Author Topic: GLC's first aid course  (Read 1284 times)

Offline ldsparrow

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • www.1yearoff.com.au
GLC's first aid course
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:28:23 PM »
Myself and my wife did the first aid course GLC was offering (Melbourne based) and it was very good. We went in not knowing anything about first aid and really wanted to get a good understanding for when we were on the road, especially to protect Charlie our 1 year old.  Over the 2 days the course covered a hell of a lot, much more than I was expecting we would cover but it was never done at a rush so we could absorb what we were learning and also practise over and over again the modules such as CPR and bandages etc.  John who taught the course was also very good, having worked as an ambo for many years and then as a first aid educator, so he could get his point across easily and follow it up with examples of how it was done.

I havent done any other first aid courses to benchmark this one against, but I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to do one.
Blog: www.1yearoff.com.au

Offline GLC

• Swag User
    • Give Life Center
Re: GLC's first aid course
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:49:13 PM »
Thanks Lyndon, known John for years and with his experience training Ambos for Rescue and Recovery, thought this would be fantastic for someone going out in an isolated area, as what he doesn't know isn't worth knowing.
Pleased you and your wife had a ball, Sorry I had to be in Beera but it was for a good cause.  Oh and I hear John fixed you up for a first aid kit, hope you never need to use it but at least we know it will meet any challenges the trip might throw at you:)
First aid training and supplies.
First aid is NOT a bandaid solution.

Offline ldsparrow

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • www.1yearoff.com.au
Re: GLC's first aid course
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 06:37:31 PM »
Hi Russell, yes the timing was good for a first aid kit as that was our next purchase so we utilised Johns experience to get it set up right for us.
Blog: www.1yearoff.com.au