Author Topic: Tallebudgera - Weekend Just Gone.  (Read 1526 times)

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
Tallebudgera - Weekend Just Gone.
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:53:18 PM »
Hi All,

The dye was cast a few weeks ago when the wife and I realised that our August RDO combined with a public holiday here in the Redlands....you beauty. Thought we'd go back to Tallebudgera and try and book one of those lovely, but expensive, water front sites. Was lucky enough to get the site we had picked out the last time we were there. Friday was a bit windy and cool, but still much better than being at work. Did the usual walk around Burleigh Mountain etc and just basically chilled out. Eldest daughter came down on Saturday as she wanted to go paddle boarding....the thought of falling off and getting a dunking didn't exactly thrill me....but things you do hey. Sunday came and was sunny and a bit warmer, so off we went. Was feeling a bit smug because of my last paddle board experience where I didn't fall off at all....but there wasn't any wind that day and it was warm being the end of summer. Watched my daughter fall off a few times and had a quiet chuckle....but shortly after over I went....brrrrr. Happy hour for us started at 4.00pm and it was so good to set up a chair behind the van overlooking the water watching the sun go down. Sure does recharge the batteries heading off for a long weekend....almost enough to face going back to w...wo...wor....work :)

Only 5 weeks to go before our next holiday up the coast....counting down !

Cheers
Rob

Offline beagle

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Tallebudgera - Weekend Just Gone.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 08:00:27 PM »
Beautiful place

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: archer63

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
Re: Tallebudgera - Weekend Just Gone.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 08:21:17 PM »
Oh...forgot to mention that every afternoon we also walked around the van park....having a sticky beak at what others have etc.
Seriously considering getting one of those McHitch couplings for our Swan outback...only saw one though and decided to have a chat to the owner. He was very happy with it and said he would never go back...but noticed he did have several locks on his and the tug.
Something to consider...do I need it....maybe....do I want it....YES !!
Father's Day is just around the corner isn't it  >:D
Cheers
Rob