Author Topic: Camp trailer tents  (Read 3859 times)

Offline Brodie Tas

• Tent User
Camp trailer tents
« on: December 04, 2017, 10:01:13 PM »
Hi

So Im thinking of changing our camp trailer around next year at the moment I have a 7x5 trailer with a canvas canopy over the top and a Queen size mattress inside, with my son growing up and taking up bed space it will soon be time to put him in his own bed, so I have two ideas one is make up some trade racks and put a roof top tent on top, or get rid of the canopy and put a simple camp tailer tent on top. I only want a basic one so bed on top of the trailer and a small room next to the bed just big enough to put him in and a few other things, my question is where do you buy them? Online? I can't really find anything local and don't want to pay a arm and a leg, any help would be great!

Thanks Brodie

Offline 03GV

• Tent User
Re: Camp trailer tents
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:06:39 PM »
The reality is unless you get a rooftop tent anything else is expensive. http://www.oztrail.com.au/products/product do them but if your not going to pay that!
2010 DDIS Grand vitara
Lumberjack  Buckley  Campertrailer

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 05:05:29 AM »
I have the same issue. However I want to get a trailer top camper that has a queen size bed but only a 6 foot side annex in which just to have a swag or table. Current one is 9-10 foot....too big for 1 person. Trouble is..everything is so bloody expensive ($2500+).  Have considered a roof top tent...jury is still out.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline MrCruza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 07:00:36 AM »
I have the same issue. However I want to get a trailer top camper that has a queen size bed but only a 6 foot side annex

Got one just like that for sale at a VERY cheap price. In good nick, complete with a fully enclosed zip on annex  :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:02:26 AM by MrCruza »
Cheers, John.

'12 Cruiser
2020 NextGen Blackline

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 07:58:39 AM »
Quote from: Bigfish
Trouble is..everything is so bloody expensive ($2500+). 
For good quality canvas, windows, zips, velcro, screens etc I don't think its too bad a price..
I watched a bloke making one while getting some stuff done to mine while back... Theres a **** load of work goes into making one properly - mainly man hours.

search gumtree for complete trailers <3000...
theres Shit loads you could buy, strip what you want off it, and sell the trailer to recoup money

EG: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/langwarrin/trailers/-price-dropped-7x4-2011-offroad-camper-dirt-bike-trailer/1166940924
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:03:52 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Johnnos3003

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 09:52:14 AM »
For good quality canvas, windows, zips, velcro, screens etc I don't think its too bad a price..
I watched a bloke making one while getting some stuff done to mine while back... Theres a **** load of work goes into making one properly - mainly man hours.

search gumtree for complete trailers <3000...
theres Shit loads you could buy, strip what you want off it, and sell the trailer to recoup money

EG: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/langwarrin/trailers/-price-dropped-7x4-2011-offroad-camper-dirt-bike-trailer/1166940924

Ya Agree buy a new trailer merge into one and sell everything else off  :cup:

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »
These people are in Hobart. Steve is a very good person to deal with, I have bought two of his tents in the past.
http://trailercampers.com/products/6001-small-grey-tent/

We now use the small 6001 it is perfect for us. It is gas strut assisted and is very very easy to set up. No need for extra poles etc. Yes it is a Chinese tent but I can assure you they are just fine, or at least this manufacturer is.

This is it on our trailer and also a pic set up. I set the thing up on my including the annexe in just minutes.

Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Brodie Tas

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 06:44:23 PM »
Thanks everyone for the reply I will check out that guy in Hobart and also keep a eye out on Gumtree for one and just sell the trailer of, I do like the rooftop tent idea but my main concern he is only 3 and would feel better if he is in a room with us,

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 08:51:56 PM »
Doesn't Oztrail sell tents for camper trailers?

Offline Brodie Tas

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »
These people are in Hobart. Steve is a very good person to deal with, I have bought two of his tents in the past.
http://trailercampers.com/products/6001-small-grey-tent/

We now use the small 6001 it is perfect for us. It is gas strut assisted and is very very easy to set up. No need for extra poles etc. Yes it is a Chinese tent but I can assure you they are just fine, or at least this manufacturer is.

This is it on our trailer and also a pic set up. I set the thing up on my including the annexe in just minutes.

Would you have his contact number or business name by chance? Looking on there site I'm getting mainland contacts

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 09:48:42 AM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
Would you have his contact number or business name by chance? Looking on there site I'm getting mainland contacts

You may need to facebook message him or send an email. Maybe the number on his site is going to the sydney depot. I think he has the tents imported to Sydney. When we purchased our first one we went to his house in Acton Park down your way to have a look at them. He has or had some display versions.

https://www.facebook.com/TrailerCampers/

stephen@trailercampers.com
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build
The following users thanked this post: Brodie Tas

Offline Brodie Tas

• Tent User
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 07:51:21 PM »
You may need to facebook message him or send an email. Maybe the number on his site is going to the sydney depot. I think he has the tents imported to Sydney. When we purchased our first one we went to his house in Acton Park down your way to have a look at them. He has or had some display versions.

https://www.facebook.com/TrailerCampers/

stephen@trailercampers.com

Thanks for that I will get in touch with him