Author Topic: Are the Aussie's that bad or the Pommy's that good?  (Read 4585 times)

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
Are the Aussie's that bad or the Pommy's that good?
« on: December 06, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »
Bring on the torrential rain Adelaide because that is the only thing thats gunna save us from an ass reeming  :-[
We might have had some chance of regaining some badly needed confidence if Clark didnt edge one before stumps  >:(

They must be laughing that hard at us over in Pommyland.
If Australia some how (but Unlikely) gets up and regains the Ashes, it will be the sweetest victory of all because at the moment i reckon Aust Womens Cricket side would give more resistance.

Are we really that bad or are the Pommy's that good? A bit of both i reckon.
Credits given where its due.

Cmon Ricky, grab a tape of that famous Century Steve Waugh snagged Several years ago at the SCG and inspire us all.

Cheers John
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Are the Aussie's that bad or the Pommy's that good?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:22:17 PM »
Yep the only way to win a test match is to take 20 wickets. With our current bowling line up there's no chance. The Poms came here with the right attitude and it shows. If North doesn't fire tomorrow he may well have played his last test.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
I think it's a bit of both, the poms are very good at the moment and Australia are rebuiding their bowling attack, remember it was the other way around not so long ago.

I know one thing, I don't think Michael Clarke is captain material, I think they need to find someone else and fast.

Baz.
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline GSK33

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Tent
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »
Bad luck boys..........  :'(

Offline coffs camping

• Tent User
  • We are three - Mum, Ms.15 and Mr.9
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 12:10:28 PM »
I was going to make a response about the Aussie womens cricket team comment but then I looked at Black Diamonds profile pic and decided against it.

C'mon Aussie (girls), C'mon!

J
Love weekend camping whenever we can in our 2002 Cub Spacematic (Transcontinental Pack) with the 80series LC. See you out there!! J

Offline albany_nomads

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Dylan..Mans best friend
    • John Grant Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 12:34:48 PM »
A couple of years ago we had so friends over from USA for Christmas new year..and i was trying to explain to them about  "CRICKET".
Anyway i left our friend watching the TV whilst i was attending the BBQ..when I suddenly heard.."John.. John come here quick".....I asked whats the problem..my visitor pointed to the TV and said " finally someone has moved ". ;D..Yeah I replied Cricket is a strange game it can go for week and weeks and weeks and yet they can end in a draw and we even hope for rain sometimes ;D
Kind Regards: John, Nola & Dylan (The Albany Nomads )

MY BLOG:   http://johngrantphotography.wordpress.com/

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 12:44:38 PM »
Ever tried to watch a baseball game ???

Everyone has 3 trys and 9 times to score a run ;D
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 02:22:07 PM »
The Aussies are embarrassing at the moment.  It all started to go downhill once McGrath, Warnie, and Gilchrist departed.  Ponting is unable to give a Captain's knock when needed and our bowling line up is woeful.

Mitchell Johnson (thankfully didn't play this time) should watch a couple tape of McGrath's and get 'line and length' into his thick skull.  In saying that - all the current bowlers should!!

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
I also think we miss along with the old team the ferocious pace of Brett Lee at his best 155K ball after ball. Even if an edge went for four He bowled seem up right and could swing the ball, Christ I can swing a ball better than our current lads.. What has happened to the bowling coach. Where is Warne trying to help the young ones? Maybe he is but why can't we create a new Leggie.

North must go and I agree with all Clark is no longer the golden boy and needs to get back to batting rather than worrying about the game tactics. Steve Smith is a must for then nest test and what about Moises Henriques he's having a  great time with the ball. We have Watson and he is good. I don;t think Phillip Huges is the right opener but what choice.
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Mandrake

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Triple Vaxed and ready to go ANYWHERE ( please )
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »
Cricket -

A game where the side that's OUT has to get the side that's IN , OUT using several OVERs.

Then when the INside is all OUT the OUTside goes IN and becomes the INside .

The former INside becomes the OUTside and tries to get the INside OUT  using several OVERs.

This is repeated until The OUTside has been IN and OUT twice and the INside has been OUT and IN twice and the OVERs are OVER . Except if its a limited OVERs game.

Each Batsman walks OUT to go IN and eventually goes OUT . But only 10 of the 11 Batsmen can get OUT so 1 Batsmen can be still IN even though his side is OUT and the other side won't play with him so he walks off ! Sad really !

A bowler bowls 6 balls in an OVER and then its OVER except if he has no balls then the OVER isn't OVER until the no balls are replaced .

When the Umpire says OVER he doesn't mean its OVER he means its the end of an OVER and everyone swaps ends except the Batsmen because they need to protect their WICKETs -

If a Batsmsn hits a Ball he is allowed to run away as long as the other Batsman takes his place - If this doen't happen and the OUTside throw down the WICKETs then the Batsman is allowed to swear at his team-mate and threaten him with his club or cricket bat and he then goes IN so that the next Batsman can come OUT and go IN while the OUTside tries to get him OUT . 

Clear as MUD really ...

Cheers

Steve
Going back to basics - sort of ...

Offline craigtempo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • welcome to the party that never ends
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 04:04:08 PM »
ALL our star players have recently retired .

they should have bought  these new players through the ranks earlyer and now they are paying the price ....

that's OK though , we,ll come good in a few years .

Craig

Offline morgue

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »
Gone, it is simple as that, can't bat, can't bowl.
Time to get the broom out and start sweeping, start at the top and head south, then give it 5 years to take hold, maybe after then, we may be the higher than the 5th best test cricket nation. But then again, with 20/20, test cricket seems....

Offline bert56

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
I'm with morgue,
cant bowl, cant bat and cant field as well as to arrogant. I believe that after another flogging it will make them realise players need to be picked on current form and not what they did last year.
BERT

Offline ferret

• Tent User
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 05:58:45 PM »
All they had to do was hold out for a few hours till the massive storm hit Adelaide  ???  :'(  >:(
2007 HILUX D4D DUAL CAB
2011 KK PLATINUM

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 07:57:03 PM »
I was going to make a response about the Aussie womens cricket team comment but then I looked at Black Diamonds profile pic and decided against it.

C'mon Aussie (girls), C'mon!

J

;D nothing wrong with the women, we are nothing without you  :-* :-*  :D

The board and selectors need to be held accountable for what is going on, not just the players.
Its an easy escape for the selectors to drop players but the problem starts from the top down and a lot deeper.

Whether we put up a better effort or not, heads need to roll big time in all areas and need to make some hard decisions.

Maybe we are over reacting a tad, its easy to do so on the spur of the moment but its hard to swallow whats happening, especially coming off such a dominant and fruitfull era of Australian cricket.
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline Sixtys Guy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 08:40:18 PM »
When Mcgrath, Warne and Langer retired we replaced them with Clark, McGill and Jacques - and we kept winning. The problems started when Clark, McGill and Jacques stopped playing!

I don't think we are that bad. We have come up against a team that are white hot, had great preparation, no injuries and a hunger to win.

Cricket Australia should have a good look at themselves. The English arrived early this year and played three 1st class games against quality opposition. This while we rushed from England to India to Aus to play three meaningless one day games against Sri Lanka (why did we play these games?). Now England are playing another 1st class game against Victoria before the 3rd test and our players are not playing any games.

The selectors have made some questionable decisions:

Hauritz for Doherty - Hauritz gets a bad wrap. He's not as bad as some people make out - he's not Warne, but who is. Still the best spinner in the country but a fair way.

Dropping Hilfenhaus - whats going on there? I think he is the best bowler we have. One bad game and he's out? Does Bollinger now get dropped and Hilfenhaus bought back in without him playing a 1st class game since being dropped?

If we replace Katich with Hughes, North with Khawaja, Doherty with Hauritz, Bollinger with Hilfenhaus the team improves. Not sure if the selectors will pull the trigger on 4 changes though.

The other thing is that I'm not sure we need a spinner for every single game - pick the 4 best bowlers I think.

I think this is an exciting time too - plenty of guys will get an opportunity. It's unfortunate that Hazelwood and Starc are injured. I think they would have knocked on the door during this series. Also, McDonald (don't laugh) could have got a guernsey too if he wasn't injured. The guy is hard to score against, gets wickets and scored 3 centuries in two games for Victoria already this year.
2009 Dual Cab Hilux
2009 Southern Cross Canvas Bush Mate