Author Topic: Kimberley Kampers...all finished, all done ...  (Read 15577 times)

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
Re: Kimberley Kampers...all finished, all done ...
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 09:27:37 PM »
It's a damn shame. There were a couple times in the past few years we'd looked at various model Kimberleys and considered buying one...

Really feel for the employees who have lost their jobs, and the customers sitting at home biting their nails wondering if they'll ever see a dime of no doubt sizeable deposits and progress payments they've probably made...

:(
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 09:32:13 PM »
Know someone that has a brand new KK.....hence no warranty...the dealer they bought it through hasn’t been paid by KK  for any warranty work they have done since Feb...

The flow on effects are large....

And they are hearing that the whole manufacturing process is being moved overseas by the current/ex owner.......

It just concerns me, that this all came about due to the original marriage reason...if that is true, then A particular ex owner should be brought to account for his actions
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 09:37:58 PM »
Wonder where the uni mog that they spent all that money on building will end up?.
Know someone that has a brand new KK.....hence no warranty...the dealer they bought it through hasn’t been paid by KK  for any warranty work they have done since Feb...

The flow on effects are large....

And they are hearing that the whole manufacturing process is being moved overseas by the current/ex owner.......

It just concerns me, that this all came about due to the original marriage reason...if that is true, then A particular ex owner should be brought to account for his actions
i believe the new owner is a different person altogether...and as I mentioned previous, the ex dealer I spoke with recently, mentioned about the business looking to manufacture in China and stock no spares for thier trailers at all.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 09:48:46 PM »

To be fair, when the creditors (mainly money they had invested into the business themselves) only got 6c in a dollar the back last year, I think it points to the marriage issues merely bringing the financial woes to light, not really causing them.

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2018, 06:01:20 AM »
So what are the chances of the company name and patents being bought and manufacturing happening overseas?
It guess the chances of that happening  are (unfortunately) quite high.
Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 06:40:15 AM »
someone correct me with like... "facts" here.

But didn't Kimberly recently split the company up into multiple "units".

Can't remember where I read this... and if I've remembered it incorrectly, then maybe someone can correct me ok.

I seem to recall that in between the December 2017 liquidation and now, the new owner spilt the company into separate "units". But I think that the setup was that one of them owned the IP rights and branding etc and another licensed it from the first to do manufacturing.

If this is true... and if I really did read this correctly.

then which one just went into liquidation?

because if it was "just" the manufacturing... well then...

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=58855.msg1064705#msg1064705
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 07:30:23 AM »
someone correct me with like... "facts" here.

But didn't Kimberly recently split the company up into multiple "units".

Can't remember where I read this... and if I've remembered it incorrectly, then maybe someone can correct me ok.

I seem to recall that in between the December 2017 liquidation and now, the new owner spilt the company into separate "units". But I think that the setup was that one of them owned the IP rights and branding etc and another licensed it from the first to do manufacturing.

If this is true... and if I really did read this correctly.

then which one just went into liquidation?

because if it was "just" the manufacturing... well then...

Looks like you might be right.

https://www.timetoroam.com.au/kimberley-kampers-voluntary-administration/

He confirmed that Kimberley Kampers Pty Ltd is purely the company responsible for assembly of the camper trailers and off-road caravans, and that the intellectual property and customer deposits are managed by another company Bruce and another director, Todd Cannock own.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 06:58:13 PM »
To be fair, when the creditors (mainly money they had invested into the business themselves) only got 6c in a dollar the back last year, I think it points to the marriage issues merely bringing the financial woes to light, not really causing them.

Agree....I reckon they have probably been in above there heads for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 07:16:58 PM »
That article is 6 months old...

Yeah, I was just confirming that the company that did the manufacturing and the company that owns the IP are two different ones, you can be pretty certain that it's only the manufacturing one that has gone bust, and I'd be almost as certain that Kimberly Kampers will live on, just not manufacturing them in Lismore.

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 07:25:47 PM »
....I'd be almost as certain that Kimberly Kampers will live on, just not manufacturing them in Lismore.

Yep. I'd be very surprised if they didn't pop up again....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2018, 07:28:22 PM »
I havent read the whole thread or even read any of the news articles but I have some experience in the usual process that seems to have occured here.

Company only needs two directors and in most cases of smallish business they are $2 companies. Each director is a $1 share holder, usually husband and wife.

Company trades ok for years. Makes no personal guarantees to creditors but happily uses their trading terms and some during the years of trading, EG: 30-90 days credit.

There are a multitude of reasons why such a company gets itself into trouble but in the true sense of the word they are nearly always trading insolvent the whole time they are in business.

Directors realise there is no light at the end of the tunnel so they go and find an Insolvency Company who will work on their side to ultimately wind up the company or pull them out of the trouble they are in.

The typical and usual solution is to appoint them as the Voluntary Administrator and go into Voluntary Administration. The Administrator offers the creditors a company deed of arrangement usually a very small percentage of what they are owed. In my experience it is usually less than 10% but the creditors are left with the choice of getting zero or 10% so invariably they accept it. The Administrators paint a very dim picture of the assets and creditor/debtor situation to get this deed of arrangement through.

Sometimes they suggest the company will trade on under the control of the Administrators until it gets itself trading solvent again but again in my experience the directors and administrators have usually orchestrated a plan to get the directors out of the liabilities as they have no personal guarantees, accept with the banks of course.

So the end result is that creditors get bugger all, the banks get their money, the Administrators get paid very well, then the employees are left to get the dregs. All while the directors walk away avoiding Bankruptcy and in a lot of cases with a massive amount of pilfered assets/cash or anything they can sleeze out of the failing business before they appointed the administrators.

I am not for one second suggesting that is how this situation has panned out but thats how it was done in the 80's and 90's when I saw it all happen in front of my eyes several times.

Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build
The following users thanked this post: GeoffA

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2018, 07:34:22 PM »
.........in my experience the directors and administrators have usually orchestrated a plan.....

:o :o...surely not, Danny..... ;)
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2018, 07:36:21 PM »
:o :o...surely not, Danny..... ;)

LOL I know I am being captain obvious but it needed to be said ;)
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2018, 06:43:47 AM »
Yeah, I was just confirming that the company that did the manufacturing and the company that owns the IP are two different ones, you can be pretty certain that it's only the manufacturing one that has gone bust, and I'd be almost as certain that Kimberly Kampers will live on, just not manufacturing them in Lismore.

Updated here https://www.timetoroam.com.au/kimberley-kampers-liquidation/
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2018, 06:55:35 AM »
Updated here https://www.timetoroam.com.au/kimberley-kampers-liquidation/

Taken from above snapshot...This would have been a bloody nightmare..

Vickie

There were a lot more problems with the products & behaviours then a lot were aware off, this is still ongoing issue.

1. Pick up 25/6/15, 3rd day after pickup, Whole electrical system froze, had to disconnect main battery cable to reset as instructed via phone by factory after finally getting hold of them
2. Incorrect spare tyre fitted
3. Tap over outside kitchen wrong shape, water runs on backing of sink
4. Leak in wardrobe
5. Cutlery draw not clicking closed
6. Antenna not working.
7. Towel rail, crookedly fitted and fell off. (Extremely small screws).
8. Hinge in wardrobe came off, fixed ourselves
9. Design fault, Draw not having partitioned area for sink, smashed crockery, not appropriate suggestion given, to keep things away from that area, difficult being a full off road van, rectified ourselves at own cost with aluminium cut & bent to size then riveted
10. Design fault, Rivets protruding to inside draws, would damage interior items, purchased covers ourselves
11. Nuts protruding in cupboards, to long & no covers
12. Holes in lining of cupboards, not there when first viewed, believe after antennae wired up, one with exposed wiring (still not professional repaired x2)
13. Screws protruding through ensuite top cupboards
14. No aluminium cover over electrical wiring in ensuite
15. Drinking water pump excessively loud
16. Recycle pump excessively loud
17. Speaker wiring lying lose in cupboards, hard to use as storage
18. Light wiring unprotected in cupboard, hard to use as storage
19. Faulty vents
20. Wiring under bed to long and not secured properly, wiring being squashed
21. Damage to chassis, drivers side
Only some repairs had been carried out in Cairns, parts not sent up, more emailing & calls, finally delivered to Cairns Dealer 30/10/15 to send to Caboolture Dealer, did not deliver to Caboolture dealer till 7/11/15, unbeknown to us dealer towed down
22. Majority of manuals for components missing
23. Tank levels showing incorrectly, had enter incorrect settings for model
24. External light not dimmer as advertised on brochure, never been inclusion
25. No remote for stereo as advertised on brochure
26. Scratches in bench top
27. Glue dripped over microwave, marked in bottom, tape not removed (not replaced)
28. Lot of trial & error with gluing of wiring & lighting through out
29. Batteries – deep discharged 3 times when received
30. Wiring drivers side in wardrobe under matting asked to be checked, mess of rubbish & wiring, electrocution & fire concerns, passenger side, build scraps
31. Main switch on touch screen does not work, so no way to shut down power, discovered after fire that had not even been connected
32. Not charging via car
33. Shower damage, patched before plus cracks and stains
34. Ensuite flooring, screw broken through flooring plus glue & chips
35. Already patched hole in top cupboard above kitchen
36. Diesel cooktop no longer working
37. Fan under kitchen bench no longer working
38. Blind started fraying
39. Majority of draws and cupboards have no rubber protectors, caused rubbing
40. Under bed draws stiff to close, don’t click closed
41. Not sufficient lighting for outside kitchen and when door opened outside light not much use
42. Dimmable light over table inside flickers
43. Ensuite door track, screws flogged out and not holding plus dirt coming in
44. Water switch tap area not sealed properly, very high intake of dirt, taps different setup to KK manual
45. Outside kitchen wiring are not sealed properly, very high intake of dirt to kitchen area of which also then enters van through gap under seat on side
46. Apple TV not working through stereo, works ok through tv/dvd
47. Antennae for Wi-Fi unsure if working, portable one works better
48. Chipped laminate
49. Awning braces, where bent
50. Dust boot on shocker fell down, we taped up
51. Dust in entering fantastic fan over shower, not sealing properly
52. Midgee door screen not wide enough at bottom
53. Frozen Solar input counter on screen, had been instructed would need update for Philippi screen and never happened, nor full electrical check & testing at Factory as requested
Collected at our own expense 2/12/15 picked up after being delayed.. Not all completed to standard or some at all, not happy, but had to return to Cairns
54. Electrical battery, alarms triggering within battery & Philippi screen ongoing for 3mths, from mid-January, not in use, sitting in yard, relayed by phone & email testing to do multiply testing, multiply times over 3mths, one battery finally deemed faulty, replaced within second hand battery, March 2016, as stated none in stock, never replaced.
55. Lights randomly turning on & off
56. Even after replacement battery, ongoing electrical issues, alarms triggering, once again, multiply phone & email instructions to change settings, move processing chips, never instructed to take to Cairns KK only asked what direction heading
57. Solar input low, car input low, alarms still triggering. Instructed when arrive to take to Darwin Auto Electricians to have relay fitted to remedy issue, after pickup, Relay did not remedy issues, same electrical issues, more setting changes via phone
58. DVD component failed in TV/DVD combo
59. 7/716- Fire broke out 100km from Geraldton in enclosed battery box wiring of which is contained in the tunnel boot whilst driving, difficultly in extinguishing, inhaled smoke, then instructed via phone had to climb in and disconnect main battery cable on side of road as my reignite, no isolation switch, oh this was over the top of where the fire started. So having to place self at risk.
60. Collected 22/7/16, Geraldton Auto electrician only installed battery box sent from KK factory. No other components replaced. No full electrical wiring check performed as we requested of KK. Auto electrician unable to perform the associated computer updates required.
61. Then had to take to KK dealer in Perth-430klm away, not the authorized repairer, booked in Tuesday 26/7/16- replaced & work performed-cmt shunt, replaced Philippi screen, not just updated as stated, grey water tank sensor, portable solar MPPT controller (not main one), strip light in tunnel boot, bolts for battery box, awning winder, digital TV aerial splitter in tunnel boot, new canvas bag with annex-awning poles (as burnt), TV-dvd combo, No other work of which we raised. Stated electrically checked, person who checked was the salesman with only background knowledge in mechanical. Collected 29/7/16. Under duress (our home)
62. No battery replacement (even one owed) or MPPT controller, other Electrical components, Inverter/Charger etc (all subjected to fire, heat, extinguisher foam)
63. Water tank volumes not entered correctly again
64. 1/8/16- once again same electrical issues, alarms triggered, batteries clicking & flashing, system unsynchronized
65. 2/8/16-Manufacturer owner arrives at Caravan Park, we believe to discuss refund as we requested, informs need to go through Dealer, installs isolator switch, rewires relay, informs solar hasn’t been working correctly from purchase.
66. Owner leaves, still leaving one faulty battery, per their battery guide
67. Next day, Inverter/Charger froze on, unable to have 240v usage, Dealer employer arrives, isolator switch didn’t work, needs to disconnect main battery lead to reset van electrics.

Current Defect Listing
(Some carry over from previous non-repair or unprofessional repair)

1. Deregistered 19/1/17 due to non-rectification of defect by manufacturer, 30 day defect notice placed by Qld Dept. of Transport 15/12/16, wrong descriptive on vin, (K being used, Folding Caravan, the previous smaller folding model prior to full size) clearance lights not working (after fire), refused to repair at dealers, informed not needed for roadworthy. Is required.
2. Breach legislative law for wiring of caravan, non-segregation of 240v & 12v wiring, plus other electrical hazardous issues- have reports from Qualified Electrician & Auto Electrician, the reports for electrical checks supplied with van & by manufacturer only relate to 12v & solar input, not full electrical check or safety check (as requested on numerous occasions also due to continually electrical issues from purchase, electrical fire being one, incompatible components also used.
3. Defective battery replaced with second hand in March 16, told would be replaced in Perth, did not, even after fire.
4. A second defective battery from after fire, not replaced, even though all batteries and components should have been replaced after fire, did not. Still defective to date, per own literature.
5. Inferred new, rush to get ready, first show (broadly online advertising as new), paid all new price – Information found = first built, damaged, unfinished, used as factory promotional unit prior to leaving factory to dealer, 6mths with dealer used as demo unit at multiply shows
6. Lights just randomly turning on & off
7. Incorrect model name on compliance plate
8. No gas plate fitted as indicated on submitted registration papers as so, breach of registration.
9. No contract given
10. Breached our privacy & all other Kimberley owners
11. Breach of Warranty laws 2012- non-inclusion in manufacturer’s warranty of: “Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
12. No price deduction for manual step
13. Paid full price for Air Conditioner twice, not upgraded price
14. No aluminium cover over electrical wiring in ensuite (as stated would)
16. Toilet recycle pump excessively loud and water pours out under van when switched on
17. Toilet indicator lights not working
18. Shower door randomly falling off numerous times, lucky hasn’t smashed
19. First KK manual not indicative of this model nor second
20. Holes in lining of cupboards from previous, repaired twice, not professionally to standard
21. Midges Screen door from previous, unprofessionally repaired (velcro just sewn on sides & coming apart
22. Blind nonprofessional repaired from previous fraying now has cut & glue
23. 1 fantastic van not working correctly
24. Water leaks to interior ensuite cupboards from number plate, no sealant
25. Drinking water gauge stuck on 84%, emptied, refilled numerous times
26. General water & grey water gauge also randomly get struck
27. Speaker wiring lying lose in cupboards, not protected
28. Lighting wiring loose in cupboard, not protected
29. Moved water intake to inside tunnel boot without enquiring, unprofessionally fitting, 4 joiners used, tunnel boot flooded twice, Darwin replaced joiners only. Resulted in staining on internal lining of van
30. Unprofessional work of cover up on original water inlets on exterior
31. Faulty vents
32. Water intake not working correctly, slow intake
33. Diesel hot water has become noisy
34. Annexe design faulty, hooks into toilet door, door broke.
35. One window out of alignment with others, struts in different position
36. Solar panel half lifted off, now internal leaks and corrosion
37. All screws for latches in windows rusted
38. Unipod leaks via latches
39. Rusted components in unipod
40. Light in unipod not working
41. Not covered by insurance for any issues that arise for due to breaches of wiring & manufacturer faults

Any Kimberley owners who do have a gas plate fitted as of 2012 gas laws numbering changed to codes, so if you have a gas plate from this time and it has a number 2 on it (the word code maybe scratched out as well) 2 indicates you have a gas fridge.
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Tradespeople/Gasfitters/Gas_compliance_requirements.page

Have all relevant Photos, Emails, documents and Reports
July 27, 2018 (11:58 pm)
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline BBull

• Tent User
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2018, 07:58:24 AM »
A lot of R&D went into the campers. Not to much in the rest of the range. Love our camper.

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2018, 09:24:12 AM »

Vickie

There were a lot more problems with the products & behaviours then a lot were aware off, this is still ongoing issue.

1. Pick up 25/6/15, 3rd day after pickup, Whole electrical system froze, had to disconnect main battery cable to reset as instructed via phone by factory after finally getting hold of them
4. Leak in wardrobe
6. Antenna not working.
9. Design fault, Draw not having partitioned area for sink, smashed crockery, not appropriate suggestion given, to keep things away from that area, difficult being a full off road van, rectified ourselves at own cost with aluminium cut & bent to size then riveted
10. Design fault, Rivets protruding to inside draws, would damage interior items, purchased covers ourselves
12. Holes in lining of cupboards, not there when first viewed, believe after antennae wired up, one with exposed wiring (still not professional repaired x2)
19. Faulty vents
Only some repairs had been carried out in Cairns, parts not sent up, more emailing & calls, finally delivered to Cairns Dealer 30/10/15 to send to Caboolture Dealer, did not deliver to Caboolture dealer till 7/11/15, unbeknown to us dealer towed down
27. Glue dripped over microwave, marked in bottom, tape not removed (not replaced)
30. Wiring drivers side in wardrobe under matting asked to be checked, mess of rubbish & wiring, electrocution & fire concerns, passenger side, build scraps
31. Main switch on touch screen does not work, so no way to shut down power, discovered after fire that had not even been connected
32. Not charging via car
41. Not sufficient lighting for outside kitchen and when door opened outside light not much use
44. Water switch tap area not sealed properly, very high intake of dirt, taps different setup to KK manual
45. Outside kitchen wiring are not sealed properly, very high intake of dirt to kitchen area of which also then enters van through gap under seat on side
48. Chipped laminate
53. Frozen Solar input counter on screen, had been instructed would need update for Philippi screen and never happened, nor full electrical check & testing at Factory as requested
Collected at our own expense 2/12/15 picked up after being delayed.. Not all completed to standard or some at all, not happy, but had to return to Cairns
54. Electrical battery, alarms triggering within battery & Philippi screen ongoing for 3mths, from mid-January, not in use, sitting in yard, relayed by phone & email testing to do multiply testing, multiply times over 3mths, one battery finally deemed faulty, replaced within second hand battery, March 2016, as stated none in stock, never replaced.
56. Even after replacement battery, ongoing electrical issues, alarms triggering, once again, multiply phone & email instructions to change settings, move processing chips, never instructed to take to Cairns KK only asked what direction heading
57. Solar input low, car input low, alarms still triggering. Instructed when arrive to take to Darwin Auto Electricians to have relay fitted to remedy issue, after pickup, Relay did not remedy issues, same electrical issues, more setting changes via phone
59. 7/716- Fire broke out 100km from Geraldton in enclosed battery box wiring of which is contained in the tunnel boot whilst driving, difficultly in extinguishing, inhaled smoke, then instructed via phone had to climb in and disconnect main battery cable on side of road as my reignite, no isolation switch, oh this was over the top of where the fire started. So having to place self at risk.
60. Collected 22/7/16, Geraldton Auto electrician only installed battery box sent from KK factory. No other components replaced. No full electrical wiring check performed as we requested of KK. Auto electrician unable to perform the associated computer updates required.
61. Then had to take to KK dealer in Perth-430klm away, not the authorized repairer, booked in Tuesday 26/7/16- replaced & work performed-cmt shunt, replaced Philippi screen, not just updated as stated, grey water tank sensor, portable solar MPPT controller (not main one), strip light in tunnel boot, bolts for battery box, awning winder, digital TV aerial splitter in tunnel boot, new canvas bag with annex-awning poles (as burnt), TV-dvd combo, No other work of which we raised. Stated electrically checked, person who checked was the salesman with only background knowledge in mechanical. Collected 29/7/16. Under duress (our home)
62. No battery replacement (even one owed) or MPPT controller, other Electrical components, Inverter/Charger etc (all subjected to fire, heat, extinguisher foam)
64. 1/8/16- once again same electrical issues, alarms triggered, batteries clicking & flashing, system unsynchronized
65. 2/8/16-Manufacturer owner arrives at Caravan Park, we believe to discuss refund as we requested, informs need to go through Dealer, installs isolator switch, rewires relay, informs solar hasn’t been working correctly from purchase.
67. Next day, Inverter/Charger froze on, unable to have 240v usage, Dealer employer arrives, isolator switch didn’t work, needs to disconnect main battery lead to reset van electrics.

Current Defect Listing

1. Deregistered 19/1/17 due to non-rectification of defect by manufacturer, 30 day defect notice placed by Qld Dept. of Transport 15/12/16, wrong descriptive on vin, (K being used, Folding Caravan, the previous smaller folding model prior to full size) clearance lights not working (after fire), refused to repair at dealers, informed not needed for roadworthy. Is required.
2. Breach legislative law for wiring of caravan, non-segregation of 240v & 12v wiring, plus other electrical hazardous issues- have reports from Qualified Electrician & Auto Electrician, the reports for electrical checks supplied with van & by manufacturer only relate to 12v & solar input, not full electrical check or safety check (as requested on numerous occasions also due to continually electrical issues from purchase, electrical fire being one, incompatible components also used.
3. Defective battery replaced with second hand in March 16, told would be replaced in Perth, did not, even after fire.
4. A second defective battery from after fire, not replaced, even though all batteries and components should have been replaced after fire, did not. Still defective to date, per own literature.
5. Inferred new, rush to get ready, first show (broadly online advertising as new), paid all new price – Information found = first built, damaged, unfinished, used as factory promotional unit prior to leaving factory to dealer, 6mths with dealer used as demo unit at multiply shows
8. No gas plate fitted as indicated on submitted registration papers as so, breach of registration.
9. No contract given
11. Breach of Warranty laws 2012- non-inclusion in manufacturer’s warranty of: “Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
16. Toilet recycle pump excessively loud and water pours out under van when switched on
20. Holes in lining of cupboards from previous, repaired twice, not professionally to standard
21. Midges Screen door from previous, unprofessionally repaired (velcro just sewn on sides & coming apart
29. Moved water intake to inside tunnel boot without enquiring, unprofessionally fitting, 4 joiners used, tunnel boot flooded twice, Darwin replaced joiners only. Resulted in staining on internal lining of van
31. Faulty vents
41. Not covered by insurance for any issues that arise for due to breaches of wiring & manufacturer faults

Any Kimberley owners who do have a gas plate fitted as of 2012 gas laws numbering changed to codes, so if you have a gas plate from this time and it has a number 2 on it (the word code maybe scratched out as well) 2 indicates you have a gas fridge.
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Tradespeople/Gasfitters/Gas_compliance_requirements.page

Apart from that I believe they were happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2018, 09:25:36 AM »
So the end result is that creditors get bugger all, the banks get their money, the Administrators get paid very well, then the employees are left to get the dregs. All while the directors walk away avoiding Bankruptcy and in a lot of cases with a massive amount of pilfered assets/cash or anything they can sleeze out of the failing business before they appointed the administrators.

Did I hear somebody mention Clive Palmer ??? >:(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2018, 09:34:55 AM »

Vickie

4. Leak in wardrobe
6. Antenna not working.
19. Faulty vents
32. Not charging via car
48. Chipped laminate

Current Defect Listing

9. No contract given
31. Faulty vents

That lady has also posted on a Facebook page and I replied to a comment where someone said what about the poor workers. Well to me most of those 60 odd issues are attributed to the workers.

Offline paulG

• Swag User
  • Work ...the curse of the working class.....
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2018, 10:29:56 AM »

Vickie

4. Leak in wardrobe
6. Antenna not working.
19. Faulty vents
32. Not charging via car
48. Chipped laminate

Current Defect Listing

9. No contract given
31. Faulty vents

Did somebody say that the unit was stolen, and they're making an insurance claim?... >:D

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »

Vickie

4. Leak in wardrobe
6. Antenna not working.
19. Faulty vents
32. Not charging via car
48. Chipped laminate

Current Defect Listing

c 30 day defect notice placed by Qld Dept. of Transport 15/12/16, wrong descriptive on vin, (K being used, Folding Caravan, the previous smaller folding model prior to full size) clearance lights not working (after fire), refused to repair at dealers, informed not needed for roadworthy. Is required.
9. No contract given
31. Faulty vents

Good old Aussie Quality Control.. I cant believe someone would put up with that much Shit going wrong. I'd never go camping again after 1/2 of that. ****in thing caught fire??? Defects by Qld Roads?? Not cleared up??
Surely that list is a piss take....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2018, 01:45:27 PM »
From the Northern Star 27th July.

Kimberley director's 'bizarre' move before collapse
Hamish Broome
by Hamish Broome
27th Jul 2018 12:00 AM
Subscriber only

FORMER associates of Kimberley Kampers director Todd Cannock have raised questions about his conduct in recent months as it emerges he "repossessed" the former owner's four wheel drive in a bizarre move.

Bruce Loxton, who successfully ran Kimberley for 14 years until the financial fallout of a marriage breakup forced him to bring a partner into the business, has spoken about his "embarrassment" about the management of the company over the last 12 months.

Mr Loxton put Kimberley into voluntary administration late last year, where it remained until Mr Cannock, a partner who invested in 2016, bought out the business in full in February.

A former senior executive with European multinational ABB before taking over Kimberley in the early 2000s, Mr Loxton said he was "sad beyond belief" that the company had been forcibly liquidated.

"It's just not fair on people, it's just not right," Mr Loxton said.

"I ran it for 14 years, we won awards, and we were profitable every year.

"I took on a partner (Mr Cannock) in 2016 and it's been a disaster ever since.

"He said he was still owed "north of $1.5 million" by the business and was planning court action.

Mr Loxton said his personal four wheel drive was towed away from his Ballina home just before Easter because it was still registered with a business entity connected to Kimberley, used to hold customer deposits.

"When we sold the company (to Mr Cannock) the car was specifically excluded from the deal," he said.

He said he had forgotten to shift the car out of that business after the sale and claimed when he asked Mr Cannock to sign the transfer paperwork, Mr Cannock had verbally agreed, but instead a tow truck turned up outside his Ballina home.

"It was emotionally devastating after everything else."

"The drag marks are still here on the driveway."

Mr Cannock answered a call from The Northern Star but has refused to comment.

Mr Loxton believes the "root cause" of Kimberley's business problems was the "firing" of three major dealers, two in Queensland and one in Victoria, representing almost 60% of Kimberley's revenue.

He said the business also lost a crucial dealer in NSW last year and had to lay off 16 people.

"That dealer walked away, he could not work with Todd," Mr Cannock said.

David Fellows, owner of Victoria Camper Trailers, said he was forced to sell his family's dream 2ha property earlier this year after Mr Cannock ended their dealership agreement over the phone following a dispute.

More than 50 workers have been left without jobs after high profile Ballina company, Kimberley Kampers, was placed into liquidation.

Mr Fellows claimed he was told "I'm done with you, you're finished" after the phone call, in which he was "yelled at like a five year old child".

Mr Fellows, alongside other business associates, said Mr Cannock would never provide anything in writing or answer emails. He described Mr Cannock's conduct as "bizarre" and "unusual".

He still has nothing in writing informing his business that their dealership arrangement, which cost an estimated $300,000 when he bought the business several years ago, had been terminated.

"In his words, it will only get 'used against him'," Mr Fellows said.

At the time, selling Kimberley products was worth 90% of his business's income, with the termination forcing him to sell the family home to obtain cash for new inventory.

Tim Gillman, from Townsville based Aussie Campers, said he cancelled his agreement with Kimberley two months ago after deciding Mr Cannock "was a man I could not do business with" following a heated phone call.

"What happened yesterday, I could see it coming," he said.

More than 50 workers have been left without jobs after high profile Ballina company, Kimberley Kampers, was placed into liquidation.

He was very surprised when the company recently axed one of its best selling original models, the entry level Kimberley Kamper Classic, a reliable, basic outback campervan.

"I sold Kimberleys for 15 years, I know it like the back of my hand," he said ruefully.

"I'm still passionate about the Kimberley brand, I just couldn't deal with the man."

Mr Gillman corroborated the story about being forbidden from emailing Mr Cannock.

Mr Loxton said the dealers were self-made people who you had to "sit and work with", not talk down to.

The insolvency firm handling the liquidation, Gold Coast based SV Partners, has remain tight lipped about Kimberley's situation.

A spokeswoman told The Northern Star that a creditor's report would be issued within 10 days under ASIC obligations.
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one
The following users thanked this post: tryagain

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2018, 01:59:44 PM »
Another unit with an "  I AM GOD "  attitude ..  Fail .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2018, 02:52:46 PM »

Tim Gillman, from Townsville based Aussie Campers, said he cancelled his agreement with Kimberley two months ago after deciding Mr Cannock "was a man I could not do business with" following a heated phone call..........

.........Mr Loxton said the dealers were self-made people who you had to "sit and work with", not talk down to.

not the dealer I spoke with, but sounds much like the conversation I had with one of thier ex dealers
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t