Author Topic: What's a life worth.  (Read 3159 times)

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
What's a life worth.
« on: August 17, 2018, 05:10:54 PM »
See the B***H that drove her kids into a lake and drowned 3 of them has had her sentence reduced on appeal. Can be out in 14 years with good behaviour.  That's around 2 years for every year the kids were alive. That's B*****T, she should rot in jail, or better swing from a rope. 2 x 4yr olds and 1x 16mth, they don't get 14 years.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/sentence-cut-for-mum-who-killed-three-of-her-kids-by-driving-into-lake-20180816-p4zxsb.html
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:19:56 PM by corndog »
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: What's a life worth.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 06:23:24 PM »
Probably won’t have too many agree, but I’m a huge fan of capital punishment. If there’s proven guilt with no doubt, swing them. We shoot a dog that bites, what’s the difference? Apart from the dog is probably better than the criminal
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 08:01:25 PM »
Probably won’t have too many agree, but I’m a huge fan of capital punishment. If there’s proven guilt with no doubt, swing them. We shoot a dog that bites, what’s the difference? Apart from the dog is probably better than the criminal

I,m all for seeing the scum in society swing from a tree...need a lot of trees and rope though...There are just too many oxygen thieves that are of no value to society....
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Hookie

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 06:57:31 AM »
Probably won’t have too many agree, but I’m a huge fan of capital punishment.

There are just too many oxygen thieves that are of no value to society....

I think we need a system for determining how much use some of these criminals are likely to be to society. If it's decided that you're never going to contribute, only burden, then we don't need you, there are too many others more deserving of the resources we're wasting on you.

I'm also for forced sterilization in many cases. If you already have 5 kids that you don't take care of, you don't need to be out breeding up more. Would be ideal if we could somehow sterilize everybody at birth, then you have to go through an application process to be unsterilized.
The following users thanked this post: duncan

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 09:26:07 AM »

I think there is more than you think, their just too scared of the political correctness gone way too wrong. I say grow more trees!!!
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 09:31:20 AM »
I'm also for forced sterilization in many cases. If you already have 5 kids that you don't take care of, you don't need to be out breeding up more. Would be ideal if we could somehow sterilize everybody at birth, then you have to go through an application process to be unsterilized.

It's actually quite simple.... make going to the doc's easier (more doc's, cheaper access) so they can go and get a long term contraceptive implant...

In the UK one of the few medicines that is free in all the home nations is the contraceptive pill... it's not a hard one to work out...

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 09:39:04 AM »
Anyone following the news court reporting on the 19yo man who murdered the Korean student in the Brisbane CBD will be aware of some of the harrowing details...

How he bashed her so severely that she drowned in her own blood; how he stuffed his t shirt down her throat to stop her screaming; how ambulance officers attending the scene could not tell - looking at her broken face and body;  whether she was male or female; how he dragged her by her hair up approx 20 stairs; how he had the presence of mind to initially lay beside her dying body, (le "like a couple of drunk people in the park"); to avoid possible detection by the passing taxi drivers... how he decorated a tree beside her body with some of her hair - because the tree reminded him of a xmas tree....   etc; etc..

And how now his defense in court is that he is trying to get off with a "Diminished Responsibility" charge - aka fruit loops at the time of the murder...

But I am sure I recall that it was mentioned on the news over the first day or 2 after the murder, (about 5 years ago now); that his mum and dad happen to be both top rank Qld psychiatrists...

If I recall that piece of information correctly - I wonder then whether the prosecution has (been permitted to) make the jury aware of how these vested family ties and interests (ie: "save my boy"); might be serving the "crazy Defense" argument?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »
It's a joke they even throw up the defense of insanity.  The justice system is just as f### up for entertaining such bullShit. As I said plant more tree's.   
Cheers Terry.

Offline dogbox

• Swag User
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »
unfortunately a lot of these crimes are as a result of mental issues weather from traumatic  history as in the women driving into lake, that has not been dealt with (how did she even get past immigration) or use of illicit drugs so the rest of us should remember that they live among us.
until they do something horrendous no action will be taken, the next one could be one of your neighbours

Offline DarWen

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 11:34:12 AM »
Anyone following the news court reporting on the 19yo man who murdered the Korean student in the Brisbane CBD will be aware of some of the harrowing details...

How he bashed her so severely that she drowned in her own blood; how he stuffed his t shirt down her throat to stop her screaming; how ambulance officers attending the scene could not tell - looking at her broken face and body;  whether she was male or female; how he dragged her by her hair up approx 20 stairs; how he had the presence of mind to initially lay beside her dying body, (le "like a couple of drunk people in the park"); to avoid possible detection by the passing taxi drivers... how he decorated a tree beside her body with some of her hair - because the tree reminded him of a xmas tree....   etc; etc..

And how now his defense in court is that he is trying to get off with a "Diminished Responsibility" charge - aka fruit loops at the time of the murder...

But I am sure I recall that it was mentioned on the news over the first day or 2 after the murder, (about 5 years ago now); that his mum and dad happen to be both top rank Qld psychiatrists...

If I recall that piece of information correctly - I wonder then whether the prosecution has (been permitted to) make the jury aware of how these vested family ties and interests (ie: "save my boy"); might be serving the "crazy Defense" argument?

My son was working with this fellow at the time of the murder. I am waiting until after the trial to make any comments.

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 12:25:29 PM »
Lets say the 3 kids in the first post lived to just 65. The murderer to away 185.5 years of life from them and we are expected to free sorry for her for being mentally unstable. Sorry, "BANG", a bullet to the brain and no sorry feelings.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 12:45:18 PM »

...so the rest of us should remember that they live among us.
until they do something horrendous no action will be taken, the next one could be one of your neighbours

This is so so so true....   Another example of the exact same thing - When a young  Asian female's dead; draped; and raped naked body was discovered scattered on a bench in the CBD park beside the Museum of Modern Art ("GOMA") in South Brisbane...

A day or so later the police had their man...   Pretty quick result, I recall thinking at the time ..     

Turns out that what a lot of the public was not to know - is that about 3 blocks away from the murder scene is a overnight drop in centre for fruity loop types; drug and alcohol abusers and users; etc; (sorry - I don't know the politically correct terms to insert here)...

The investigating officers made a bee line straight to the centre; and for good reason...

Warehoused inside was the perpetrator - including some of the victim's blood still on him....

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 12:57:51 PM »
Don't forget most magistrates started as defence solicitors/barristers. And the fact that they are almost impossible to sack, they live in their own world and have no idea about community expectations
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 01:10:12 PM »
I had thought of doing an online petition but after reading some of the existing ones I shook my head and said what's the point. Our system is so f****d up. And the way the governments are it will never change.
https://www.change.org/t/criminal-justice-18?source_location=homepage

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 09:31:23 AM »

This is so so so true....   Another example of the exact same thing - When a young  Asian female's dead; draped; and raped naked body was discovered scattered on a bench in the CBD park beside the Museum of Modern Art ("GOMA") in South Brisbane...

A day or so later the police had their man...   Pretty quick result, I recall thinking at the time ..     

Turns out that what a lot of the public was not to know - is that about 3 blocks away from the murder scene is a overnight drop in centre for fruity loop types; drug and alcohol abusers and users; etc; (sorry - I don't know the politically correct terms to insert here)...

The investigating officers made a bee line straight to the centre; and for good reason...

Warehoused inside was the perpetrator - including some of the victim's blood still on him....

It would have been as easy as tracking a bleeding elephant through the snow.  These grubs are not that bright, the amount of evidence he would have left behind at the scene would have been similar to one of those follow the dots games. 
Cheers Terry.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
I think we need a system for determining how much use some of these criminals are likely to be to society.
I'll put my hand up for that job.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 05:20:23 PM »

plenty of places throughout the city housing people that should be locked away....a mate got called out to a well known Northside caravan park here in Brisbane years ago, as a result of his assessment the person he was sent there to address was taken away by the Police...the scary thing he said to me, just walking in and out of the van park he saw several other people in his view that shouldn't be walking the streets, and even worse was he mentioned the little kids living at said van park with the types of people that live there.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 04:44:43 PM »
Nature or Nurture, its that vicious life circle and those little kids too will grow to be very good crooks. 
Cheers Terry.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 08:57:00 PM »
Nature or Nurture, its that vicious life circle and those little kids too will grow to be very good crooks.

It's an easy thing to say, but near impossible to do.....stopping those kids from being raised by the "wrong" parents..

The wife volunteers at the local Vinnies 2 days a week, and daily, sees the drug , mentally ill, alcohol dependant  , sometimes ex con, no hopers of society......and some have kids as well....and how she treats most of them with compassion has me beat ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra