Author Topic: Handy website not just for boating  (Read 2387 times)

Offline dorey76

• Soft Floor Camper User
Handy website not just for boating
« on: February 28, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »
Since I bought the boat I have been shopping around for stuff to modify it to better suit our needs and found this website

www.biasboating.com.au

Just thought I'd share it with you guys as I think there is lots of good stuff for modifying a camper trailer. Heaps of 12V gear and plumbing stuff as well as trailer parts. They deliver anywhere as well and quickly. I ordered a heap of suff for the boat trailer on a Monday and had it in my hand on Wednesday except for a couple of parts that weren't in stock in Darwin but had to be sent from Gosford. The parts from Gosford arrived on the Friday. Hope someone else finds it as handy as I did.
GU Patrol 4.2td with enough fruit to keep me happy for a while, Trackabout Safari, an old HSV as my on-road toy when the weather is fine and a 4.75m SeaJay for the barra.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Handy website not just for boating
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »
and http://whitworths.com.au/

Boat = break out another thousand
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline jack98

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:44:28 PM »
BOATING COST MORE THAN I THOUGHT AS I BOUGHT ONE 4 YRS AGO HAS COST ME THOUSANDS NOW THINKING OF SELLING AND BUYING A CAMPER  HOPE THIS IS A BIT CHEAPER THAN BOATING

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »
Best 2 days of a boat owners life, the day you buy it and the day you sell it :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline waz65

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 08:59:47 PM »
Since I bought the boat I have been shopping around for stuff to modify it to better suit our needs and found this website

www.biasboating.com.au

Just thought I'd share it with you guys as I think there is lots of good stuff for modifying a camper trailer. Heaps of 12V gear and plumbing stuff as well as trailer parts. They deliver anywhere as well and quickly. I ordered a heap of suff for the boat trailer on a Monday and had it in my hand on Wednesday except for a couple of parts that weren't in stock in Darwin but had to be sent from Gosford. The parts from Gosford arrived on the Friday. Hope someone else finds it as handy as I did.
I got a lot of gear for my boat from bias a lot cheaper than BCF
2000 Patrol TD4.2T with heaps of stuff
2007 Bayside Campers Offroad CT with mods

Offline dorey76

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »
Best 2 days of a boat owners life, the day you buy it and the day you sell it :)
That's not the case here, for me you can't beat a day floating around a billabong in Kakadu fishing with a few good mates and a few cold beers.

Definately cheaper than BCF and when I compared prices to Whitworths it was cheaper again.
GU Patrol 4.2td with enough fruit to keep me happy for a while, Trackabout Safari, an old HSV as my on-road toy when the weather is fine and a 4.75m SeaJay for the barra.

Offline DANBRI

• "Canvas Undies Never Die"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.campingaustralia.org
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 09:09:13 PM »
Everyone says boating is expensive, to purchase they are expensive but general upkeep and the odd accessory I reckon they are cheaper than 4wding by a long shot. I've owned stacks of boats, each boat I have decked out and probably spent 1-3k max. Think about the 4wd, easily sucking 20k in accessories...

A boat service, $400-700 per year. A 4wd - tyres, etc etc big $$.

4wding is expensive, boating is cheap.

I use Whitworths, Bias and Ovesco.