Author Topic: Tekonsha Voyager brake control green light stays on.  (Read 5003 times)

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
Tekonsha Voyager brake control green light stays on.
« on: February 26, 2011, 05:33:41 PM »
Hi there
I have a Monterey with a Tekonsha Voyager brake controller, and the electric brakes on the camper trailer seem to work fine.
I connected a horse float with electric brakes to the car, and when the trailer plug is connected, with no ignition on, the Tekonsha green light stays on. If I pull the trailer plug, it goes off.
Anyone know why????
If the car ignition is off, I would have thought no power was going to the trailer plug, and no need for the brake controller to go on, but hey, I'm more of a carpenter than an auto electrician.
Cheers and thanks
Ian

Offline jp63

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Tekonsha Voyager brake control green light stays on.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 05:51:11 PM »
the green light is just an indication that the trailer is connected if the light doesn't come on when the trailer is connected then you have a problem with the brakes

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 08:48:33 PM »
the green light is just an indication that the trailer is connected if the light doesn't come on when the trailer is connected then you have a problem with the brakes
If that is all it is, colour me happy.
I haven't noticed it on with the camper trailer. I guess I'll have to connect it now to see if the light is on with that. I might not have noticed for three years.
Thanks
Ian

Offline jimsiron

• Swag User
  • 2010 Challenger LS manual, 2011 Discovery OB
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
Terravistsa,
Electric brakes are live wired via the controller and battery source, ignition switch does not turn off power supply. The green light is always displayed when you connect the trailer and draws absolute minimum power. Depending on what unit you have, a light will also glow when you apply the brakes even without a trailer attached.
regards
Jimsiron