Author Topic: Cavalier draught cover missing  (Read 1621 times)

Offline crocodile

• Learning the Ropes
Cavalier draught cover missing
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:56:19 AM »
We did not get the cover that velcros on to the bottom of the trailer when we bought it. It means the bottom as well as the side behind the kitchen is exposed.
Is there anyone that can provide me with a photo of what it is suppose to look like, and maybe measurements as well?
I am in NZ, so hoping to get one made locally

Thanks in advance

Offline Desert lover

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Challenge Meridian Offroad camper, GU Patrol.
Re: Cavalier draught cover missing
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:31:17 AM »
Hi Crocodile,
Ours on the Challenge camper trailer is the width of the camper trailer and press studs on below the opening tail gate.  Ours doesn't velcros to the tent part of the camper but is pegged at the bottom to hold it down tight.  The other side has a 'return' on it again with peg gromet to enable it to be pegged down and held in place.

The press studs used are the marine ss variety so that one part is rivited to the camper and the other side is fitted to the material part of the cover skirt. 

If you (or someone you know) is handy with a sewing machine you should be able to make one quite easily from some silver tarp material. Simply sew on some velcro, The press studs are  easy to fit and gromet sets are available at hardware stores or get SS ones through a marine boat cover manufacturer, on line or somewhere like "Whitworths" which deals in all things marine.
If all else fails, Challenge camper trailers in Adelaide have taken over cavalier campers and have an extensive manufacturing plant for repairs etc....if they haven't got one in stock they may be able to assist in making one up for you.
Good luck....
Sue

Desert Lover
The following users thanked this post: crocodile

Offline crocodile

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Cavalier draught cover missing
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »
Thanks Sue

I have some canvas material which I can use to create one