Author Topic: Metalian Australia  (Read 22487 times)

Offline Metalian Australia

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Metalian Australia
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 12:21:15 AM »
Thanks for the write-up SNAFU! Agree with everything you've said. As you said - the tailgate awning can be left attached to the main tent, which means that within 20 minutes you can admire the contents of the National Luna 90 liter fridge. I will get a video made of the whole set-up as soon as I have stock available - don't even have an Maxi for myself at this stage! Going camping with my Oz Tent this weekend... will miss the MAxi even more as there is rain predicted all long weekend.

Offline SNAFU

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 12:40:14 AM »
I'm heading away Friday for the weekend too, Just me and some buddies heading to a property though so a backpack with my hammock setup is all i'll be taking....
The following users thanked this post: Metalian Australia

Offline Matt211181

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 01:17:10 PM »
I had a look at one of these on Saturday (thanks Steve from Offtrax!) - and I was quite impressed overall. The trailer looks to be very good quality, and very well thought out. The wife especially loved the storage - there seems like there's a place for everything

Anton - the Metalian Facebook has pictures of 2 different tent setups; the Howling Moon (which I saw at Offtrax) and the Ultimate Overland (apparently made by the company who makes all the canvas storage caddies?) Are both of these tent options available for the Australian Metalian?

Cheers
Matt

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 08:17:19 PM »
Hi Matt,

Glad that Steven could assist you. The Overland tent was specifically designed for the shorter Midi model. And yes - by the same Metalian Agent in South Africa that designed and manufactured the caddie storage bags. Unfortunately the caddies are keeping them so busy that they've had to drop the tent manufacturing side.

So our recommended option for a Trailer Top Tent at this stage is the Howling Moon Deluxe tent. We can also deliver it without a tent or source another South African tent of your choice - but then cant guarantee the customised fitting as we have with the HM tent.

The other alternative is the James Baroud tents which we also offer as an option.

We are looking at options for the local manufacture of tents at the moment, but this will still take some time to finalise and test before we offer it as an option.

Regards,
Anton
The following users thanked this post: whoohoo

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »
The new Australian made tent has been launched! It is a big improvement on the previous Howling Moon tent and we are very happy with it. Some of the features: quick set-up time for overnight stops as the tropical fly remains attached to the tent. Midge mesh windows all round now - and a great plus is that the tent fully seals against the sides of the trailer. The bed is a king size with a thick quilted matres and a proper ladder with wide rungs.

For overnight setup only 3 poles are required - and all the poles are set at 2 metres but are also adjustable for uneven terrain. Another big plus is the fact that the top of the tropical fly as well as the awnings have an aluminized coating, making it up to 8 degrees cooler underneath than traditional canvas.

Both the tailgate and nosecone awnings (each 2 metres wide) can be added / removed at normal height without the need for a ladder. Our fully inclusive price includes both awnings plus a 2m wide door with mesh screen and two 3.3m long walls than can be placed anywhere with a velcro strip. Standard inclusions are also a 2m by 2m kids room that can take 2 bunk beds and a zip on shower screen.

Offline woolgoolgaoffroad

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Hardfloor
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 03:53:18 PM »
Thank Kev - had a look at your nice website - I think the only think that can improve would be some nice Metalian photos!

thanks !!!....
lets talk and see what we can do.....have quite a bit happening with CT Australia atm and the near future
Kev

http://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com.au
Landcruiser + Ultra Breakaway

Offline fergy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 10:42:12 PM »
The new Australian made tent has been launched! It is a big improvement on the previous Howling Moon tent and we are very happy with it. Some of the features: quick set-up time for overnight stops as the tropical fly remains attached to the tent. Midge mesh windows all round now - and a great plus is that the tent fully seals against the sides of the trailer. The bed is a king size with a thick quilted matres and a proper ladder with wide rungs.

For overnight setup only 3 poles are required - and all the poles are set at 2 metres but are also adjustable for uneven terrain. Another big plus is the fact that the top of the tropical fly as well as the awnings have an aluminized coating, making it up to 8 degrees cooler underneath than traditional canvas.

Both the tailgate and nosecone awnings (each 2 metres wide) can be added / removed at normal height without the need for a ladder. Our fully inclusive price includes both awnings plus a 2m wide door with mesh screen and two 3.3m long walls than can be placed anywhere with a velcro strip. Standard inclusions are also a 2m by 2m kids room that can take 2 bunk beds and a zip on shower screen.

Pictures or it didnt happen 😜😜
1996 Suzuki Sierra    2008 jayco hawk now gone 1978 millard pop top
Iveco daily 4x4
WR450F

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 11:56:31 PM »
Thanks for comment Fergy - still on the 'to do' list. Busy preparing to take the Metalian Maxi with the new tent to the Canberra Show tomorrow, so please have a look at the Facebook site for photos of the new tent - https://www.facebook.com/metalianaus/posts/1402725226418154
 Photos have also been added to our website - www.metalian.com.au