Author Topic: Cretins at Dargo  (Read 2572 times)

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Traveller

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Cretins at Dargo
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 08:47:10 AM »
Not sure what you are getting at. If the sign annoys you, then don't camp there. If it is showing what yobs are doing, and what others have to do to counter them, then fair enough.

Last time went in for a drink at Dargo we were talking to the pub owner and he was telling us some of the things he has to put up with. I couldn't believe that people behaved so badly in a popular camping area. As far as I was concerned they are all fair rules, and the owner is big enough to make his point known.

I must admit, as time goes by I despair more and more at the stupidity of some four wheel drivers, but then again I getting to be a very grumpy old man.

Offline KathyL

• Tent User
    • Ron & Kathy's Adventures
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 08:56:53 AM »
Not sure what you are getting at. If the sign annoys you, then don't camp there. If it is showing what yobs are doing, and what others have to do to counter them, then fair enough.
The sign is the first photo in a slideshow which shows how other have been leaving the place.
2016 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2015 Ultimate Xplor GT
Travel Blog:  Not At Home Today

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 11:47:57 AM »
I respect signs like that and more likely to give them my business as the older I get the less tolerant I am of the idiots who carry on all night.

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 01:16:56 PM »
Lost me at no music after 9pm. Sounds like a caravan park to me.
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 02:00:09 PM »
Looks like it was possibly locals at fault anyway. The post mentions the way the site was left on Sunday, after a birthday bash for a couple of blokes there.

But yes, seems that some people have just no idea, when it comes to leaving their crap all over the place.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline Traveller

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 08:05:22 PM »
The sign is the first photo in a slideshow which shows how other have been leaving the place.

Sorry, not a Facebook user and didn't realise.

Looks as good as quite a few camp spots further into the High Country. Can't stand the grubs.

Last time we were in the Wonnangatta some lowlife shot and partly butchered a Sambar deer, then left the whole lot there just near the cemetery.  There were a lot of campers there at the time, and it happened well after dark. I hope the karma bug bites them badly.
The following users thanked this post: hardroad