Author Topic: Another building crumbles.  (Read 10601 times)

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Another building crumbles.
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »
I feel sorry for the young girl from Canberra that was on four corners last night. Her apartment is undamaged, but is in a unit complex that has significant problems. She'll still need to stump up for a share of the body corporate repairs which will force her into bankruptcy as she  wont be able able to service the additional debt?
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Online Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2019, 07:49:19 AM »
She'll still need to stump up for a share of the body corporate repairs which will force her into bankruptcy as she  wont be able able to service the additional debt?

I know that's life, & life's not fair, but that's just wrong :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2019, 09:27:21 AM »
Quote from: Spada
I feel sorry for the young girl from Canberra that was on four corners last night. Her apartment is undamaged, but is in a unit complex that has significant problems. She'll still need to stump up for a share of the body corporate repairs which will force her into bankruptcy as she  wont be able able to service the additional debt?

There will be dozens in her boat, which is all ****ed up... said it before, GOv co blow billions on stupid Shit and donations to overseas countries... Time to start looking after our own.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2019, 08:34:40 AM »
This isnt going to end well

Mascot Towers residents given two 'very bad' options after building failure
One loan proposal would offer up to $20 million at a 7.7 per cent variable interest rate per annum over 15 years, with funds to be put towards stages one and three of the remediation works which have already started.

One resident, who did not want to be named, said "the options presented to us as owners are like choosing a preferred execution method".

Another owner said both options are "very bad", adding he had spoken with a bankruptcy lawyer on Wednesday morning. wow...

"We don’t know whether the $20 million is the end or just the beginning. We have not yet received the final costing," the owner said. "The strata committee can liquidate me if they push through the motion in the AGM."

A survey last month by the building’s owners corporation found more than a third of owners cannot pay their portion of the levy because banks and other lenders are refusing to assist.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/mascot-towers-residents-given-two-very-bad-options-after-building-failure-20191009-p52z0e.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2019, 02:05:49 PM »
Apparently the old 60's 70's and 80's units are now some of the most sought after real estate in sydney
Double brick so if it has not fallen down by now it wont
High ceilings and easy to renovate
Most only 6 stories high
No elevators so strata fees reasonable

Amazing how what is old always seems to come around as popular again
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2020, 10:39:39 AM »
it aint over yet.
The nightmare for residents of Sydney's Mascot Towers isn’t over yet, with fresh concerns over the cracking of a brick facade in one of the apartment towers, which has forced businesses in the complex to close.

Fire and Rescue were called to the apartment block just after 10pm on Thursday after reports of the cracking. Crews taped off the area and temporary fencing is expected to be erected on Friday.

Engineers working on tower one of the apartment complex reported concerns over cracking brickwork on the Bourke Street facade. About three commercial and retail shops will be vacated as a precautionary measure.

Residents of the 132 apartments were evacuated in June over cracking in the primary support structure and facade masonry, causing fears the building had become unstable.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/cracks-reported-in-brick-facade-of-mascot-towers-as-shops-evacuated-20200207-p53ym6.html

How can this happen ??? ??? Like the Opal Towers
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 10:46:46 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Online Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2020, 11:17:37 AM »
Like the Opal Towers

There's been so many of them recently, I get confused over which one's which ::) :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday