Author Topic: Aqua Cube hot water shower - who's got one ?.  (Read 5460 times)

Offline rockman

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Live ... then don't
Aqua Cube hot water shower - who's got one ?.
« on: December 12, 2010, 11:07:08 AM »
Anyone have a Aquacube shower system at all ?
By the looks of it , they a series 11 out now .
Just curious if they are worth the money . We had a Coleman 'hot water on demand' prior and found it to be  pian in the freckle , trying to get the temps to stay consistent .
Any opinions .........good or bad .

Cheers

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Aqua Cube hot water shower - who's got one ?.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 11:09:33 AM »

Offline LC

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:12:29 AM »
Bit of extra info on this thread:- Companion Aqua Cube or Coleman Hot Water on Demand?

You beat me to it by 30 secs Gary, was in the process of looking for the same thread!
MY 2016 200 series Sahara
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline bullfrog

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
I don't personally own one, but regularly camp with 2 families who do. I have a Primus  unit & if it gives any trouble, it will be replaced with the Aqua Cube after seeing them being used . IMO they leave the Primus for dead, far easier to use, can stop the water flow & restart agian without having to touch the unit ( no relighting etc ).  The units I refer to would be a couple of years old now, they got them when the Cubes were first released. Both have been trouble free. Hmmmmm, I think my Primus just may develope a fault  over the Xmas camp hehe  >:D:cheers: Bevan.
GQ 4.2d;usual off road goodies;h/made fridge slide /roller draw system;cago barriersetc. Tows a '06 trackabout deluxe tourer with some safari options.

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 02:22:07 PM »

We love ours!  To keep water temperature constant, we fill a bucket and recycle the water through it for 5 or 10 minutes, then have our showers.  I think there is an issue with all systems of this type.  Once the gas cuts out so does the hot water.  We have ours set to the lowest temp when showering and crank it to high to heat the bucket initally. 

Bear in mind that we only use it and the ensuite when in company.  Otherwise it's the kettle on the Ozpig to heat the water and cup it over.

However, we do think they are the Bees Knees for showering.  The shower head is like one from home, and has an on - off switch on it, so that you can use it without relying on having a second person to keep things operating.  We purchased ours from Anaconda at 20% off regular retail, and due to being a club member, got a further 20% off that!  Made it the cheapest one out there for us.

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline BV007

• Swag User
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »
I bought mine yesterday after Bigjules gave me a demo of his new one. I've tested it today and I'm quite impressed. Surprisingly good water flow, heats quickly. Leaves our old Primus unit for dead, no pilot light to worry about and a much more powerful flow. If you get one, make sure it's the Series 2. Paid $256 for mine, pretty good value really.

Cheers
Baz
Baz

Landcruiser 200 Series VX TTD V8 with goodies +  2011 Ultimate Elite Camper

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »
I am having second thoughts about taking mine back now. I used it for the first time on Fraser and was terribly disappointed with it, but when Barry came around yesterday I offered to give him a demo and it worked perfectly.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails