Author Topic: Thank you Mr McGirr  (Read 5349 times)

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
Thank you Mr McGirr
« on: July 04, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »
Hi Mark,

A big thank you from jclures and myself for a wonderful trip and a great time. You can give yourself a huge pat on the back for the well organised event we have just experienced and enjoyed.

To all those who were on the trip, a big thank you to to you all as well.
I enjoyed your company and friendship.

cheers duggie
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Re: Thank you Mr McGirr
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:35:16 PM »
One can only imagine it was a massive undertaking. I know having taken large groups on much easier trips how challenging it can be, but how much those involved enjoy themselves.

Well done Mark.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline lov2getaway

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Windjana Gorge 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:26:29 PM »
One can only imagine it was a massive undertaking. I know having taken large groups on much easier trips how challenging it can be, but how much those involved enjoy themselves.

Well done Mark.

X2 massive effort. Well done Mark :cup:
Cheers
L2GA
2011 Camprite, 2011 Prado.

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »
Well I arrived back after driving 10 hours got some dirt off the car and camper and sitting back having a scotch , left overs.

It was a fantastic trip, renewing friendships and meeting some new friends. It was a very tough trip and with the large numbers , it was very hard to get everyone in together in some spots but some improvised and camped at some great places.

I must thank the recovery guys , Duggie and John, Mick and John and Symon and Brendan. They did a sensational job getting us through the toughest spots and also guiding us down some very steep tracks. They worked tirelessly to make sure we all arrived at the next spots.

Regretfully Paul's discovery got stuck in 2 crossings and was towed to Seisia by Mick and John while Symon towed their camper. After calling the insurance it was written off. They flew backhome while Symon towed their camper to Mackay and Mick and John will be taking it to Brisbane. True MySwag people.

Tim also had some bad luck with his camper's springs collapsing close to Seisia and it was written off. Not deterred my swag members arranged a tent and extras for them to enjoy their stay and carried the rest with them to make sure they will arrive home with the rest of their camping gear.

This is what makes these trips so special , fantastic members willing to help when needed.

I will have the trip report done next week as I have to collate the photos etc.......it will be worth the wait!!!

Again a massive thank you to all members for making the trip such a great success. Thank you all. :cup:

Mark

Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Smarter than the average Bear
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »
Wish I was there guy's :cup:

Sounds like a trip of a life time for all involved :cheers:

Dam .... can we do it again 8)

Sorry to hear about the damage but unfortunately that is all part of the course for any trip like this .......... that's why we do it .... right ? ..... it's tough .... not easy ...... something to be remembered !!!!!

yogi

Offline Offroad 4x4 Accessories

• Tent User
Thank you Mr McGirr
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »
X2 for everything duggie said. It was a great trip and when anything went wrong there was always alot of people around to help. The offer from everyone to help me with tents, bedding cooking equipment, to come and get my gear from the trailer and to take it home for me was great( even when they were trying to find the local pawn brokers). Thanks to everyone
Tim

Offline hen

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »
Made it home at last.  What a fantastic trip.  A trip of a life time.  Wonderful places, scary tracks and everyday, a incredible adventure.  We so enjoyed meeting everyone and feel have made some great friends.  Thanks Mcgirr and the recovery guys who made this happen.  Would we do it again?   Yep in a heart beat but we would be better prepared next time.  Thanks to all for your fantastic friendship and support on the trip ;D

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
    • S0LAR power charging videos
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 09:21:08 AM »
Regretfully Paul's discovery got stuck in 2 crossings and was towed to Seisia by Mick and John while Symon towed their camper.
After calling the insurance it was written off.

Tim also had some bad luck with his camper's springs collapsing close to Seisia and it was written off. !

It would be interesting to know the name of the insurance Co that assisted these guys  ;D ;D

They would be a good insurance Company to have your insurance with

I for one would be interested in changing to them just for the phone service to get the camper or vehicle 'written off' and then you know you can just strip what you want from the vehicle or camper and get on with the trip or return home if the vehicle was written off.

Good information for travelers  ;D

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 02:16:41 PM »
Well jk and Mick left Mackay at 5am this morning with paulp's camper in tow back to Brisbane.  I'm not sure if Tim will be passing through tonight but he should be well on the way from Cooktown by now.

Yet another cracker trip organised by our Master of Trips, Mr McGirr.  We certainly had a tough one this year which made it all the more enjoyable.  I am always amazed by how much the OTL changes every year.  Last year Palm Creek and Gunshot made life difficult and Nolans was a breeze.  This year Palm Creek and Gunshot were quite easy and Nolans was the tough one.

It was great to travel again with old friends and to meet some truly amazing new people.  Once again a trip to remember, and I'm going to enjoy catching up on some sleep tonight.
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline blackcat

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • We are the Lucky Blackcats - we own a CT :-)
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
Another thankyou from us Mark for your efforts and time spent organizing such a fantastic trip, and many thanks and appreciation also to the fantastic recovery team! We had an absolute blast, did and saw some amazing things, caught up with some familiar faces and made some new friends.

Offline taka motoki

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
Thank you Mark I and my dad and good trip again this year was better than last year for me but my dad was really happy for what he got this year

Offline Glenno

• Tent User
  • Happy when I'm in the red dirt!
Thank you Mr McGirr
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 04:45:47 AM »
Mark, Amy and I would definitely like to add our thanks for organizing such a good trip. As last minute add on's, we were still welcomed and well supported.
The amazing thing for us is that this is all organized on a volunteer basis, no one paid any money to 'tag-a-long' no commercial deals, yet you spent a great deal of your time, and your holidays, managing a huge group of people, cars and campers through some tough tracks!!!  Very much appreciated.

The recovery team also deserve a huge thank you. Great effort to be there to support the group, again, all on a voluntary basis!  Thanks

Offline bert56

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »
Thanks Mark for organising a really true adventure.

Bert

Offline scoot

• Tent User
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 06:35:13 AM »
Thanks again to everyone that made it happen. William and I had a ball. Haven't seen him have you Mark? I was getting fuel in Innisfail and suddenly he wasn't there ...

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 06:39:18 AM »
Thanks again to everyone that made it happen. William and I had a ball. Haven't seen him have you Mark? I was getting fuel in Innisfail and suddenly he wasn't there ...

He said he wants to stay with the girls as its like a motel there  :D

Mark
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:51:49 AM by McGirr »
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »
Mark,

Like many others, Kay and I wouldn't have dared do anything like your Cape trip on our own.
We had an absolute blast. The memories and friendships from the trip are very special.
Many thanks to you, and also to the recovery crew, for providing the opportunity for us to experience the Cape.

Cheers,
Geoff and Kay
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline bjf

• Tent User
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 08:53:35 PM »
Many thanks Mark for another excellent adventure  :cup:, as well as to the recovery crew for getting us thru and to the crew dude for his entertaining stories  :cheers: