Author Topic: Leadership spill happened...  (Read 27355 times)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Leadership spill happened...
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2018, 06:29:17 PM »

Unions... well probably a good reason why Australia is no longer competitive and work is moved off shore. Unions push employers asking for ridiculous conditions and pay and wonder why things close down. Look at Holden you had factory workers earning over $100k no wonder they became uncompetitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the common perception by people who don't know the real story.
I'd like to see the proof of factory workers on 100K a year ? Some maybe, but the small amount that did heaps of overtime etc make it seem normal, but like all industries, the reality for the average worker is a bit different.
And it has been proven, the wages or unions wasn't the factor behind Holden ( or the others ) closing down.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2018, 06:30:13 PM »
Trump?
Anyday?
Surely you jest?
He is a corrupt misogynistic lying crook. The only reason he hasnt been charged(yet) is because they cant criminally charge a sitting President. Thats how F***ked up they are.
But fret not, he will be after his term in office, if he's not impeached first.

Cheers Glen
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2018, 06:41:30 PM »
Trump?
Anyday?
Surely you jest?
He is a corrupt misogynistic lying crook. The only reason he hasnt been charged(yet) is because they cant criminally charge a sitting President. Thats how F***ked up they are.
But fret not, he will be after his term in office, if he's not impeached first.

Cheers Glen
Keep listening to the leftist media. You won’t hear any praise of him watching tv or reading Facebook.

In other news the first boat has already arrived.

Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2018, 06:47:48 PM »
I dont have a problem with robust factual discussion. Just no need to take it personal or get personal.

+1

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2018, 06:56:35 PM »
Keep listening to the leftist media. You won’t hear any praise of him watching tv or reading Facebook.

Sorry I just choked on my drink.
Obviously the US state department and FBI are under Putins mind control.
Leftist media? Besides the Packers billionaire bro-mance with Trump, you actually believe the rest of the worlds media are owned by unions, China and Venezuela?
Now I know your pulling our chains. You my friend really are funny!

Cheers Glen

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2018, 07:13:40 PM »

If you are a good worker an employer will do anything they can to keep you. 

Sorry it doesn't always work that way.  I "AM AND ALWAYS HAVE" been a good worker. Worked for a mob that made millions a year. No union there. Had to fight for every dollar and I mean every dollar. They got more than what they paid out. In the end I left over a $1 a week issue. We made a deal and he wasn't paying it. Week by week it dropped by a dollar. After 6 weeks I told him to stick his job up his clacker.  Others there asked about the union, when they came they let the bosses sit in and told the union they didn't need them. Guess what. One by one they got screwed over too.  Suppose the boss needed the money to keep up his collection of Ferrari and Mercedes cars (2 of each when I was there). Then that is why you have scum workers.

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2018, 07:13:49 PM »
Just to show what even Trumps side of politics think of him.
John McCain gets Obama to give a eulogy, Trump not even invited to funeral.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/386385-obama-bush-to-give-eulogies-at-mccains-eventual-funeral-report

Cheers Glen

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/386385-obama-bush-to-give-eulogies-at-mccains-eventual-funeral-report

Cheers Glen

Research trumps list of achievements. See for yourself. Look at their economy and their unemployment rate since he became president.

Bought a what?

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »
Sorry it doesn't always work that way.  I "AM AND ALWAYS HAVE" been a good worker. Worked for a mob that made millions a year. No union there. Had to fight for every dollar and I mean every dollar. They got more than what they paid out. In the end I left over a $1 a week issue. We made a deal and he wasn't paying it. Week by week it dropped by a dollar. After 6 weeks I told him to stick his job up his clacker.  Others there asked about the union, when they came they let the bosses sit in and told the union they didn't need them. Guess what. One by one they got screwed over too.  Suppose the boss needed the money to keep up his collection of Ferrari and Mercedes cars (2 of each when I was there). Then that is why you have scum workers.
Shit boss by the sounds of it. In my circumstance my wife works long hours, works hard for one of the big 4 she earns significantly more then people doing the same role she does. Others have attempted to poach her and each time her employer ups her pay to keep her. No unions in sight.

Some bosses don’t deserve good workers

Bought a what?

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2018, 07:31:08 PM »
Research trumps list of achievements. See for yourself. Look at their economy and their unemployment rate since he became president.

Not playing silly games anymore.

Cheers Glen

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
Leadership spill happened...
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2018, 07:38:41 PM »
I would like to write a long and very detailed post about all of Trumps success as president........ nah stuff it, can’t be bothered with fairy tails right now. 

Instead I thought we should get this thread back on track.

I’ve been interested to see the list of Abbot supporters that signed the Libs death at the next election petition and created this big waste of time and money that just happened.

So far Turnbull has not been forthcoming with the complete list of wreckers names.
We’ll have to go with some fake news from our own local lefty media to get some names of those in the government that had the sense to know Mr Patatohead would destroy what was left of our country’s respect in the world...

“WhatsApp messages reveal behind-the-scenes machinations.
'Friends For Stability' WhatsApp group;

Frontbenchers:
Simon Birmingham
Christopher Pyne
Kelly O'Dwyer
Marise Payne
Craig Laundy
Paul Fletcher
Anne Ruston
Melissa Price
Jane Prentice

Backbenchers:
Julia Banks (VIC)
Sarah Henderson (VIC)
Chris Crewther (VIC)
Jane Hume (VIC)
Julian Leeser (NSW)
Trent Zimmerman (NSW)
Richard Colbeck (TAS)
Lucy Gichuhi (SA)

The ABC's Insiders program has obtained a WhatsApp group chat thread between key moderate Liberals and new MPs, in a group named "Friends For Stability", discussing how the vote may play out.

Frontbencher Paul Fletcher kicks off the discussion.

"Cormann rumoured to be putting some WA votes behind Julie Bishop in round 1," he wrote to colleagues.

"Be aware that this is a ruse trying to get her ahead of Morrison so he drops out & his votes go to Dutton.

"Despite our hearts tugging us to Julie we need to vote with our heads for Scott in round one."

The recipients of the message include both ministers and backbenchers, and Christopher Pyne replied to say he had told Julie Bishop "very respectfully".

Mathias Cormann has denied to the ABC that he was employing such tactics to knock Ms Bishop out of the race.

Just hours after the Insiders report aired, Ms Bishop announced she was standing down as foreign affairs minister.”

All of the above is obviously fake news.
We’ll just have to wait for Mr Murdoch, Mr Jones and Mr Hadley to review the facts and shout at us exactly what we need to know....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:48:57 PM by Pete79 »

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2018, 08:12:44 PM »
The American economy is actually doing reasonably well since Trump became president, here is a decent bit of both sides of the coin reporting from a centre left publication. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/684606002
I don't think Trump is morally fit to be President but the economy seems to be firing on his watch. The leftist media do point to him being not very intelligent but I don't think you make, or even just maintain his kind of wealth being as dumb as they like to make out him to be.

The truth I generally find is never as good as advocates make out and never as bad detractors would have you believe.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:32:34 PM by tryagain »

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »

Illegal Chinese fishing boat, but hay, don’t let the facts get in the way of that scaremongering....

Ohh, sorry my mistake.
Your simply re-enforcing the fact that our incompetent immigration minister has been completely distracted by his own ego and has stoped stopping the boats while he’s been trying to steal control of our country.

Got it. Thanks for the update... ;D

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2018, 09:11:10 PM »
Your simply re-enforcing the fact that our incompetent immigration minister...

I know the left hate Dutton for his role in boat turnbacks and OS detention centres but I think most impartial observer's would say he has actually been pretty successful.
His detractors bang on about detention centres all the while ignoring the fact that well over a 1000 people died at sea under the previous governments policies and just about everyone I read at the time thought that now the cat was out of the bag the boats and related deaths would never stop.
Yet he managed to stem the arrivals and likely saved 1000's of lives by doing so.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »
Nah, just applying the same Trump logic that’s been going around in here....
1 boat landed that makes the man incompetent.

Or more just that fact that while he’s been distracted by his power play he hasn’t been focused on what we pay him to do. So by that fact he is currently as incompetent as the rest of that mob down there.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2018, 09:24:58 PM »
And back to the original topic, I did like Warren Enysch comment on his signature calling for a spill, "For Brendon Nelson" I don't really have any sympathy for Turnbull, he previously undermined two Liberal leaders, as the saying goes live by the sword die by the sword.

What I do find amusing though is the many who blame Abbott for bringing down Turnbull and are up in arms about it, but for the vast majority I bet there was no such outcry when Turnbull ousted Abbott.

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2018, 07:14:52 AM »
Illegal Chinese fishing boat, but hay, don’t let the facts get in the way of that scaremongering....

Ohh, sorry my mistake.
Your simply re-enforcing the fact that our incompetent immigration minister has been completely distracted by his own ego and has stoped stopping the boats while he’s been trying to steal control of our country.

Got it. Thanks for the update... ;D

Well there you go. I thought we had other people out there working hard to locate a very small vessel in a bloody big ocean. No our poor  immigration minister was doing it by himself. Amazing.  So when a minister is distracted their whole department or departments just stop, in an instant!   ???  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2018, 07:18:23 AM »
Well there you go. I thought we had other people out there working hard to locate a very small vessel in a bloody big ocean. No our poor  immigration minister was doing it by himself. Amazing.  So when a minister is distracted their whole department or departments just stop, in an instant!   ???  Kevin
Yep, Kevin Rudd killed that poor kid by himself remember.... ;)

Offline Julian Kaye

• Tent User
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2018, 08:59:09 AM »

They say that a country gets the politicians it deserves. After reading the mostly swill that passes for informed opinion on this thread then I'd say that's pretty close to the truth.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2018, 09:52:51 AM »
It seems Abbott and Dutton have achieved what many thought was impossible - Bill Shorten is now our preferred Prime Minister! And now we are going to have months of the Liberals essentially in caretaker mode.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2018, 10:04:16 AM »
  They say that a country gets the politicians it deserves. After reading the mostly swill that passes for informed opinion on this thread then I'd say that's pretty close to the truth.

Yes...your comment certainly proves it...
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2018, 10:28:32 AM »
I go to the states regularly and do business with a lot over there.

Is trump making a diff yep the economy is going well confidence is strong.
Is the press making it hard for him 100% some of his notable achievments have been totally ignored.
But he started the war with them , as for McCain any career politician or Bureaucrat is going to hate him, his not playing by there rules. Simples they want him out.
Is he morally corrupt I reckon
Was he in bed with the Russians , yep I reckon . But then so was Hillary.
Will he get back in I reckon a shoe in from the everyday Americans I meet.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2018, 10:30:13 AM »

Cheers Glen

Yep they hated each other , same as peacock won’t be giving Howard’s elugogy or Julia Kevin’s

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »
I know the left hate Dutton for his role in boat turnbacks and OS detention centres but I think most impartial observer's would say he has actually been pretty successful.
His detractors bang on about detention centres all the while ignoring the fact that well over a 1000 people died at sea under the previous governments policies and just about everyone I read at the time thought that now the cat was out of the bag the boats and related deaths would never stop.
Yet he managed to stem the arrivals and likely saved 1000's of lives by doing so.

Not to mention the children labor put into the dentention  centers in the first place that the left have gone on about for the last 5 yrs

Jim

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »
I go to the states regularly and do business with a lot over there.

Is trump making a diff yep the economy is going well confidence is strong.
Is the press making it hard for him 100% some of his notable achievments have been totally ignored.
But he started the war with them , as for McCain any career politician or Bureaucrat is going to hate him, his not playing by there rules. Simples they want him out.
Is he morally corrupt I reckon
Was he in bed with the Russians , yep I reckon . But then so was Hillary.
Will he get back in I reckon a shoe in from the everyday Americans I meet.
Right on. Unfortunately I expected Glen not to bother looking at a list of the things he’s done because no matter what he does he wouldn’t be liked by certain parts of the population.

Anyway enough of that.

Bought a what?