Author Topic: Doug Sunderland's story.  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Doug Sunderland's story.
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
G'day all,

I thought this was worth sharing, this was on Australian Story last night, it's the story of an 85 yr old Aussie legend called Doug Sunderland...... he's traveled most the world on bikes, i think mostly in the last decade or so....... Anyway even if motor cycles aren't your thing, i reckon we all share a common love of getting out there and seeing the world with this fella.

It's a good yarn and worth a look.

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/?series=2299111#/series/2299111
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Doug Sunderland's story.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:23:46 AM »
Yes an amazing character.
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline crispy

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 04:59:43 PM »
hi all i have ridden bikes since i was 16 now 51 ,this fella is an inspiration i dont rekon i could have done it at his age maybe not even now , all i can say is well done doug and keep riding ,i think it is something about the freedom a motorcycle gives you, not trapped inside a steel can, amazed at how he camps by his bike when the sun is two fingers above the horizon .
crispy ;D   

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:10:46 PM »
hi all i have ridden bikes since i was 16 now 51 ,this fella is an inspiration i dont rekon i could have done it at his age maybe not even now , all i can say is well done doug and keep riding ,i think it is something about the freedom a motorcycle gives you, not trapped inside a steel can, amazed at how he camps by his bike when the sun is two fingers above the horizon .
crispy ;D   

Yeah mate, the $2 shop blue tarp on the ground wouldn't do me, and i'm half his age.......... hard not to like the old fella though, good on him and may he kkep his two wheels spinnin' for a few more years yet.........
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!