Author Topic: With today's technology, I cannot believe they haven't.....  (Read 26841 times)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: With today's technology, I cannot believe they haven't.....
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
Looks like the locals have been helping themselves..  ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline chillipepperz

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 11:20:08 PM »
I can't belive people still think we need to spend billions laying cable when in bum**** Victoria (puckapunyal ) when everybody on base is using 4g and you can still get 35mb download speeds.

I agree! Here I am in Pt Lincoln tonight on 4G pulling 13mb download when at home in Strathalbyn I can barely get 2mb on my ADSL2+ and by the end of the year I will have NBN access that will provide me with more speed than I probably need...why all the expense dropping that fibre cable in the ground when we should be going wireless...
Alumina Hardtop Camper Build: http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=22809.0

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 11:55:50 PM »
I agree! Here I am in Pt Lincoln tonight on 4G pulling 13mb download when at home in Strathalbyn I can barely get 2mb on my ADSL2+ and by the end of the year I will have NBN access that will provide me with more speed than I probably need...why all the expense dropping that fibre cable in the ground when we should be going wireless...

And here I am in an inner city suburb with adsl1 and in a mobile deadspot. Yeah 4g works if you are near a tower. Wireless has it's use but we don't have the frequencies to cover everyone and everywhere. Be warned contention ratios will max out wireless all too soon.
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline Darcy7

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The plumage doesn't enter into it.....!
    • RVeeThereYet.com
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 11:24:47 AM »

And here I am in an inner city suburb with adsl1 and in a mobile deadspot. Yeah 4g works if you are near a tower. Wireless has it's use but we don't have the frequencies to cover everyone and everywhere. Be warned contention ratios will max out wireless all too soon.

Same.....for some reason when we travel through Ascott Vale in Melbourne, we loose mobile phone coverage of any network.

Bizarre...!

Visit our blog at WWW.RVeeThereYet.com

Offline olddigger

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 12:55:56 AM »
A supermarket trolley that goes in a straight line.

An egg carton that stops eggs breaking.

Cheers, Tony

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 04:40:21 AM »
    ;D  Shut Up The WINGERS    ;D    >:D   :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Mik01

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Scenic Rim 4x4
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 06:28:29 AM »
Cure for cancer. I mean really, it's got to be the most prevalent disease on the planet. You would think all the eggheads would have worked it out by now
Contact me for special MySwag prices on 4x4 accessories!
http://scenicrim4x4.com.au

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 06:35:23 AM »
I can't believe with all the current technology in hybrid cars (Toyota Prius) that they are still unable to do the speed limit.  All of them seem to go 10 below in the right lane...

Offline Darcy7

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The plumage doesn't enter into it.....!
    • RVeeThereYet.com
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2014, 09:25:37 AM »
well at least commercial space tourism is a step closer:

Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo rocket plane was set loose on Thursday over California's Mojave Desert for a gliding test flight — and although its hybrid rocket motor wasn't lit up, the pilots checked out the propulsion system's plumbing for a future blast.

Visit our blog at WWW.RVeeThereYet.com

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »

I wouldn't hold your breath on that if the Govt has their way, apparently we don't need it ???
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline grafy82

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:10 AM »
A diesel bowser hand piece that doesn't leak. >:(
My Trailer Build
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=16864.0

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet. - Julius Caesar

Offline HKB Electronics

• Hard Top Camper User
  • www.hkbelect.com
    • HKB Electronics
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »
Cure for cancer. I mean really, it's got to be the most prevalent disease on the planet. You would think all the eggheads would have worked it out by now

The same reason there will never be a cure for any disease, the drug companies, the ones with the money don't
want to cure anything, they just want to develop expensive drugs that can control the disease and sell them to
you for the rest of your life. The days of a researcher working away to find a cure and then giving it to the world
are gone, everything has to be patentable or there not interested. Why do you think there was such a race to
map the human genome, private enterprise wanted to get there first and copywright and patent it.

There's simply no money in a one off pill that would cure cancer for example, so it will never happen unless
some dedicated privately funded researcher finds it and gives it to the world.
HKB Electronics, manufacturer of the Alternator Voltage Boosters

Offline Paul Mac

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Bolwell Edge
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
I can't believe there hasn't been a mobile phone disabler installed in all modern cars to automatically turn off mobile phones once your car has been turned on. Your phone could still ring however, you wouldn't be able to answer it until you have parked and turned off your car. How many lives would that save? ???

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2014, 12:19:17 PM »

The same reason there will never be a cure for any disease, the drug companies, the ones with the money don't
want to cure anything, they just want to develop expensive drugs that can control the disease and sell them to
you for the rest of your life. The days of a researcher working away to find a cure and then giving it to the world
are gone, everything has to be patentable or there not interested. Why do you think there was such a race to
map the human genome, private enterprise wanted to get there first and copywright and patent it.

There's simply no money in a one off pill that would cure cancer for example, so it will never happen unless
some dedicated privately funded researcher finds it and gives it to the world.

Actually the problem is that i cant believe that in drug manufacturing that they will not accept computer modelling and you still have to go through 25 odd years of human and animal trials before FDA approval. The reason why nothing like cancer or diabeties cures get done is because the payoff under the current approval regieme is so far away no investor will go the distance

I Drink & I Know Things

Offline MattNQ

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • The smartist formerly known as Skypig
    • My website
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2014, 12:30:01 PM »
..progressed with electronic voting rather than everyone rocking up to tick a paper ballot

..improved the tase of xxxx gold

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »
I can't believe it took the US 10 years to find Osama bin laden & yet every time I walk into the pub swmbo rings & asks where I am. I also can't understand why the terrorists all have mobiles but they still manage the beheading of a jour no ???
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2014, 01:26:02 PM »
Got an E-tag smart rego system that can be used on several  listed / authorised cars   [ similar to a dealers liscence plate ] and only pay the one rego, for people that have a classic or occasional use car ..

Offline fridayman

• Tent User
    • TRIP TALES
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »
We didn't - biggest con job of the century.  They filmed two men in a studio just to say they beat the Russians. Why didn't the Russians ever do it - because they couldn't.

THIS is worth watching
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:40:40 PM by fridayman »

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2014, 02:06:54 PM »
Quote from: JCOJ
We didn't - biggest con job of the century.  They filmed two men in a studio just to say they beat the Russians. Why didn't the Russians ever do it - because they couldn't
... the longer this goes on and the more I hear about it the more I believe this now..
otherwise they would have been back by now..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 02:10:30 PM »

because if everyone was using wireless and no-one was using fixed line broadband, your wireless pipe (and it is just a pipe) would be really full, really quickly and your 13mb download would become a 1mb download just as quickly.

wireless cannot compete with fibre-based technologies.  it's physics, pure and simple.

you might not need the speed that fibre can bring, but business, education and health are three pretty big areas that will gobble up that speed and put it to good use.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »
... the longer this goes on and the more I hear about it the more I believe this now..
otherwise they would have been back by now..

why must we go back?  why is that the theorists rebuttal?

so if it is fake, why is it that no-one, out of the thousands of people that were involved in this project, has said anything to the contrary?  in the world we live in, it seems strange that no-one has come out and categorically proved that the landing was a hoax.

there is plenty of factual evidence that we did go there, but no factual evidence that it was a hoax.  plenty of theories, but they are just that: theories.

give me some factual proof that is it a hoax and i might reconsider.

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »
I can't believe there hasn't been a mobile phone disabler installed in all modern cars to automatically turn off mobile phones once your car has been turned on. Your phone could still ring however, you wouldn't be able to answer it until you have parked and turned off your car. How many lives would that save? ???

Apperantly Samsung has an app what does exactly this.
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:44:17 PM by edz »

Offline Elky

• Tent User
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »
A couch that has a built in beer fridge with Internet portal to order more beer when stocks are low.....
2010 TTD Landcruiser, i have added stuff but can't remember what! Slowly gettin quicker at setting up the brumby but breaking camp is another matter....

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:15:22 PM by edz »