Author Topic: Collapsible Cupboards  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
Collapsible Cupboards
« on: May 18, 2014, 07:45:09 PM »
SWMBO is wanting to buy a new collapsible cupboard. We had a look at the Coleman, Companion and Oztrail on the weekend, but before she commits to a purchase she wants to get an idea of what brands others have had success with. Any recommendations?

Cheers, Paul
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB

nbd73

Re: Collapsible Cupboards
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 07:55:21 PM »
Got the oztrail on sale from camping downunder for $99 reduced from $140. Couldn't be happier. Any of the major brands will be good, why look elsewhere? Buying a camping cupboard is not a life changing event.

Marschy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 07:56:30 PM »
We have a Wild Country pantry. Best advice I can give is get one with a shelf on top of the cupboard

scarps

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
We've got the 4 shelf companion model

Offline Streetkid

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 08:03:08 PM »
We used ours one time only and never touched it again, we couldn't see the point in double handling what we put in it. Maybe if you do long stays it would be worth the stuffing around. Just my opinion.
Happy Customline owner

Offline Dion

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 10:35:03 PM »
We used ours one time only and never touched it again, we couldn't see the point in double handling what we put in it. Maybe if you do long stays it would be worth the stuffing around. Just my opinion.

Same here!  Ours sits at home, and will only get thrown in again if we go somewhere and stay for a week.

I suppose it's like when you stay a hotel - we only unpack from our suitcases into the cupboards if we're there for 4-5 days.  Otherwise live out of the suitcase.  Yet we know people who will unpack even for an overnighter.
2017 Y62 Patrol
2009 Lifestyle Extenda

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 10:43:11 PM »

Yep

Sent from the machine that goes..... Bing!

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 04:02:32 AM »
We've got 2 of the folding variety, one for food & the other for clothes. Take no time to set up & everything is neat & tidy.
Cheers, Mike.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 08:42:46 AM »
We have a Wild Country pantry. Best advice I can give is get one with a shelf on top of the cupboard

That's what the wife wanted. As well as being able to pack down to nothing. The. Coleman seemed to tick both boxes here.
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB