Author Topic: Bedding.  (Read 2522 times)

Offline dunebuggy

• Swag User
    • Yakass Coastal Kayak Fishing
Bedding.
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:17:40 AM »
Is there such an animal???

Ok, not sure where this one should go so I'm throwing the question up here in the general section. When we choose our camper we would occasionally like to take my 80 year old mum out with us and we will have the main bed, hopefully queen size, to sleep in but I will need something for mum that will go in the annex. Herein lies the problem. I need her to be comfortable of course but, It needs to be wider than the skinny camp stretcher/hammock things I remember using as a kid, and it has to be higher so she can get in and out easily and of course, it has to be stable.

So I ask the question ..... Does such an animal exist?

Please help. 
"Life is a Journey - NOT a Guided Tour"

Offline jpak

• Swag User
Re: Bedding.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:23:24 AM »
Try Roothys extra wide camp bed - was looking at getting a couple for us - think they are about 900 wide - might do the job. Just google it as I can't remember the link.  Saw it on a dvd from one of the camper mags. Chers John

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:15:43 AM »
Are you going to powered sites. There is an air matress that has a built in pump that is around 500-600mm high. I don't think you get them from camping shops as they are marketed more towards a spare bed for home for visitors.

Offline Renno

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:23:03 AM »
We have had an  Aerobed for a while, was our main bed when tent camping and now a handy spare bed for guests. The baffles in it a really good. You should be able to check it out in Domain or similar store to try. Probably find cheaper on line. The inbuilt pump was handy. Needs a inverter if you want to pump it up from car.
Cheers
Shaun :cheers:  

Offline bussoboy

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Wanting to travel before all the roads are sealed
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »
we bought a raised inflatable airbed from Anaconda for when we have the MIL camping with us.........haven't had to use it in the CT yet but it has spent several days on the back deck at home and not gone down or needed any extra air in it......... I just pumped it up with my portable arb air compressor - most comfy for an arvo sleep in the sun
2011 GXL 200 Series & 2017 Kokoda Endure 111

Offline Chippy76

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • :D
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »
I have a queen size version of one of these ..... it is very comfy and handy! They can often be picked up on sale for ALOT cheaper than this ....

http://www.oztrail.com.au/WebPage.gtl?Product=FBI-ASB-A?currentgroup=ZZZ007?currentsubgroup=ANYWHERE

Cheers Chippy :D
"All ice is thin ...cross only when necessary" - Buck Tilton

Offline dunebuggy

• Swag User
    • Yakass Coastal Kayak Fishing
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
Thanks folks. I must say that I like the look of that oztrail bed. I would want to find somewhere that has one set up so mum could try it out. The height is perfect and it certainly looks stable enough. Thanks for the help everyone.   :cheers:
"Life is a Journey - NOT a Guided Tour"