Author Topic: How does a newbie search here for a used CT ?  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Yarramundi

• Learning the Ropes
How does a newbie search here for a used CT ?
« on: April 12, 2013, 03:45:57 PM »
Hi there, just discovered the forum and it has been fantastic reading the posts, picked up a heap of good info thanks.   

Excuse the ignorance, just been looking through the classifieds for a CT, rather than read every ad I was wondering if there is an easier way to narrow down and search for what I am after.  For example can I search for campers for sale just in NSW closer to me, or search within a certain price range? 

I am after a CT that can do a bit of off-road but nothing too serious, mainly caravan parks and the dams & lakes inland NSW, need a little luxury for the wife like a kitchen and some power and lighting, fits 3 kids, prefer quality Aussie product under $10k ish.

Happy to go through and read every for sale ad, but many of them are interstate and outside my budget, so is there any tricks or tips?  cheers !       
2012 Toyota Prado Altitude D4D sometimes towing a Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
Re: How does a newbie search here for a used CT ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 03:54:04 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, there is no real easy way to narrow the search down. I would have a look at the ones in the classifieds and treat ti like window shopping. Hopefully you will find something you like where you can upgrade that to tyre kicking.

GG

Offline Muckinhell

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2014 Ecomate traveller forward fold.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 05:34:29 PM »
have you checked out caravan and camping sales website its a car sales other page. thats where i found my camper last year. also this site has a few and locations up first when having a look see.otherwsie in regards to the forum not sure.

http://www.campertrailers.org/tech_tips.htm

http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/buy/results.aspx?No=135&Qpb=true&Cr=9&Ns=p_StockPrice_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cp_StockRankSort_Int32%7c1&sid=12E021745600&silo=1701&seot=1&Nne=15&N=1549%201552%201602%201601%204294965530&trecs=431
2005 HDJ100r Sahara
Better to look at it, than for it!

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »
have you checked out caravan and camping sales website its a car sales other page. thats where i found my camper last year. also this site has a few and locations up first when having a look see.otherwsie in regards to the forum not sure.

http://www.campertrailers.org/tech_tips.htm

http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/buy/results.aspx?No=135&Qpb=true&Cr=9&Ns=p_StockPrice_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cp_StockRankSort_Int32%7c1&sid=12E021745600&silo=1701&seot=1&Nne=15&N=1549%201552%201602%201601%204294965530&trecs=431

X10
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum Yarramundi.  If you want to expand your search a little. Do a search on Gumtree.  There is an absolute sh==load of campers in the sydney and blue mountains area.  Not too for to travel from Yarramundi.  Do a search on Penrith Gumtree an expand your kms out to an extra 100 to include areas all around you.  Good luck mate.

Offline V8CRSA

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Just waiting to hit the open road again......
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 06:22:41 PM »
Hi Yarramundi,

Just keep looking through all the classified adds on here as well as caravan and camping sales.
Or you could just buy ours..............see here http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=29033.0 I know ours is a little over the 10k mark but we have already ordered our new camper,and are willing to do a deal.......near the 10k mark.
We are n Melbourne but would be happy to maybe meet someone half way if buying from interstate.

cheers,

Matt
2013 GXL TTD 200 SERIES CRUISER
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic
Not quite "ATS" but working on it

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 08:00:48 PM »
Can you narrow it down, well not easily.

There isnt that many adverts.. Take the time to read each ad. Learn what things people are doing to their trailers. Some come with extras you will miss by not reading the ads.. Also with this, don't limit yourself to one 2klms from home, many buy interstate and do well from it.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Yarramundi

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 11:48:46 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for all the tips, have been able to locate some good options for a second hand CT, and had a look at the Mountain Trail CT you are selling Matt looks good cheers
2012 Toyota Prado Altitude D4D sometimes towing a Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 08:42:18 AM »
The Black Pearl is on the market  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline jimny

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 09:26:55 AM »
I bought mine off gumtree. The seller put up lots of photos so I had a fair idea what I was getting and I could ask questions via text and emails before I even went to see it.