Author Topic: Camper Trailer Mag issue 38  (Read 12211 times)

Offline barneys

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • vegetarian old indian word meaning bad hunter
Re: Camper Trailer Mag issue 38
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »
just a little confused
reading letters of the month  from the suttons
they ask about the chicken skewer recipe about table spoon of baby
the ed  starts of saying that the recipe was attached to CTA  .and that CTT dose not condone cooking of baby's .
so is this mad cta or ctt so confused . or am i just being anal

Offline bullfrog

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 07:00:07 PM »
Got a copy today & had a read. Top job Duchy, made me feel like we were back out on the edge of the Lake, sharing a frothy chop   :cheers: ,watching the sun sink into the water...... Geez I wanna go back!! :cheers:
GQ 4.2d;usual off road goodies;h/made fridge slide /roller draw system;cago barriersetc. Tows a '06 trackabout deluxe tourer with some safari options.

Offline Duchess

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "Its not as hard as you think, you know."
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »
Yes, got a copy today myself and it looks great. I'm really happy with it! Even better, there are other swaggers in the mag too and how awesome is it to have the Myswag logo over our articles! Hey Brett...hows that for a free plug for the forum!!

Bullfrog...I'm with you...wish we were out there again too and am in the middle of planning our next trip but darn it...the bloody tide just Won't. Go. Out!!

"I've got one job on this ship. It's stupid but I'm going to do it!"

www.duchessandthedukeontour.blogspot.com.au

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 07:28:34 PM »
I presume this is in CTA issue 38 ???.....but it looks like issue 37 has not long been out.......or are we a bit backward down this neck of the woods ????
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline bullfrog

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 07:29:51 PM »
Yep, it was a great run & to see that country look like that was a bonus. Will have to get next edition so I can see how the 2nd  1/2 half goes. I know how our's did, but yours is another story. :cheers:
GQ 4.2d;usual off road goodies;h/made fridge slide /roller draw system;cago barriersetc. Tows a '06 trackabout deluxe tourer with some safari options.

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »
Hey Tam,

Does all this mean you want to upgrade from "Duchess"?

Always knew you had the "gift"

Regards

Mark
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Duchess

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »
Nah, Hemi...Princesses don't get to have as much fun as Duchess's do!   :angel:

Offline bullfrog

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »
 ??? Dunno about " great adventurer" GD , I fade into insignificance compared to your exploits.You must have me confused with someone else.

Offline Tadpole

• Swag User
  • Offsider to Bullfrog
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 07:39:36 AM »
Princesses don't get to have as much fun as Duchess's do!   :angel:

they don't get in to as much trouble either....must have something to do with the maturity  ;D....
Finally got the mag off Bullfrog and had so much fun reading...was like we were back there, forgot about the kids txt each other....can't wait for the 2nd part.....
not sure where our next big trip is going to be, will have to get the maps out and start planning, Bullfrog that is, I just suggest where I might like to go and after gentle persuasion he starts plotting and planning which route we will take....we have great teamwork  :cheers:

great article Duch.....

Judy
I wanna go camping.......:}

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 07:54:22 AM »
or are we a bit backward down this neck of the woods ????

Yep  >:D >:D
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
??? Dunno about " great adventurer" GD , You must have me confused with someone else.

Here's proof, big fella.  Thanks Judy for adding to my appraisal.

I just suggest where I might like to go and after gentle persuasion he starts plotting and planning which route we will take....

Judy

Like the Great Adventurer that he is.

Offline darren

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius"
    • CampingAustralia.org
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »
Yes...that other publication... ;D

Ok...so it was a kind of bizarre and funny story that needs to be told. It might as well be here.

I had sent off the Coolah Tops story not long after we did that trip to CTT and after a couple of months kind of had given up ever hearing that they had even received the story, let alone read it. So, I remembered that CTA had been sniffing around here for stories and so hunted up that thread and sent of an email. Got a pretty quick reply and it was all on for young and old...lo and behold, I'm published in a national mag not once but a two parter!! Happy with that...YES!!

You couldn't have laid money on this...

Literally, and I have the emails to prove it...the day after I have arranged everything with CTA, the other mag emails me to tell me that they're going to publish the Coolah Tops story.

True story...

;D

SO, not to, well, you know, brag too much about this...but you guys will get to read me in both CTA and CTT...

Now, get in line everyone... ;D

In response to request CTA made on my swag, prior to out high country trip I contacted Carlisle Rogers in regard to us writing a story on our upcoming trip. He replied with seemingly great interest and asked a few questions about it. I replied then I never heard from him again.
 So Carlisle Rogers can shove his magazine up his a#se and we just posted the trip for free on My Swag for everyone to read for free without someone trying to sell stuff to you in between
Living the Dream.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 10:35:13 AM »
Darren, there appears to be a lag time of approx 6 months from recieving a story to printing it ??

Someones either got a very full inbox, or they spend too much time staring out the window instead of doing some work !!!! >:D >:D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Duchess

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 12:09:20 PM »
Darren, I dealt with Rachael, not Carlisle...and had no issues at all, though I do think that they were keen to fill up the magazine for this month, hence why she jumped on my story.

Glad you enjoyed the read so far, Tadpole!

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 12:53:20 PM »
Darren, there appears to be a lag time of approx 6 months from recieving a story to printing it ??

Someones either got a very full inbox, or they spend too much time staring out the window instead of doing some work !!!! >:D >:D

Both Rachael and Carlisle operate in a very professional fashion. If they ask for an article is generally in the next mag. That Canning story was emailed to Rachael on the 3rd of Feb. No 6 month waits at CTA..

I think some of us would shocked at the work load these guys take on to produce this magazine. It's the original camper trailer mag and has been reporting on our favourite passtime for almost 4 years. 2 years before the mag factory got on the band wagon.

Darren, if Carlise didn't reply, I'd suspect your email slipped though to the keeper due to the pace at which he oporates. Could have also been during the period where he uprooted his family and moved them from Vic to the SE Qld.. It happens..

HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING

Offline darren

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius"
    • CampingAustralia.org
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2011, 03:17:29 PM »
Anyway,, there loss. My swags gain..
Living the Dream.

Offline Carlisle Rogers

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • www.4wdtouring.com.au
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »
Darren,

You're right, mate. It is our loss. And apologies for not getting back. Even Joff, whose writing and photography both blow me away, rarely gets a direct email these days. My wife is lucky to get the occasional text message. I'm thinking about looking into that 'sexting' thing that the kids are doing. I might need a new phone, though.

Cheers for getting in touch, though. And I do look forward to reading about your trip here on MySwag, free of charge.

Carlisle

Anyway,, there loss. My swags gain..
Living the Dream

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2011, 04:00:33 PM »
And I do look forward to reading about your trip here on MySwag, free of charge.

Carlisle

Carlisle if you missed it try this link:- VICTORIAN HIGH COUNTRY The "You can't tow a camper trailer through there!" Tour

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2011, 04:07:34 PM »
As awesome an effort as it was, I actually think it is a good thing it wasn't published. You guys planned it well and had all the gear to get you out of strife and knew what you were doing, well sometimes :) Could you imagine the copy cats tearing up those tracks and the recoveries the local authorities would have to undertake if it was published.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »
I have just finished reading CTA 38 , Im not in this month but its still a great mag . Very nice to see Swaggers in the thick of it  , well done Duchess Great read . Good to see thing happening out there again after fire , flood , cyclone & locasts Keep up the good work  :cup: :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 09:38:43 AM »
Darren,

You're right, mate. It is our loss. And apologies for not getting back. Even Joff, whose writing and photography both blow me away, rarely gets a direct email these days. My wife is lucky to get the occasional text message. I'm thinking about looking into that 'sexting' thing that the kids are doing. I might need a new phone, though.

Cheers for getting in touch, though. And I do look forward to reading about your trip here on MySwag, free of charge.

Carlisle

Just make sure you send the sexting thing to correct recipient  :D
HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING