’s current political leaders then I rate then extremely high. I believe most people is still waiting for the promises of years gone by to be fulfilled.

If I rate then against European leaders then they are on pair. Promises are broken when it suites them, but most of the time the Country comes first.

Against America then below pair only because Trump is at least trying to keep his promises, ignoring if you agree with them or not.

Against Putin, they all fail since he gave the majority of his people some pride back. (I dislike the guy, but must acknowledges that he took Russia from being a laughing stock of the late 1990 to a world power again)

I do not know enough about China internal politics, so cannot rate against the public face of China.

Internally
Malcolm against Shorten
Devil you know vs the devil you do not know.
Shorten knifed both his previous leaders and have ambition.
He thinks before he speaks, not like when Malcolm propose that the States collect 2% of income tax and they can increase or decrease it. (Brilliant idea, but no consultation so it failed)
Malcolm is experiencing what every step-parent experience. No matter what you do, in bad times you will be reminded directly or indirectly that you are the step-parent. Tony will be in the back and his present is felt. The real parent was kick out and cannot return but they are always present.

Their are great people in both parties, but they are the shadows and both leaders light is to bright.

Bottom line is that Australian politics are interesting and not life threatening.
During election time thousands of people die in the a Third World, not here.
This is truely the lucking country except if your name is Steve Smith or David Warner!
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »
Oh please....

I'm still trying to come to terms with the ONLY REAL issue in Australia at the moment........CRICKET

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 06:22:37 AM »
I rate them as a bunch of lilly livered back stabbing cretins, that have no friggin idea of what our country needs or can think anymore than what to do for the next week!  >: ( ;)

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.