Author Topic: Contemplating the leap into a CT.  (Read 9662 times)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Contemplating the leap into a CT.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 09:20:40 PM »
Tropicbird54 watching bush TV  ( camp fire ) while having a beverage or 2 , then slowly rolling on to the queen size pillow top innerspring  in the CT ,,,,,,, majic . Being glently woken before you have to get up by the pre dawn birds or your nearest & dearest making you a special tea or coffie to start the day . Ofcourse if this dont float the boat , but this is living .,
Go & try the CT & all it offers then try as you will not to get involved in it . Hire before you buy  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 10:40:41 PM »
ordered a Trackabout Safari SV  from Tolga Traders, Sharyn   :D

Ahh thanks for that, i'll have to have a look into this Tolga Traders, might be worth a run to the t'lands next time i'm home.....

Thanks again.

Seems to be a few of us on here from Cairns......
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »
Barrabart,

You and the family are of course most welcome to drop around and have a look at our Safari Extenda whenever you would like. We're on the south side of town. I can't speak highly enough of it - it's superb. With the 10" tent it would be a good size for your tribe. If you wanted more room, you could always look at either a 12" tent, or a drawbar-side room for even more space.

For a very cost-effective entry, there's a couple of really good-looking second hand Trackabouts in the classifieds here at the moment. Rockman's been trying to sell his with the 12" tent, and he's here in Cairns as well :
http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=9955.0

And Missi's DT from Bris looks like a very tidy unit for not much money at all:
http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=9676.0

Drop me a PM if you want to pop around one weekend to look at ours. We can take it around to a park and set it up to give you a demo in how easy and quick it is. Always happy to help out a fellow Cairns 'swagger!

Thanks!
Matto :)

PS - I'll even bring the rum!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 10:05:39 AM by Matto »
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 12:58:39 PM »
While your looking dont forget to consider the side fold, rear fold or stepup aspects and the footprint they take up if in restrictive areas like caravan parks.  I used to have a side fold but have now gone to rear fold and it works better for me.

Wil
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 02:55:22 PM »
Barrabart,

You and the family are of course most welcome to drop around and have a look at our Safari Extenda whenever you would like. We're on the south side of town. I can't speak highly enough of it - it's superb. With the 10" tent it would be a good size for your tribe. If you wanted more room, you could always look at either a 12" tent, or a drawbar-side room for even more space.

For a very cost-effective entry, there's a couple of really good-looking second hand Trackabouts in the classifieds here at the moment. Rockman's been trying to sell his with the 12" tent, and he's here in Cairns as well :
http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=9955.0

And Missi's DT from Bris looks like a very tidy unit for not much money at all:
http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=9676.0

Drop me a PM if you want to pop around one weekend to look at ours. We can take it around to a park and set it up to give you a demo in how easy and quick it is. Always happy to help out a fellow Cairns 'swagger!

Thanks!

G'day Matto,

Thanks for that mate, and yeah i've already checked out the 2 CT you speak of. I've had a yarn to Rockman already as i only found it for sale last Sunday, never had time to go and have a look as i was on my last couple of days at home before returning to work, all happened a bit quick if you know what i mean.
I might take you up on your kind offer and take a look at your's first hand as i haven't even seen one close up and personal yet, though from all the info i've sourced so far the Trackabout's are were i'm leaning towards as i haven't seen a negative comment regarding their quality or helpfulness from the trackabout team, also they do just look like such good value for money..... with a few floating around the second hand market, i'll be trying to grab one of these, might as well save a few bucks i've told Rockman if his is still available in a couple of weeks when i'm home i'll be coming around for a look but thats about the best i can do regarding his CT at the moment, but if it sells no dramas there always be another one pop up, and who knows you might even convince me to lash out and buy a brand new shiny one............ rum can have that effect, hehehee
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline LJs GU

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • My Camel has 3 little humps...
    • The Jackson 5 On Tour
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 03:12:23 PM »
In that case, I'm coming up too... from Melbourne.
I'll bring the Camel and we can have duelling campers at ten paces.  ;D
LJ
I'm not so good with advice... can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »
Sounds good to me LJ - the more the merrier!

Drop me a PM when you're back at home Barrabart, and we can tee something up.

Beware though - we started out in your boat - and were looking to pick up a second hand DT locally for around $8k. From there we went to a second hand Safari, then to a new DT, then a new Safari, and eventually ended up with the new, fully loaded Safari Extenda! Couldn't be happier, to be honest, and it's worth every cent. Like you say, they're awesome value for money when you work out what you're actually getting. Plus these Trackabouts are absolutely bombproof to boot. As I've said before, why anyone buys a non-extenda trailer these days, I'll never know!

As far as convincing you to buy a new one, I might even give ours a wash before you arrive, just to make it extra-blingy for you!  ;D ;D

Wil also makes a good point - Rear-fold campers can have good advantages of fitting on standard caravan sites without any additional issues, if that's something that you do a lot of. We were originally looking for a soft-floor rear-fold because I wanted the ability to hang out over the end of the bed, and didn't like having to climb over the top of the other person to get out of bed. We solved both problems for us with the Extenda-style trailer.

Thanks!
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.