Author Topic: Hi, after advice for a new offroad camper  (Read 7547 times)

Offline DropBearRacing

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Hi, after advice for a new offroad camper
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 07:46:41 PM »
Hi Jak,

Welcome to the forum, I think I said on one of your other threads Customline, but if you didn't hear that then CUSTOMLINE  ;D ;D ;D anyway good luck.

:cheers:
The Bear made me do it!!

Offline steppenwolf

• Swag User
Re: Hi, after advice for a new offroad camper
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 05:30:59 PM »
What about the wrought iron staircase.
Did you leave that out after all Steph.
Wrought Iron bad for beachside. Marble simply does not rust.

work2play

Re: Hi
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »
You will get a $15,000 trailer for 9k, where *SOME* $9k trailers are only worth $2.50+gst
This seems to be true as hubby and I have looked around, but there are a few really well finished Imports if you spend $16 - $20,000. A couple of good upfront companys but plenty of total duds too obviously.

Ive been told not to buy these imports if going on trips to remote places like cape york unless there is full double dipped galvinised protection on the chassis and independant suspension. The bonus is that the 'all important undercarriage' has a much longer lifespan.

Its a personal choice about galvinising underneath, but as everyone knows it costs a few thousand extra. Jakster if you dont care get a brand with the red or yellow paint on the supension arms (simply be aware that this means the importer has painted directly onto the raw chinese steel).
Hope you dont mind me sharing  a little information  learned while we visited 6 showrooms so far and reading opinions here on myswag.
Best wishes Margy