Author Topic: Posting Photos for dummies please  (Read 2763 times)

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Posting Photos for dummies please
« on: September 26, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »
I have a string called "World's Slowest Build", which has been going for some years now. I had been posting pictures via the Myswag Galley which I understand recently shat itself and lost all of the images on the string. I emailed Jules about that a week ago but he has not replied.

I am long in the tooth and not flash with computers. But I opened a Goodle Photos account on my very own and uploaded all of the shots.
The I opened each shot that I wanted to put on the string in a separate tab. I then copied the tab into the string using the URL function and for me, the pictures opened fine. But when I log on via another computer, it makes you sign on to Google Photos to see the pics, which is a no no.

In addition, while the pics were opened in their own separate tab, I clicked "Copy image location" and stuck it into the string as an IMG function.

Looks great from my end. But when I log on from another computer, there is no pic and, as I mentioned, the inserted link doesn't work.

So I am wondering if there is a Myswag member kind enough to type out some easy to follow steps as to how to post pictures for the benefit of a 68 year old luddite who is clueless.

Thanks in advance.
Keith

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:18:09 AM by KeithB »
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
Re: Posting Photos for dummies please
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
Hi Keith,
Have you had a read through this thread?
There is a lot of useful info there.
How to insert pictures into a post
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=16378.0
Hope this helps.

:cheers:
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 12:03:17 PM »
I post my pics through this site now that photobucket want a motza to use them.  Doing it from my tablet I have a resizing app I downloaded, I resize the pics I want to use smaller beforehand (640x480 I think i do from memory), then at the bottom of the reply area you write your message in it says ADDITIONAL OPTIONS... click on that and it opens up a section that allows you to attach up to 5 pics at the bottom of your reply, you need to click CHOOSE FILE then find the spot in your device where you have the pics stored that you want to use, then  click on the pic to attach it. Once you attach the pics you can click  more attachments to do the same again another 4 times. If you hit preview to see your thread before posting, I've found you can't see the attached photos until you actually hit post and they show up on your submitted page.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 12:23:29 PM »
Rumpig, which site do you use?
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 01:15:44 PM »
When you click "reply"  it looks something like the 1st pic........

Once the "additional options" is clicked, 2nd pic........

3rd pic, choose your photo(s)

4th should look like with pics added

hope that helps
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline grc

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 05:19:05 PM »
A test

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 05:28:25 PM »
Doc,
I got down to browsing my photos and see how to select them. But I am working in "Modify Mode". How to I insert the pictures into the text?
Many thanks for taking the trouble.
Keith

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 05:36:18 PM »
Doc,
I got down to browsing my photos and see how to select them. But I am working in "Modify Mode". How to I insert the pictures into the text?
Many thanks for taking the trouble.
Keith

unfortunately, you can't see the pic until you hit post. It doesn't appear in preview either.

"modify mode" ??
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 06:12:05 PM »

Does the picture go where the cursor is. That's why I tried with no luck. The Modify thingy is at the top right hand corner of the page next to "Notify Moderator".. It lets you go back to a previous part of the string and make changes. I am trying to put back the pictures that got lost in the Myswag Gallery balls up. Would you like to try to modify your most recent post by adding a picture?
Many thanks
Keith

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 06:50:05 PM »
Rumpig, which site do you use?
can't recall which one it is now sorry, there's heaps of free resizing programs out there.
Be aware that you can't have your pics through out your post when doing it through the site, the pics all get added at the end of your writing
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 07:14:39 PM »
I am assuming as you have google photo's you have google drive, if so, this is a pretty well-explained video of a way to be able to do it.

https://www.bettercloud.com/monitor/the-academy/how-to-host-an-image-from-google-drive/

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »
When you click "reply"  it looks something like the 1st pic........

Once the "additional options" is clicked, 2nd pic........

3rd pic, choose your photo(s)

4th should look like with pics added

hope that helps

When I click on pictures, on the left hand side of your browser, nothing happens?  ???

>:D
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 10:24:43 PM »
I am now hosting via google photo's.

Note how I can insert pics in between text. All I do is open the individual pic on the google pic album by clicking on it, then right click that image and click "copy image location"

Then, on the forum, click the add image icon (below the bold type button). That will add the string (img /img) to your text box - without the brackets but will have [ and ] before/after the img bits. Insert the link you copied above (control + V) between those tags and you will have pics in between your text.

Another one, just because I can  :laugh:

As for the logging on bit, you must have set your account to private. There must be a setting somewhere to make the album public. I will have a look at mine and get back to you.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:31:46 PM by sharkcaver »
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
The following users thanked this post: envee