Author Topic: Arb rooftop tents review and options  (Read 1764 times)

Offline su888

• Swag User
Arb rooftop tents review and options
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:26:18 PM »
Folks, I'm in the market to purchase a rooftop tent for the occasional trip away. There seems to be big $$$ differences between the arb tenth and some other unknown or untested brands. Currently due to my physical location i can't get to view the Tents. Some people had told me that arb don't make the tents in Australia and its a china product and more then likely come out of the same factory as the cheaper brands on the market. Has anyone got an arb tent and care to provide comments on what makes it superior to other tents on the market.

Like every other person on here would like to get it right once.

Offline Burnsy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Arb rooftop tents review and options
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »
If you can find one the first ARB ones made were the go as they had the heavier canvas.  What you have read about most coming out of China now and all being very similar is correct. 

The ducks guts are these if you have the $

http://www.outbackcampers.net.au/roof-toppers-perth Chances are they are on the other side of the continent to you but don't let that stop you, backloaded freight from WA east is amazingly cheap.

Howling Moon (South African) also get a good rap
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:09:08 PM by Burnsy »
2016 GXL 200 Series Cruiser and Modified 2001 TL8 Camprite

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
Re: Arb rooftop tents review and options
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 04:47:35 PM »
We did 6 weeks in a cheapie, nearly 20000 Kim's. not one problem. But you could always end up with a lemon. As long as the flaps are opened up as condensation is a small problem. So unless you are going to keep it, go the copy otherwise get a Hannibal. Or get something Ozzie made. IMO :cheers:
fuji
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎