Author Topic: Leadership spill happened...  (Read 26581 times)

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Leadership spill happened...
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2018, 10:22:53 AM »
Definitely looks like Malcolm's a gonner.
I personally think that we have far too many houses of parliament and far too many politicians per head of population. There just isn't enough talent to go around. And the cream isn't the only thing that floats to the top.
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »
any1 but Dutton
Fairfax Media has confirmed that Treasurer Scott Morrison will contest the leadership.

At this stage, it is unclear if Malcolm Turnbull will step aside to support the effort or stay in the contest himself.

Either way, Morrison's entry would considerably alter the dynamics. It is likely some of Peter Dutton's votes would bleed to the Treasurer.

WOW

I have just moved that Peter Dutton’s eligibility be referred to the High Court. #auspol voting now

Motion defeated 69-68
The motion is defeated – just. 69 beats 68.
Labor tantalised by how close it was.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:52:32 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2018, 11:05:47 AM »
Morrison has his hand up now, Dutton is no certainty
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2018, 11:54:11 AM »
And then we’ll have another PM again early next year.

I know there’s a lot of stupid people that just vote on their party line no matter how incompetent their local candidate is (eg; Peter Slipper), but surely they can’t be that dumb to re-elect this mob after all of this rubbish that’s just been going on...

The issue is you generally have to pick the least worst option, and the opposition has done it all before, Shorton was actually one of the main players behind the beginning of the musical chairs prime ministership, the libs are just copying the swap the leader tatic that was originally the NSW labour tatic, then federal Labor and now the libs are having a crack at it as well.

Offline Gazza00

• Tent User
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2018, 12:17:45 PM »
This Australian political farce must be the laughing stock of the world.
There’s been more takeovers and party changes than a lot of the busted arse third world countries
They only difference here ( unfortunately) is that they don’t shoot the useless pricks that the next mob replace

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2018, 12:33:47 PM »
The latest is that Scott Morrison will stand against Dutton.
I cannot see Scott in a serious light because he remind me of Paul from Spin City.

At least no-one is burning tyres or violently protesting, wait Melbourne will probably after the vote winner is identified. ;D
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »
At best it appears as if we won’t know who is running the country till after midday tomorrow, Turnbull is waiting for the letter to arrive that shows the majority of his party don’t support him (hasn’t happened yet)...then if he gets it he’ll call a meeting for tomorrow....let the circus continue

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2018, 02:20:48 PM »
At best it appears as if we won’t know who is running the country till after midday tomorrow, Turnbull is waiting for the letter to arrive that shows the majority of his party don’t support him (hasn’t happened yet)...then if he gets it he’ll call a meeting for tomorrow....let the circus continue
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »
...... and ya reckon the other mob are any better?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No, not at all.
Our whole political system is seriously f**** up right now, and has been since Howard got punted.

My issue is the sheeple that vote on party lines no matter what.
Personally I haven’t voted for a specific party in over 20 years. I vote for the best local candidate on my local ticket.
Who is going to represent my needs and be my voice in that circus we call parliament?

Right now the answer is no one.
At the moment I could not consciously tick a LNP or ALP on any ballot paper. Unfortunately that means my vote is pointless because dumb people will always vote along their party lines regardless of how incompetent the candidate is and in doing so they are sending the message to all politicians that what is happening right now is just fine....

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2018, 02:26:31 PM »
funny:
Turnbull has called Peter Dutton's citizenship question "very significant" and says the Solicitor-General's advice, to be delivered to the government on Friday morning, must be a consideration in the contest.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2018, 02:55:04 PM »
funny:
Turnbull has called Peter Dutton's citizenship question "very significant" and says the Solicitor-General's advice, to be delivered to the government on Friday morning, must be a consideration in the contest.
to me it appears as if Turnbull is running the guy down big time, making it that if he does become leader then he’ll have a massive job infront of him to rebuild his name and the party they have ripped apart. Can’t blame Turnbull for doing that after he put several million dollars of his own coin into propping up the Libs campaign at the last election, only to get this now happen. Good on Turnbull for making people put thier names down on paper also if they want him gone, it’s easy to be a faceless back stabber, make them own thier decisions in public I say.

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2018, 03:33:02 PM »
No, not at all.
Our whole political system is seriously f**** up right now, and has been since Howard got punted.

Personally I haven’t voted for a specific party in over 20 years. I vote for the best local candidate on my local ticket.
Who is going to represent my needs and be my voice in that circus we call parliament?

At the moment I could not consciously tick a LNP or ALP on any ballot paper. Unfortunately that means my vote is pointless because dumb people will always vote along their party lines regardless of how incompetent the candidate is and in doing so they are sending the message to all politicians that what is happening right now is just fine....

Yep. Gotta agree there........90% of the sheeple have no idea on the basics of government and therefore cannot make an informed choice except for who is going to give them the bigger handout.........and the powers that be know that and get the media to diddle the info dished out...........
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2018, 03:34:03 PM »
No, not at all.

Same here. I am non party person and have tried to vote as I see, who is the best of a sad bunch. No way can I vote for the main parties. But I am worried about the change of gov, which will happen in a land slide. Being self funded I know I will be hit hard. It is already in their policy.  But it all is so sad. I wish there was a way that we could sack them all and have all fresh candiates. But I know that is impossible.  But how about first of ban all political donations (incudes by unions), direct or indirect, and have election funding provided by us, with limits.  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2018, 03:45:40 PM »
IN MY OPINION

The issue stems from the 24 hour news cycle and social media.

No longer can a politician have a long term view on anything, let alone anything meaningful. Everything is geared for the 7 second grab on the news, and opinions change as the social media frenzy spins up. It is arguable that Keating and Howard were the last PM's that had any real vision past the next election (or party room spill).

There appears to be such partisanship now that no matter what the current government puts in place, the future ones will try to rip out just because they didn't do it themselves. Doesn't matter the merits of it. NBN is the perfect example of watering down an excellent initiative. When they ran telephone cables all over the country decades ago, everyone thought that would be a waste of money, now a majority of the NBN will be a bottleneck in the not to distant future and will have to be redone.

This affects all politicians equally, no matter of what party (or independent) they belong to. My main issue is that I cannot see it getting any better in the future, and I certainly have no ideas on a solution.
2002 Landcruiser GXV

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2018, 04:27:11 PM »
IN MY OPINION

The issue stems from the 24 hour news cycle and social media.

:cup:  :cup:

Plus so many dam stupid polls.   Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2018, 04:37:38 PM »
If I was Turnbull, I'd be dropping a nice big smelly "Stanley Steamer" in Dutton's lunch box before I left.

Right slap bang on top of his vegemite sangers.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Inland_Sailor

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »
Given that the Liberals are riven by division, we may see the Party split into the conservatives and the moderates/centrists [as separate partys].
This type of outcome occurred with the ALP/DLP split in the 50's and lead to decades of Liberal Govt and probably would see the same thing happen with the right wing parties.

Offline aussie9

• Tent User
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2018, 04:44:13 PM »
Several comments from LNP members in the past few days......."Our job is to stop the Labour Party winning the next election".
It's funny because I thought they were elected to run the Country!
I hope they all give part of their pay back.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2018, 04:53:33 PM »
And now Bishop puts her hat in the ring!

Truly a circus
2002 Landcruiser GXV

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »
Trent from Punchy is in the running too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RjC-vh06_c  Good chance he'd fit right in  ;D ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2018, 06:58:05 PM »
No, not at all.

The problem is you are still voting for a major party because that's where your preferences flow
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2018, 07:12:56 PM »
I always vote for whoever will (hopefully) result in the seat becoming more marginal as marginal seats seem to get more attention and funding promises from both sides.

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2018, 07:27:36 PM »
Oh look!! A political thread.....how lovely..... :cup: :cup:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ultimate LC79 Combo
The following users thanked this post: Cruiser 105Tvan

Offline Isuzumu

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Isuzu MU
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
If I was Turnbull, I'd be dropping a nice big smelly "Stanley Steamer" in Dutton's lunch box before I left.

Right slap bang on top of his vegemite sangers.
Sorry Kev, but if I was Dutton I would go over and grab Turnbal by the balls ops sorry don't think he has any and tell him that   stop being a faggot and piss off cause most of us are feed up with you lefty/greeny attitude.
Cheers Bruce
2012 Isuzu D.Max
1994 Isuzu Mu
2011 Jayco 17.55 Outback with Cruisemaster Independent Air Suspension
Off road trailer full of camping gear.

HF Radio Club  Sel Call 1955

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2018, 08:56:04 PM »
Sorry Kev, but if I was Dutton I would go over and grab Turnbal by the balls ops sorry don't think he has any and tell him that   stop being a faggot and piss off cause most of us are feed up with you lefty/greeny attitude.

He did ask graham Richardson to join the labor party

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper