Author Topic: 1996 CUB Kamparoo  (Read 1782 times)

Offline rnrphantom

• Swag User
1996 CUB Kamparoo
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:21:34 PM »
My son is looking at buying one of these and just wondering if anyone has any information on them.
They have a brand new baby and time for them to get rid of the roof top tent. They will be towing it with a Troopy and will want to be off the beaten track when they go away. Anyone know their off road ability? They don't have a lot of cash and would prefer a hard floor.
Any thoughts or information appreciated
Cheers & Beers

Rob, Kim and Will

Offline marvellous_matt

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: 1996 CUB Kamparoo
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 12:05:49 AM »
we had a 2001 Kamperoo off road weekend. Was solid and we could tow it anywhere we could take our 4wd, kimberley, tanami track, lorella springs, outback SA and NT. solid axle with shocks were good, it was unbraked so light.
I guess it came in different models, so if it is a off road model it will be fine, but might be semi off road, or on road. Can u post a photo?
We upgraded to a new model for a bit more room and comfort, but it was well made and served us well.
The following users thanked this post: rnrphantom

Offline rnrphantom

• Swag User
Re: 1996 CUB Kamparoo
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 09:54:51 AM »
I guess it came in different models, so if it is a off road model it will be fine, but might be semi off road, or on road. Can u post a photo?
We upgraded to a new model for a bit more room and comfort, but it was well made and served us well.
[/quote]

Hi Matt,
The only other information I have is that it has leaf springs and a slide out shelf for the kitchen. Might have to go and have a look on the weekend as he will want it for full off road.
Cheers & Beers

Rob, Kim and Will